Margaret

Frodo

I was very shy when I was a kid...still am. I covered it up by becoming the "class clown". Margaret lived up over the hill from me on the southside. She was a very pretty, but quiet girl, never sought company and stayed to herself for the most part. Being a wise guy, I asked her for a date to the basketball game Friday night and she gladly accepted. I never picked her up and went with my friends instead. I was introduced to her older brother Steven's hand the following Monday at school, when he slapped my face in front of everybody. He explained how I had broken his little sister's heart, it would have been Margaret's first date, and I devestated her. He said she stood in the window for an hour waiting for me, and finally went to her room in tears. Margaret and I went to school together for another year and a half and never spoke to each other again. I never had the guts to apologize to her. Margaret, if you're out there...I'm so, so sorry for the harm I did to you!

Guest Guest

Sleepless-that is such a nice story. Glad you are still kind & can regret mistakes from the past. You were young and didn't know better. Think of it this way, you gave her brother a wonderful opportunity to show his sister what he was made of-how much he loved her. You also prepared her for the reality of life, sometimes people hurt you but it isn't because you are lacking-it can be they are lacking.

I hope it's time to drop this "Frodo" alias, comments up until this one have been mean spirited at times and troll like which are not really amusing to those that don't know it's you.

You are better than those that post hurtful insults here for no reason other than to stir up trouble.

Be the man you are now, share your stories and you experiences and I am sure someone wonderful will come into your life soon!

Sleepless-that is such a nice story. Glad you are still kind & can regret mistakes from the past. You were young and didn't know better. Think of it this way, you gave her brother a wonderful opportunity to show his sister what he was made of-how much he loved her. You also prepared her for the reality of life, sometimes people hurt you but it isn't because you are lacking-it can be they are lacking.

I hope it's time to drop this "Frodo" alias, comments up until this one have been mean spirited at times and troll like which are not really amusing to those that don't know it's you.

You are better than those that post hurtful insults here for no reason other than to stir up trouble.

Be the man you are now, share your stories and you experiences and I am sure someone wonderful will come into your life soon!

Yeah, I'm looking out the window right now with a tear in my eye, much like Margaret did that Friday night so long ago! Kind of ironic, isn't it?

Guest Guest

Pollyanna lives.

@

Archived