Smoking

Guest Wannabe

Ok, look what I came across in my news search today....

http://www.myfoxny.com/myfox/pages/News/De...mp;pageId=3.3.1

MyFoxNY.com -- What's a nicotine fiend to do? Cigarettes could soon cost $9 a pack in New York -- and there seem to be so few places where a smoker can indulge. Enter the electronic cigarette, the brainchild of an Arizona entrepreneur.

This guy is going to make a killing. I'm not sure if it would help you to quit, but it seems like it would go a long way toward it to me.

Guest Guest

We could all save a lot of money on taxes that pay for old people who suffer the devastating affects of smoking for decades if someone could market little nicotine syringes.

Just pop one in your arm, one every hour, get your fix and forego all the smoke and the multitude of toxins in the smoke. Sorta like the patch, only not a slow release.

Guest Guest
Quit for your kids and set a good example.

It's easier to quit when you do it for someone else and the rewards are enormous.

Generally speaking, people who attempt to stop taking addictive substances for other people or for reasons outside themselves rarely succeed.

The motivation that leads to success is most often internal and self-driven.

Guest Great Dreams
Those of you that have kicked it, how did you do it?

I've tried, and tried, it's evil.

Any help ???

First of all, stay away from non-smokers who nag you all the time. You're a target for them because you're are weak and they they wanna play the doctor who saved your life. And then you run into the smokers who just quit awhile back and they keep asking you how long it's been since you had a cigarette.

Be your own person, quit when you want to and don't be intimidated by others who smoke or don't smoke.

Number one, it's none of their f**kin business and number two if they continue to nag, their weak as hell, hoping you'll pull out a pack and offer them one.

But! If you run into a person who is a non-smoker and tries to brow beat you, make sure you always carry a pack and light up, even if you'd already stopped and make sure you blow it in their direction for sure. Don't be bullied and stop listening to the stories about their uncles who died or their fathers who died from smoking. Bull crap, everyone dies from something. I know person who does coke, but despises smokers :blink: I tell him to blow it out his A**.

I have saved $50 bucks a week for a long time and it adds up quick, if you save it like I do.

Try Chantix and forget the Bullies who don't smoke. Carry cigarettes with you and offer them one if they bring it up. It's a good laugh :lol:

Good luck and don't waist your time with the phone calls to New York State helpers line. Get Chantix.

Don't patch it,don't give your money to bogus seminars and don't stop for your kids,or your wife or girl friend or boy friend ;) Stop for you!

Guest Guest
First of all, stay away from non-smokers who nag you all the time. You're a target for them because you're are weak and they they wanna play the doctor who saved your life. And then you run into the smokers who just quit awhile back and they keep asking you how long it's been since you had a cigarette.

Be your own person, quit when you want to and don't be intimidated by others who smoke or don't smoke.

Number one, it's none of their f**kin business and number two if they continue to nag, their weak as hell, hoping you'll pull out a pack and offer them one.

But! If you run into a person who is a non-smoker and tries to brow beat you, make sure you always carry a pack and light up, even if you'd already stopped and make sure you blow it in their direction for sure. Don't be bullied and stop listening to the stories about their uncles who died or their fathers who died from smoking. Bull crap, everyone dies from something. I know person who does coke, but despises smokers :blink: I tell him to blow it out his A**.

I have saved $50 bucks a week for a long time and it adds up quick, if you save it like I do.

Try Chantix and forget the Bullies who don't smoke. Carry cigarettes with you and offer them one if they bring it up. It's a good laugh :lol:

Don't patch it,don't give your money to bogus seminars and don't stop for your kids,or your wife or girl friend or boy friend ;) Stop for you!

So let me see if I got this:

Your advice is to stop smoking and you offered suggestions. But if anyone says anything negative to the budding quitter, they should immediately light up out of spite????? Is that about right???

Yeah, that'll show 'em. I'm sure they'll have learned to stop the "bullying" as they watch your casket sink into the ground when you're 55.

I've been around smokers and non-smokers all my life, and never once have I ever witnessed a smoker getting brow beaten for smoking......well, except maybe a 15 year old by his Mom.

I hate smoking. Smoking killed my Dad at 63. I have never "brow beaten" a smoker. You must be hanging around with the most judgemental people on the planet.

"Yeah, be your own person. Smoke if you wanna, but here's some good ideas how to quit." Huh?????

A non-smoker is gonna hope someone will offer them one??? Huh????

My absolute favorite: Bull crap, everyone dies from something.

I guess I shouldn't worry about my kids playing on Route 81 or getting covered in asbestos dust. I should eat some PCB's then, because "everyone dies from something".

This is the lamest thing I've ever heard come out of a smoker's mouth. I won't even go into why this is the stupidest comment that anyone can make.

@

Archived