A good gym?

Guest Guest-country girl-*

Everyone has their own preferences. I am all about free weights and treadmills. I like it there without all the cell phones and socializing on the equiptment. Also, I don't know what they charged you for, but I pay a straight $13 per month and not a penny more.

@

What is it like at Bally's? Is it as clean as CJ? They probably dont have as much do they?

Guest Guest
I find it strange that they don't give a deal for paying a year all at once.

My membership was up at a local gym recently. I went to the new CJ to check it out.

It looked great. Nice, new machines. I was there in the middle of the day, and there were very few people. Lots of machines not being used.

They told me the yearly cost. That was the end of that. I pay 43% of their annual fee where I'm at.

If they had indicated that they might be willing to negotiate, I might have considered it.

No one said a word.

Guest Guest

PF rocks-and there is not a $59 Annual Fee. It is $30 Annual fee, $15 per month for the white card, $39 Annual Fee, $19.99 per month for the black card. Tons of equipment and is immaculate. It is not a place for bodybuilders but if you are in the market for general fitness it cannot be beat.

Pallys is filthy and actually has mold growing.

@

What is it like at Bally's? Is it as clean as CJ? They probably dont have as much do they?

It is not a fancy or trendy place. I will acknowledge the fact that some parts of the building are in need of repair/remodelling. They do, however, have lots of fitness classes, lots of equiptment, friendly staff, free childcare, and are in a good location. Keep in mind that the reduced monthly rate is not what you start out with, you have a startup cost and then pay around $30 per month until you fullfill your contract and then get the lower monthly rate for life. The other good thing is that there are alot of Bally's around and your membership is good for all of them so if you move or go on vacation you are still covered.

Thanks for the info, I think I will try CJ for the six month program that they offer but I will still go and look at other places. Do any other gyms have an indoor track, basketball, raquet ball, etc? I am interested in using those as well as cardio and weights. I could care less about the pool to be honest.

@

Guest Guest
Thanks for the info, I think I will try CJ for the six month program that they offer but I will still go and look at other places. Do any other gyms have an indoor track, basketball, raquet ball, etc? I am interested in using those as well as cardio and weights. I could care less about the pool to be honest.

CJAC is definitely your best bet, unless you want to build your own gymnasium :blink:

CJAC is definitely your best bet, unless you want to build your own gymnasium :blink:

I think you are right. My own gym would be nice though. :)

@

Guest Guest
My membership was up at a local gym recently. I went to the new CJ to check it out.

It looked great. Nice, new machines. I was there in the middle of the day, and there were very few people. Lots of machines not being used.

They told me the yearly cost. That was the end of that. I pay 43% of their annual fee where I'm at.

If they had indicated that they might be willing to negotiate, I might have considered it.

No one said a word.

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure if you talked to Lindsey she would've worked something out for you.

Guest Guest
Sorry to hear that. I'm sure if you talked to Lindsey she would've worked something out for you.

No one introduced themself at all.

I got a quick walk through and a price sheet.

I really wanted to join, but I couldn't reconcile the price jump from where I'm at now. Even with spending more on gas going where I go, it's still cheaper.

Guest Guest

Court Jester

with a student ID is 37 $ a month and is worth it

and 50 something without one

fantastic environment and equipment!

@

Archived