Smoking

Guest Wannabe

Guest Guest
Step One: quit whining about how hard it is.

Step Two: Stop smoking.

Step Three: enjoy the rest of your life.

Step four: find guest and string him upside down in a tree and shoot his DELETED with a bb gun until he pukes.

Step five: remove guest by cutting rope.

Step six: clean guest with garden hose.

Step seven: enjoy a tall glass of burbon.

I quit smoking when I found out that I was pregnant with my son. And started up again when I had him. Now, my boyfriend is on Chantix to try to quit. He went from 2 packs a day down to maybe 10 cigarettes a day. The only problem, he told me the other day, is that he doesn't WANT to quit. We talked about it again last night, with all the reports of cigarette prices going up because of taxes, and I told him that with the money that we spend on cigarettes, we could be making the payment on another car.

Guest Guest
Step One: quit whining about how hard it is.

Step Two: Stop smoking.

Step Three: enjoy the rest of your life.

Good list but I'd like to add prayer to it. That's how I quit.

Guest Guest
I quit smoking when I found out that I was pregnant with my son. And started up again when I had him. Now, my boyfriend is on Chantix to try to quit. He went from 2 packs a day down to maybe 10 cigarettes a day. The only problem, he told me the other day, is that he doesn't WANT to quit. We talked about it again last night, with all the reports of cigarette prices going up because of taxes, and I told him that with the money that we spend on cigarettes, we could be making the payment on another car.

Tell him to be careful with the Chantix, there are new warnings out about it, I dont know if you have seen them yet or not.

Guest Guest

I am a smoker. I really want to quit. I just heard that Dr. Kondrup (on Plaza Dr. in Vestal) does laser therapy to help people quit smoking, quit chewing tobacco, and to loose weight. He is a really good doctor. I plan to call myself to try this therapy. It is called Energie Laser Therapy Center, the phone # is 797-7755. Good luck.

Guest Guest
Step four: find guest and string him upside down in a tree and shoot his DELETED with a bb gun until he pukes.

Step five: remove guest by cutting rope.

Step six: clean guest with garden hose.

Step seven: enjoy a tall glass of burbon.

Excellent. Because everyone knows that a healthy dose of violence helps you quit.

Stop blaming everyone but yourself for your weaknesses. Or just keep smoking and die an early, costly, painful death.

Guest Guest
Excellent. Because everyone knows that a healthy dose of violence helps you quit.

Stop blaming everyone but yourself for your weaknesses. Or just keep smoking and die an early, costly, painful death.

Who is blaming who for what?

Who said I smoke?

Tell him to be careful with the Chantix, there are new warnings out about it, I dont know if you have seen them yet or not.

We just talked with the doctor the other day about it. So far, my boyfriend has been on Chantix for about six months and no problems. The only side effects is nausea if you don't take it with food.

When I quit, which was over 20 years ago, I went "cold turkey". You have to really want to quit before anything will work. I had to cut any phone conversations short because I would relate talking on the phone with having a cigarette. I also quit drinking coffee, because I found it too hard to drink coffee without really craving a cigarette. It was quite a challenge, but I was determined that I was stronger and had the will power to not let cigarettes rule or ruin my life. Today there are a lot of different options to help you quit, but it has to start with your own commitment and determination. I know of one person who put the money he would've spent on cigarettes in a separate account and that was a good incentive for him. He took that money after 1 year and went on vacation...Good luck.

We just talked with the doctor the other day about it. So far, my boyfriend has been on Chantix for about six months and no problems. The only side effects is nausea if you don't take it with food.

Celtic, I don't want to scare you but that guest is correct. Recently they have released some new disturbing news about Chantix.

Chantix or Champix, known also as Varenicline Tartrate, is a medication prescribed to patients seeking to end their smoking addiction. It does this by reducing cravings and decreasing the pleasurable effects of cigarettes and other tobacco products. Common side effects include nausea, headache, difficulty sleeping and abnormal dreams. It is estimated that there are 3 million Americans taking Chantix now, according to Pfizer. In November 2007, the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) began investigating reports of depression, agitation and suicidal behavior among patients taking the medicine, after they had received reports of 37 suicides and more than 400 of suicidal behaviors that might have been linked to Chantix. According to the FDA, a link between Chantix and serious psychiatric complications is becoming progressively probable.

Additionally, the drug may further worsen preexisting psychiatric illness or cause a recurrence of past issues. Pfizer contends that these episodes of irrational behavior have been caused by nicotine withdrawal, however, the FDA's findings stated that even those patients who had continued smoking had similar psychiatric episodes. Most recently, the FDA has been evaluating reports that in addition to erratic behavior in patients taking Chantix, suicidal thoughts, depression, and changes in the emotional state are present in many cases, setting in within days to weeks of beginning the treatment

Please make sure your doctor is aware of the newest studies on this drug and please, please report anything that seems abnormal to your doctor right away.

You can do a google search for chantix side effects and pull up numerous articles about the latest studies.

(and no, I am not saying your boyfriend has mental issues:) )

Guest Guest
Celtic, I don't want to scare you but that guest is correct. Recently they have released some new disturbing news about Chantix.

Please make sure your doctor is aware of the newest studies on this drug and please, please report anything that seems abnormal to your doctor right away.

You can do a google search for chantix side effects and pull up numerous articles about the latest studies.

(and no, I am not saying your boyfriend has mental issues:) )

I hear dat.

I had an exgirlfriend who went on Zoloft to soften up her rough emotional edges and it made her a total freakazoid. She started two timing me, picked a huge fight over nothing and left. Last I knew she was still bouncing around from man to man, so she must still be on the stuff.

I know a couple of folks who quit drinking when they quit smoking. I was told the two just seemed to go hand in hand.

Screw the meds, patches or gum. I quit cold turkey. It's not that difficult. And I was a 2 pack a day for 25 years smoker. You have to have your mind made up that you can do it. I kept a very dirty ash tray wrapped in a plastic bag. Anytime I felt the urge for a smoke I would pull out that ash tray. Just the nasty smell of that ash tray was enough to deter any urge I had to light up.

You will feel better for it. Not to mention you yourself will smell better.

@

I smoked 3 packs a day and quit cold turkey. Just remember, the cravings only last a few minutes and then will go away. Save you smoking money for a year and buy yourself something nice(or just count it and say HOLY %^&*!, I spent THAT much on smoking!!!!). The cravings get easier to handle and soon you won't have them at all.

Archived