Why haven't you moved out of state?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Let's face it. You hate Binghamton. You hate New York. The question is, given how much you hate this place, why haven't you already moved to Florida, North Carolina, or some other place like that?

I'm just curious.

Guest Guest
Let's face it. You hate Binghamton. You hate New York. The question is, given how much you hate this place, why haven't you already moved to Florida, North Carolina, or some other place like that?

I'm just curious.

I did. Glad to be gone.

OK all you BC supporters, tell me how glad you are I left.

Let the Flaming begin!

Guest Guest

Leaving in 2 weeks...getting out before we have another double digit tax increase. Under Kraham, taxes rose less than 2% overall and that includes 2003 when Medicaid was at its worst. Under Fiala, they've gone up more than 12% in 3 years and the surplus is all used up. Bend over Broome County.

Guest Guest
I did. Glad to be gone.

Let the Flaming begin!

Glad to be gone, but not bragging about where you went? BOGUS POST. this person is a liar!!!!!!! No doubt, upon reading this, the poster will come back to say " I live in....blah blah" DON'T BELIEVE this crap.

Guest Guest

I'm just curious.

Yup. Just moved to VA this last weekend. Why? Dead-end job and housing market, bad weather, and a close-minded attitude in Binghamton. It was a great place to grow up in, but the magic has worn off.

Flame away with your "don't let the door hit you on the DELETED on your way out" posts, as we keep departing. Buh bye....no regrets.

Why am I posting here.....'cause I can!

Guest Guest
Glad to be gone, but not bragging about where you went? BOGUS POST. this person is a liar!!!!!!! No doubt, upon reading this, the poster will come back to say " I live in....blah blah" DON'T BELIEVE this crap.

Believe it.....it' the truth, dopey.

Guest Guest

I have quite a few things that I need to take care of before I can think about moving but trust me when I tell you that I will do everything I can to speed the process up. I cant wait to move away from here. This is no longer the nice place where I grew up. It is turning into a miniature NYC. As soon as I can, I am out of here. This place sucks anymore. To those of you who have left already or are leaving soon, congratulations, I am sure you will be much happier.

@

I did. Glad to be gone.

Let the Flaming begin!

Might be able to if you had the guts to use a regular s/n instead of hiding behind the generic guest thing. What you afraid of?

Guest Sleepy

Why haven't I moved out of state?????

Well,it's because of my good paying state job.

I would lose all my seniority in another state and might even have to do some work! :blink:

I did not grow up in the Binghamton area, but did grow up in upstate NY. I moved back "home" (upstate) after my brother was killed a few years ago while riding his motorcycle to work. He had small children who needed support from family. I will never regret coming back as my nephew, his oldest son, was killed just last year. I would not trade those years for anything or any place, even though we were not close, I felt connected again.

Who knows where any of us will be in 5 or 10 years? I can say with certainity I will be close to my children and family. Life is to darn short to lose even a day with them.

Family, friends. I love my job and my husband has built his job up over the past few years. If we were to leave we'd be starting over at the bottom which is where we don't want to go back to. It's not out of the question, who knows where we'll be down the road. We take it one day at a time!

Guest jimmy b
Yup. Just moved to VA this last weekend. Why? Dead-end job and housing market, bad weather, and a close-minded attitude in Binghamton. It was a great place to grow up in, but the magic has worn off.

Flame away with your "don't let the door hit you on the DELETED on your way out" posts, as we keep departing. Buh bye....no regrets. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why am I posting here.....'cause I can!

Loser. Need I say more?

Guest Guest

I did...nearly 6 years ago.

I now live in Boulder, CO and it's as beautiful as you might imagine. Jobs are plentiful, weather is great and overall it's a wonderful place to live. People live here for one simple reason...becasue they want to.

But, for those of you packing your bags, keep in mind that the grass isn't always greener. There is ALWAYS a price. When you leave you miss your family and friends and the sense of "home" you once knew. The cost of living and the traffic, etc is outrageous.

And if you don't have an education or some serious skills, don't think you'll be any better off out here because the sun is always shining. Broke is broke and I've met tons of people from all over who came here with nothing and still have nothing. Be sure to have a plan. I just finished my MS and have a great job, but now, as odd as it may sound, I miss home and my family and want to come back.

Keep in mind, its' a big beautiful country, but there's always a trade off. Someday you may just miss those dark, dreary days of NY....

Guest Guest

I'm just curious.

I've lived in Florida, North Carolina, Texas, Indiana and Pennsylvania. Why did I keep coming back here? Family. I wanted to be near my parents & grandparents. When my child was born, I wanted him to know his grandparents. Now he's in school and I wouldn't dream of moving and having him lose his close friends. I do talk about leaving NY again when he's finished with school but that's quite a few years down the road and who knows what tomorrow may bring?

Guest The Truth

I'm just curious.

Great Welfare Benefits :blink::blink::blink:

Guest Guest

Home isn't just about money, jobs and taxes. Its comfortable here. Like the dude from Colorado said, everything has trade offs. This place works for me.

Guest Angelo Tatos

I'm just curious.

For me..the answer is..I have about 3 months left on my sentence..then I'm gone baby..thank god the jail lets me use the computer to vent sometimes.

PS

Is their any young chicks on this board ?

Guest Guest

I want to go, but I love my man and he wants to stay-so I'll stay and complain and try and do some good things to make it better. Who doesn't love being #1-except for in our categories- Taxes, Utility Costs, & Sex Offenders. Yea for you voters who keep voting for the same stupid DELETED!!!!!!!!!!!!Whoo Hooo stand up & be proud!!!!!!!!!!!!! American Idol is way more important anyway right?

Guest Guest
Leaving in 2 weeks...getting out before we have another double digit tax increase. Under Kraham, taxes rose less than 2% overall and that includes 2003 when Medicaid was at its worst. Under Fiala, they've gone up more than 12% in 3 years and the surplus is all used up. Bend over Broome County.

That's exactly what traps most people here,their jobs or family commitments. Most of the people that have left the area left because at least one of those thing that kept them went away. Let face it no one would live in an area like this if it wasn't for a job and that they started a family here because of that job. Even by NYS standards the weather here is terrible and now that a good number of the well paid jobs are gone and the taxes/utilities are even worse than the weather I'm leaving as soon as the commitments allow.

Guest Guest
For me..the answer is..I have about 3 months left on my sentence..then I'm gone baby..thank god the jail lets me use the computer to vent sometimes.

PS

Is their any young chicks on this board ?

That's a good one.

I often believe that I'd have a better chance at dating if I were in jail. Women flock to bad boys like moths to a flame.

Maybe I should get a prison pen pal and have all my mail routed through him.

@

Archived