A good gym?

Guest Guest-country girl-*

Sorry, I think this subject was on here before but I am not sure....I want to join a gym, any helpful info? I went into Court Jester to look around and I really liked everything that they have there, does anybody go there that can give me info on whether they like it there?

Guest Court Jester East
Sorry, I think this subject was on here before but I am not sure....I want to join a gym, any helpful info? I went into Court Jester to look around and I really liked everything that they have there, does anybody go there that can give me info on whether they like it there?

Mainly college students and older high school students go there this time of year. When the weather gets nice less people go. Can get crowded between the hours of 3 and 6 on weekdays and hardly anyone there on the weekends. It's a state of the art facility. Not exactly sure what your needs are, but they do have aerobic trainers and workouts, plenty of cardio equip. and much space. I think you would love it. The people are pretty nice, but you'll run into a couple of super ego's here and there just like any gym. Hope this was helpful!

Mainly college students and older high school students go there this time of year. When the weather gets nice less people go. Can get crowded between the hours of 3 and 6 on weekdays and hardly anyone there on the weekends. It's a state of the art facility. Not exactly sure what your needs are, but they do have aerobic trainers and workouts, plenty of cardio equip. and much space. I think you would love it. The people are pretty nice, but you'll run into a couple of super ego's here and there just like any gym. Hope this was helpful!

Yes, it was, thanks. I went in the one in J.C. When I went, it was more people my age and older, which is nice. The cardio, weights, and indoor track are my main interests.

Guest Guest

CJAC is by far one of the best clubs in the area. I have been in health clubs and spas from Manchester, Vermont to Buena Vista, Fla and those far more expensive facilities have nothing on court jester. I agree that you might have to deal with some egos.... pumped up muscle heads, prima donas and county slurpees, but during the day the place is empty and excellent, even the hot tub is clean.... during the day. By pm, there have been alot of chubsters in and the water may be questionable, no matter how much chloring they put in.

The best inexpensive fitness facility is Rexer's Karate and Fitness Academy. You can't beat the $100/yr special. Some of the equipment maybe a little outdated, but the important stuff... cardio, free weights, smith machine, cables are all great. Also no one during the day, but pm can get busy.

Guest Guest

CJAC is by far one of the best clubs in the area. I have been in health clubs and spas from Manchester, Vermont to Buena Vista, Fla and those far more expensive facilities have nothing on court jester. I agree that you might have to deal with some egos.... pumped up muscle heads, prima donas and county slurpees, but during the day the place is empty and excellent, even the hot tub is clean.... during the day. By pm, there have been alot of chubsters in and the water may be questionable, no matter how much chloring they put in.

The best inexpensive fitness facility is Rexer's Karate and Fitness Academy. You can't beat the $100/yr special. Some of the equipment maybe a little outdated, but the important stuff... cardio, free weights, smith machine, cables are all great. Also no one during the day, but pm can get busy.

@

Guest mulligan

Planet fitness is the BEST!! They have pizza night the first monday of the month and bagel morning the first tuesday of the month!!!

Guest Guest
Planet fitness is the BEST!! They have pizza night the first monday of the month and bagel morning the first tuesday of the month!!!

PLanet Fitness is going downhill fast. It's cheap, but very crowded. Keep in mind they say it cost $10 a month, but you have to take into account $59 annual membership fee.

The gym, located off the Vestal Parkway, is fine if you don't need equipment like bench presses or room to lift weights. But frankly weight lifting should be a component in more people's exercise regimes. The gym doesn't offer many extras either. No towels. No classes. You can pay $10 extra a month to tax and sit in a massage chair.

If you join a gym for free pizza, you really should consider why you're going to the gym in the first place.

Nope, went to look at Planet and did not even bother to go in, it was very crowded and way too many SUNY students. Thanks anyway.

@

Guest Guest
I look for a gym with the best looking women. I go to planet fitness. Lots of tight bodies in skinpy clothes.

Apparently never been to Court Jester East then, have you?

Guest guest
im a freshman at bcc and i just started going to court jester

i love it

a little expensive, but definitely worth it

@

How much is it?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

It is not bad considering it has a lot more to offer compared to other places, I think it is worth it!!

Guest Guest
http://www.courtjesterac.com/

What other gym around here is better than this or has more than this? It averages out to around $36 a month.

that's an insane amount of money to spend. the road is free, get out and go running

or go to a cheaper gym so you can afford a trainer if you are truly that lazy

Then again, a fool and his money are soon parted

I looked at CJAC awhile back and decided that it wasn't worth it to me. The gym I go to now (Bally's) has the free childcare, all the weightlifting options you could need, and enough treadmills and elliptical machines that I have never in four years had to wait for one. I am on the advanced membership plan and pay $13 per month.

Guest Guest
I looked at CJAC awhile back and decided that it wasn't worth it to me. The gym I go to now (Bally's) has the free childcare, all the weightlifting options you could need, and enough treadmills and elliptical machines that I have never in four years had to wait for one. I am on the advanced membership plan and pay $13 per month.

I left Bally's cause they kept hitting me with all these stupid hidden fees. All in all you pay probably about the same at Bally's that you would at CJAC because of the petty initial costs.

Guest Guest
Out of curiosity, what kind of "hidden fees" can a gym hit you with?

I've never heard of that.

They told me the first day that I'd pay a flat fee of $$$ (during my free week trial). After the week was up I payed for a month and then was told I owe so much more for a commitment fee or some DELETED (not so much a hidden fee, but an extra significant cost they neglected to tell me about). That's when I said DELETED I'm going elsewhere.

Guest sammy

I went to Baileys for years and finally quit - its often hard to find circuit equipment that isn't broken, and it takes months for it to get fixed. Their cardio machines are in terrible shape, and during the summer, their AC system is more often broken then not, so the gym becomes so sweltering that it is impossible to use, since they don't have any fans or anything to make it tolerable.

It used to not be so bad when it was the previous company (Golds, I think) but it has really went downhill- their front desk staff and trainers turn over so fast its unreal.

And their hours are very limited too boot - and half the time I would show up in the morning at opening - and no one would be there!

I gave up and joined Planet Fitness, and I am so glad I did - its inexpensive, and the staff is friendly, and yes, its busy, but they have more then enough machines to handle the crowd. And so what if there are students there? Its not like they have cooties!

I went to Baileys for years and finally quit - its often hard to find circuit equipment that isn't broken, and it takes months for it to get fixed. Their cardio machines are in terrible shape, and during the summer, their AC system is more often broken then not, so the gym becomes so sweltering that it is impossible to use, since they don't have any fans or anything to make it tolerable.

It used to not be so bad when it was the previous company (Golds, I think) but it has really went downhill- their front desk staff and trainers turn over so fast its unreal.

And their hours are very limited too boot - and half the time I would show up in the morning at opening - and no one would be there!

I gave up and joined Planet Fitness, and I am so glad I did - its inexpensive, and the staff is friendly, and yes, its busy, but they have more then enough machines to handle the crowd. And so what if there are students there? Its not like they have cooties!

Everyone has their own preferences. I am all about free weights and treadmills. I like it there without all the cell phones and socializing on the equiptment. Also, I don't know what they charged you for, but I pay a straight $13 per month and not a penny more.

@

Archived