Stabbing at BU

Guest Guest

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The European Union is not allowing Turkey to join. Switzerland held a recent election and voted not to allow the building of mosques. It is times like these that I can better understand those decisions.

Guest Guest-guest567-*

Did you ever think this student did it for his higher being; Muslims kill christians because of their religious beliefs and their God Allah. What is sad is that this country is accepting this behavior and we are in sense prisioners to these people. Bush had all middle eastern students screened at colleges after 9/11; don't you think it is needed now AND all middle eastern people screened here in America? We owe it to ourselves to protect ourselves and this country. It has already gone to the gutter and killings by muslims is a sorry icing on the top.

Guest Guest-guest567-*
still don't know motive. if it is grade or funding related, that is not a muslim issue.

The professor was an advisor, not a teacher who gave grades. This is a cultural issue. How many more american deaths to you have to see before you get it?

This graduate student was 46 years old? Who was supporting him? At what age did he plan on finally going out into the workforce?

This country is way too nice to people come to these shores with hatred on their minds.

The professor was an advisor, not a teacher who gave grades. This is a cultural issue. How many more american deaths to you have to see before you get it?

Antoun was the advisor for this creep's PhD process and was in charge of refereeing his thesis dissertation. Antoun would have had to grant or deny the degree.

Suspect named in fatal stabbing of Binghamton University professor

VESTAL -- Abdulsalam Al-Zahrani has been charged with second-degree murder in the stabbing death of Binghamton University Professor Richard T. Antoun.

Al-Zahrani was taken to the Broome County Jail at 1:30 a.m. Satruday, said Broome County Sheriff's Sgt. Paul Carlson. He was arraigned in Town of Vestal court Saturday morning.

Al-Zahrani, of Grand Avenue in Johnson City, was charged by Binghamton University Police.

The fatal stabbing Friday of longtime Binghamton University anthropology professor Antoun has left the community with more questions than answers, again.

[cont to link]

http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20091...rsity-professor

Connection or not, but this guy lives on the same street where a mosque is located. I don't know how many mosques there are in the area.

Guest Guest-guest567-*
Antoun was the advisor for this creep's PhD process and was in charge of refereeing his thesis dissertation. Antoun would have had to grant or deny the degree.

Thanks for the update, as sad as the situation is. I still say his beliefs were involved with this; I don't think Mollen is saying the truth saying his background did not have a part in this; Mollen is just saying that to cover up. Just what I think.

Thanks for the update, as sad as the situation is. I still say his beliefs were involved with this; I don't think Mollen is saying the truth saying his background did not have a part in this; Mollen is just saying that to cover up. Just what I think.

All the Academics, Prosecutors, Police, Media, and Politicians are so hung up on being "POLITICALLY CORRECT", that they are bilind to RADICAL ISLAM and TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!

And cover this up they will. It's unbelievable that a tolerant, gentle soul such as Professor Antoun died at the hands of somebody like this. They will spin this to look like it was not motivated by religion, but look at the perpetrator, where he lived, where he was from. Come on, we aren't that stupid.

Guest Guest-guest567-*

All I hope is that this isn't made out to be an isolated incident, which I think will happen; sad to say but it is easier to be shoved under the rug instead of dealing with the issue. I hope Lois DeFlueur stands up to this issue. This kind of violence did not happen even 10 years ago like this, and it seems to be the people from the Middle East are causing the problems. Their hate for Americans is very evident. And we are supposed to live like this cause we are the global country. We need protect ourselves.

@

Guest heard it fitrst on bcvoice
I'm certain some of the bigotry on here is starting to rub off on me. They reported that the suspect was a graduate student studying Middle Eastern arts. My first thought was that his name will include Abdullah or Ali!

What are you a prophet? BC voice nailed it, first that the prof died and seconfd that the killer was or at has a muslim sounding name! Why do you think they held the suspects name for so long? Homeland Security...?

@

Prof. Richard T. Antoun was a Jewish convert, through his wife in Binghamton NY, in the Reform tradition, see preface from his book, click here. Prof. Richard T. Antoun had a Muslim grand-father and a Catholic grand-mother on different sides of his family, his parents were married in a civil ceramony in Brazil and then in a Methodist Church when they came to the USA, he has had varied links to many religions including the Quaker and the Catholic Church but appears to have settled on Judism in Binghamton NY.

Islamic law Prof. Richard T. Antoun Stabbed, Killed at Binghamton University by Grad Student, Antoun Wrote the Book Understanding Fundamentalism: Christian, Islamic, and Jewish Movements.

@

There are those on BCV I love because I understand their purity and complete lack of bias (even when I harbor my own). Then there are the usual D-bag suspects who can't seem to put a worn-out sock in their pie holes to save their souls.

Richard Antoun's wife is dear friend of mine and I know that the loss of her beloved is beyond measure. They were/are devoted parents and grandparents. Their faith has far less bearing than the good they both strove to bring to our world. Our community is poorer for their diminished presence. Both Richard and Roz have devoted themselves to making Broome County a better place.

Please remember them both in your prayers.

Please.

@

A questions that will start to surface as a result of this murder regards the behavior of the perp. Did he act strange? Did he do strange things? Who was told about his behavior? Who knew about his behavior? Who did what?

Before the Virginia Tech massacre, colleges were afraid to communicate and act based on a student's demeanor. Now, in light of VT, they act, they intervene and colleges now have to take a proactive stance.

This will be very interesting.

Unfortunately, I was right on. He did display anti-social behavior and his fellow students did nothing about it.

Guest fox news.com

The story has reached Fox news.com. That phrase "no such thing as bad press" also applies to towns and universities as well, right? Thank god there was no religious connection! Nothing to see here, just a lone stabber- a crazy saudi taking his craziness out on an innocent and beloved member of this community.

Grad Student Charged in Death of Binghamton University Professor

Saturday, December 05, 2009

Print ShareThisVESTAL, N.Y. — A graduate student has been accused of fatally stabbing a 77-year-old Binghamton University anthropology professor.

Authorities say Abdulsalam al-Zahrani was charged with murder Saturday in the death of Richard T. Antoun on Friday.

Broome County District Attorney Gerald Mollen says Antoun knew al-Zahrani from school. He told The New York Times the two had known each other for "quite some time."

Mollen says he didn't know whether al-Zahrani has an attorney. There was no phone listing in Binghamton for the 46-year-old Saudi national.

Antoun has written several books, including "Understanding Fundamentalism: Christian, Islamic, and Jewish Movements."

Mollen says there's no indication of religious or ethnic motivation in the attack.

All I hope is that this isn't made out to be an isolated incident, which I think will happen; sad to say but it is easier to be shoved under the rug instead of dealing with the issue. I hope Lois DeFlueur stands up to this issue. This kind of violence did not happen even 10 years ago like this, and it seems to be the people from the Middle East are causing the problems. Their hate for Americans is very evident. And we are supposed to live like this cause we are the global country. We need protect ourselves.

@

I agree wholeheartedly - as long as you disregard that clock tower thing from a couple of decades ago, or that Kent State thing, or that other murder committed in a bio lab where some white guy stuffed a gal into the wall. But other than that and the dozens of other counter-examples, I agree 100%. dey dook our dobs!

Did you ever think this student did it for his higher being; Muslims kill christians because of their religious beliefs and their God Allah. What is sad is that this country is accepting this behavior and we are in sense prisioners to these people. Bush had all middle eastern students screened at colleges after 9/11; don't you think it is needed now AND all middle eastern people screened here in America? We owe it to ourselves to protect ourselves and this country. It has already gone to the gutter and killings by muslims is a sorry icing on the top.

the victim was jewish. what are you talking about??

that's what i was trying to say. if it was academically related, how is it a muslim issue?? i believe it was cultural too, BUT I DON'T KNOW. the possibility exists it wasn't is all i'm tryin to say.

In tyhe 1960s immigration laws were changed in favor of third-world, non-white, pond-scum.

Women's lib was fostered and supported by the communists/marxists to help remove women from the rearing of their own children and to help break down the family unit. This along with the huge spike in tax rates effectively made even those women who didn't wish to do so seek work outside the home just to maintain the same standard of living.

Again, pushed and funded by the commuists/marxists, 'civil rights' was brought to the forefront and culminated in affirmative action and desegration to the further detriment of white families and the school atmosphere. I think there is a definite link between the end of segregation and the beginning of the end of America as a world power. The country was built on the hard work and sacrifice of millions of Europeans, who would be sickened to see how the country was wrecked. It is an example of how multiculturalism destroys once great nations. Also there have been an estimated 60,000 whites slaughtered by blacks since segregation ended. These people would still be alive or would have been able to live out their lives in peace if segregation had stayed in place.

Add into this mix the hoardes of newcomers who had never experienced what our country was during the previous decades along with its values and morals (and wouldn't have cared if they did) who were immediately embraced by the liberals and put on pedestals of 'diversity' and 'multiculturalism' for our children to emulate and...well.....we see what has come of it all.... and, of course, we're the 'racists' or 'home-grown terrorists' for daring to point it out to people like Bee.

Wow! I've seen some nasty, hate-filled posts here on occasion but this one tops them all. Besides the obvious question: WTF does feminism and the end of segration have to do with any of this?, I have 2 more questions: What KKK chapter are you a member of and what hole did you climb out of to post this drivel? :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I was right on. He did display anti-social behavior and his fellow students did nothing about it.

What exactly should his fellow students have done about this guy? Should they have reported his "anti-social behavior"? If so, to who?

Everyone knows people who are prone to bombastic pronouncements. Hell this board has several of them. Should the people who continue to complain about Douglas Drazen on this board be reported because their griping and complaining might somehow indicate a desire to do something terrible? When someone on here calls someone a foul name should they be reported for anti-social behavior?

In a free society people still have the right to be rude. Unless they make a direct threat, there is little anyone can do about them. I guess we could have the government set up a network of snoops and informers who would turn people in to say the Department of Homeland Security at the first sign of intemperate language or belligerence.

@

If someone comes at me with a knife and asks me how I feel about dying I am going to notify the authorities. Immediately.

Exactly how are you going to call the authorities? If someone is coming at you with a weapon of any kind do you really think they are going to stop long enough for you to make a phone call.

Must be another bleeding heart Liberal..

One professor does not decide on whether or not a dissertation will pass, however, an advisor can put someone on a sort of academic probation if their grades drop (in the social work program, it's called "Academic Advancement") or they have inappropriate academic behavior and they can also take you off of it.

@

Exactly how are you going to call the authorities? If someone is coming at you with a weapon of any kind do you really think they are going to stop long enough for you to make a phone call.

Must be another bleeding heart Liberal..

How about after the guy left the room? Duh?

Archived