Time Warner adds some HD channels

Guest Guest

I just returned my cable box - rather than 200+ channels of crap, now I only have 75.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
Too bad they are channels nobody watches. Maybe that's why they added them. A&E...I will accept.

I'm irritated that the new channels are all SDV (switched digital video). Meaning the only way to get the channels is to have a TWC cable box. This is due to the limitation of cable bandwidth, so the new HD channels are only using bacndwidth if you're watching it (switched on), and if you aren't watching it the bandwidth is not consumed (switched off). Current CableCARDs, which are about 1/3 the price of a cable box also cannot receive the newer channels because they are only unidirectional which means SDV is not compatible with them. So if you have multiple HDTVs and would like to watch the new channels you have to pay the outlandish monthly prices for multiple cable boxes (don't forget extra for each remote). This is why I've never been a big fan of satellite, because you had to have a set top box for every TV, now cable is no different!

Guest BC Voice of Reason
Does anyone know which new HD channels TWC just added?

795 UHD - Universal HD (HD Tier only)

817 AEHD - Arts & Entertainment HD (same as channel 38, but in HD)

819 DISHD - Discovery HD (same as channel 51, but in HD)

825 TLCHD - The Learning Channel HD (same as channel 52, but in HD)

831 APLHD - Animal Planet HD (same as channel 53, but in HD)

832 SCIHD - The Science Channel HD (same as channel 104, but in HD)

Guest Guest
TWC is the best!

Hey BTK, you been messing with that toke out back again? You can't be serious....can you?

If you are, maybe SIH can spare that Monkey on his back for a while. :lol::lol::lol:

Guest Guest
795 UHD - Universal HD (HD Tier only)

817 AEHD - Arts & Entertainment HD (same as channel 38, but in HD)

819 DISHD - Discovery HD (same as channel 51, but in HD)

825 TLCHD - The Learning Channel HD (same as channel 52, but in HD)

831 APLHD - Animal Planet HD (same as channel 53, but in HD)

832 SCIHD - The Science Channel HD (same as channel 104, but in HD)

This is why many will migrate to Direct TV. They chose the worst and least expensive channels to add.

Guest Guest
This is why many will migrate to Direct TV. They chose the worst and least expensive channels to add.

How about WBNG...where is that inHD.....both them and TWC are losers

Guest Guest
direct t.v. 80 hd channels,twc for losers

Direct says that finally our local channels are slated for Fall 2008. They are waiting to seal deals with the local channels to make this possible but Binghamton is finally on the list. You will see a substantial migration when the get the local channels. In my neighborhood, There are 16 families that will make the switch. We have all discussed it.

Guest Guest

what channels do you get with direct tv? the problem would be that i would lose my roadrunner, but i am thinking of getting out from under that DELETED Time Werner!

Guest Guest
what channels do you get with direct tv? the problem would be that i would lose my roadrunner, but i am thinking of getting out from under that whore Time Werner!

About double the amount TW offers and you can keep RR.

Guest Guest
what channels do you get with direct tv? the problem would be that i would lose my roadrunner, but i am thinking of getting out from under that whore Time Werner!

You absolutely sure you would lose Road Runner?

The lines are already to your house and through the building. It's not like TW is going to remove the lines. Seems to me you can kill the cable and keep the internet. Or at least should be able to.

Guest Guest

You won't lose your RR your rate might go up because you won't be in one of their packages anymore but that's all.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
You absolutely sure you would lose Road Runner?

The lines are already to your house and through the building. It's not like TW is going to remove the lines. Seems to me you can kill the cable and keep the internet. Or at least should be able to.

Yes, I can confirm you can keep RoadRunner and not be signed up for TimeWarner's cable television service. I called them about this when I was going to switch to DirecTV a few months ago.

Guest Guest

You can keep RR after you shut off the cable. I just changed to dish because the sound was so bad on the cable. After upgrading my sound system it was almost unbearable to listen to the cable stations. Sounds great with the dish and it's about the same price.

Guest Guest
You can keep RR after you shut off the cable. I just changed to dish because the sound was so bad on the cable. After upgrading my sound system it was almost unbearable to listen to the cable stations. Sounds great with the dish and it's about the same price.

When Verizon gets the FIOS system here, it will blow TWC and Direct TV out of the water. FIOS is the best system available on the market.

Archived