Tarik Sqeaks!

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Tarik Abdelazim has once again contacted me to attempt his spin on the facts. He email is below, my reply at the bottom:

----- Original Message -----From: Abdelazim, Tarik [mailto:tabdelazim@cityofbinghamton.com]

To: ED not allowed

Cc: tabdelazim@cityofbinghamton.com

Sent: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:30:24 -0400

Subject: Clarifications

Given your postings on the local newspaper site, I wanted to offer some

more clarifications:

1. The Court St Gateway project is covered almost wholly by

federal and state funds that, if not allocated to Binghamton would go to

other communities. The project, which is approximately, $4.2 million, is

covered by following shares: FHWA funds (80%); DOT funds (15%); and City

funds. Are you suggesting 5% of $4.2 million is $2 million? Odd.

2. The Water fund is a separate enterprise fund, which comes with

it certain municipal financial regulations. If the revenue generated

does not match the expenses, the rerves must be used OR rates must be

raised. There is no other option, really. There were four years

(2002-2006) with no rate increases, and instead the fund reserve was

drained from 1.2 million to about 200k. The Mayor's rate increases are

unavoidable (making up for lost years of poor fiscal management), and

the new rates bring the City into the same range of other municipalities

with water filtration plants.

3. You claim the Mayor has created sixteen positions, but that is

not even close to accurate. The Mayor has re-instated five positions,

created three new positions, and eliminated six. To assist with the

math, that is a net change of 2 employees of a nearly 600-member

workforce.

I provide this response not to engage in the childish and petty games

with which you seem so obsessed and skilled to wage, but to document my

attempts to provide you truthful, accurate information about municipal

finance. Thus, any future reiterations by you of such inaccuracies would

be exposed for what they are: not excusable misunderstandings, but

inexcusable politically-motivated lies that are shameful and destructive

to the very idea of participatory democracy.

Sincerely,

Tarik Abdelazim

Executive Assistant to the Mayor

38 Hawley Street - Fourth Floor, City Hall

Binghamton, NY 13901

O: (607) 772-7001

F: (607) 772-0508

tabdelazim@cityofbinghamton.com

www.cityofbinghamton.com

----- Original Message -----From: Ed not allowed

To: tabdelazim@cityofbinghamton.com

Cc: sbodner@pressconnets.com, cstovall@pressconnects.com, froessne@binghamt.gannett.com, catlin@wbngtv.com,moss@wbngtv.com, newstips@news10now.com, jimehmke@clearchannel.com,info@news10now.com, comments@news10now.com,fox40@wicz.com,newsdirector@wicz.com, lizahaines@clearchannel.com, actionnews@wbngtv.com

Sent: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:03:29 -0500

Subject: Tarik Speaks!

Tarik,

I'm afraid at this point you have lost all credibility.

Didn't you tell us the muni wifi would cost $58,000 and cover one square mile and lose $15,000 per year WITH users fees. Now we hear it will cost $98,000 for two years, doesn't cover anywhere near 1 square mile and barely works and has no users fees.

Didn't you say in a recent email to me the Ronak offer was for $6,700,000? In fact it was for $6,900,000. Haven't you and your boss been saying for six months the deal with Nexus was done when it really has collapsed? Why won't you take the Ronak offer?

With regard to the Court Street Roundabout you know very well the additional costs to complete it for things NOT covered by the federal money amounts to at least $1,400,000 (as reported by the PSB) and the project is being delayed while you decide what to do about those costs. (I'll find you the news article about it later) Given your track record if it is suppose to cost $1,400,000 it will probably cost $2,800,000. At $2,000,000 I am being conservative in my estimate of Binghamton's share.

With regard to the water rates, I have conducted my own survey of Utica, Cortland, Syracuse, Watertown, Endicott, Conklin, Vestal, Johnson City, Rochester and Binghamton, as I did with the firefighters. All of those municipalities have rates lower, in most cases MUCH lower, than Binghamton's. Furthermore, five of the ten offer discounts to large volume users. We both know the actual increase by August would amount to 66% in 18 months. If you want to encourage business create tiered pricing base on volume, most discounts seem to start around 2,000,000 gallons (2600 100cubic/ft. units). Discounts at such large volumes will not change the revenue for the city very much but make quite a difference for commercial users and their bottom line. Furthermore, isn't part of the argument for the increase that we have few people using less water so wouldn?t you want to reward those that do use more and therefore pay more?

As for new positions, I simply do not believe anything you have to say. You do not consider reinstating jobs that had once been eliminated as new, what is the point of even discussing this? You know very well, you and your boss have played a shell game with jobs, moving old ones off the CDBG to create new ones and claim the new ones were not funded by the city. You have jobs you created with grant money for purely political purposes. Nobody, nobody is buying your bull anymore. You have no credibility left. Also, the figure of 16 new positions is not mine but somebody else's

As for your idea of participatory democracy, it is laughable. You create committees, hold meetings and then ignore the directives and do whatever you want anyway. The Court Street Roundabout is a perfect example of that.

The municipal finances are in shambles because neither you nor Matthew T. Ryan have a clue what you are doing. That is not surprising given this is your first real job.

You spend your time picketing against Time-Warner in support of a few employees from Utica. You are more concerned about protest marches than running the affairs of the City. You are both an embarrassment to civil society and this city.

Sincerly,

Ed not allowed

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Tarik Abdelazim has once again contacted me to attempt his spin on the facts. He email is below, my reply at the bottom:

Wow!!

For the reader's sake, the entirety of the the previous post has been deleted.

Guest Guest

Incidentally, the "16" number came from a current City Hall employee who works there and observes there EVERY day.

On a different topic, though ... Ed, would "rewarding" the commercial users for high-volume usage be, in effect, sticking it to the residential customers?

And what of the failed FEMA grant application(s) that also is information coming from within the walls of City Hall.

Guest Guest
Incidentally, the "16" number came from a current City Hall employee who works there and observes there EVERY day.

On a different topic, though ... Ed, would "rewarding" the commercial users for high-volume usage be, in effect, sticking it to the residential customers?

And what of the failed FEMA grant application(s) that also is information coming from within the walls of City Hall.

Tiered water rates are common throughout NY-state. It doesn't stick it it anybody. Everybody will have to pay an increase. For some the increase will mean $40 mor per year for others $25,000.

Since I cannot speak first hand of the failed FEMA grant application supposely filled out by ill-prepared Citizen Action flunky Daphne Gathers, I left that for somebody else.

Too bad the person who can authenticate the 16 new positions doesn't come forward with his/her name to prove Tarik Abdelazim liar. Untl people speak up Tarik will continue to lie.

Guest Guest

Gotta love Tarik's "if we don't take the roundabout money, some other community will" rationalization.

How utterly Bucci-esque of you, Tarik.

Some "change" we got with this bunch, huh?

If you're broke and don't have a penny to your name, and someone comes to you and says, I'd like to give you a 70,000 dollar Mercedes "FOR FREE"....except you have to pay $5000......you can't sell it, and you also have to pay for all the gas, insurance, and repairs for the rest of your life....would you take the car?

That's precisely what the city of Binghamton is doing wth the Roundabout, the Riverwalk and a host of other projects where they can't even afford their own small share of the pie. We keep spending money we don't have on these "great deals" because we don't want another community to take it.

Some logic, huh?

And then you wonder why Binghamton is on the brink of financial insolvency?

There's no such thing as a free lunch, fools.

Guest Guest

ed - I am afraid at this point that you have lost all credibility. tarik's response is logical and factual - while yours is always spin, twisting the facts and at times outright lies. no one takes you seriously any longer. you are a sick and obsessed person. you post constantly about the mayor, his private parts - you post obsessively about a city you do not live in, work in, own property in, or pay taxes in. you live and work in another city and yet you obsess about ours.

Guest Binghamton U

I think Mr. Abdelazim needs to go back to school and learn how to send responding letters.

this thing is so filled with hate and errors he needs a sensitivity class :blink:

Could we get a list of exactly what positions Mr. Abdelazim is claiming have been:

1. Re-instated

2. Created

3. Eliminated

That would help determine the voracity of his claim.

Guest Guest
Could we get a list of exactly what positions Mr. Abdelazim is claiming have been:

1. Re-instated

2. Created

3. Eliminated

That would help determine the voracity of his claim.

And you would care why?

Guest Guest

Yes, isn't Tarik's spin on things amzing.

Some job had been eliminated so they no longer existed.

Most people would say if they were re-opened with different people years later they are new jobs but not Tarik, they are re-instatments of new people!

How can we a believe a word this guy says?

He has been around Matt Ryan too long.

@

Guest Guest

Here is a simple question for Mr. Abdelazim:

Is the current Court Street Gateway Roundabout project currently being delayed while planners and engineers study the existing infrastructure and consider what upgrades will be necessary to them to complete the roundabout and how to pay for them because they are NOT included in the federal funding?.

Yes?

or

No?

@

Guest Guest
I care because Tarik wrote to me with his lies so I want all the facts.

1) but tarik told the facts - it is you that twists reality - twists the truth to fit your agenda

2) Why do you care what tarik says? you do not live in this city - you dont pay taxes here, you dont own property here - you dont work here. and yet you obsess, day after day after day, about the mayor, his private parts - the city and everything to do with ryan and his administration.

Guest Guest
And you would care why?

I can't speak for Ed's motivation, but I simply want the truth, and I happen to know that Tariq Abdelazim is NOT telling the truth about newly created positions, spending on salaries and benefits.

He's a lying liar and these are his lies, to paraphrase Al Franken.

Guest Guest

Ah, but I live in the city and pay taxes. My water rates are going up 42%, there are FACTS pointing toward a royal DELETED over FEMA money within this mayor's administration, and I believe Abdelazim to be lying.

Guest Crazy Eddie

Tarik must be an idiot.

Why else would he respond to someone who doesn't pay taxes or vote in his municipality?

Why else would he respond to a delusional, disturbed whack-job?

Why else would he even acknowledge the existence of a fixated stalker with a criminal background?

Wow.

And you would care why?

we care because money is being DELETED away on pointless projects. This is money that we are paying and paying more of, so the mayor and his buddies can raise a rainbow flag and support not only blood throwers but also the blood spilling MOA from hancock.

Fix the city first, then worry about roundabouts.

Guest Guest
Tarik must be an idiot.

Why else would he respond to someone who doesn't pay taxes or vote in his municipality?

Why else would he respond to a delusional, disturbed whack-job?

Why else would he even acknowledge the existence of a fixated stalker with a criminal background?

Wow.

"fixated stalker with a criminal background"=Matthew T. Ryan.

Guest Guest

Awwww! Who's fixated on Ryan's private parts? What's up with THAT?

People that are obsessed with Ed's obsession with Binghamton politics are LOONS.

Guest Guest
we care because money is being pissed away on pointless projects. This is money that we are paying and paying more of, so the mayor and his buddies can raise a rainbow flag and support not only blood throwers but also the blood spilling MOA from hancock.

Fix the city first, then worry about roundabouts.

I understand why you care poptart - I was asking why ed would care and why he would post 40,000 times here on bc voice about a city he does not live in - work in - own a home in - pay taxes in.

Guest Guest
Awwww! Who's fixated on Ryan's private parts? What's up with THAT?

People that are obsessed with Ed's obsession with Binghamton politics are LOONS.

eddie eh is fixated with ryan's private parts. he made over 150 posts about his proivates here on bc voice and perhaps many more on press connects

Guest Guest
I understand why you care poptart - I was asking why ed would care and why he would post 40,000 times here on bc voice about a city he does not live in - work in - own a home in - pay taxes in.

he does work in Binghamton...

Archived