Stopping for a Stopped School Bus

Guest guest

Guest guest

Are you people stupid....when you see a school bus with its RED RIGHTS AND STOP SIGN OUT dont you think that maybe just maybe YOU SHOULD STOP!!!!! I see all the time people going through or going around a school bus with kids getting on and off of it just because their way to DELETED inpatient to wait the extra 30seconds of their life to let th kids cross the street. All i can say is that if it was your kids going across the street then you bet your DELETED that you would stop and let them off but the ones i see doing it the most are teenagers (Men and Women) and those DELETED who think their car having holes in it with the muffler bigger than DELETED is the hot stuff...and when you with that honda rev your engines...all that means is that you have a small I AM THE AUTHOR OF THIS POST AND I AM GAY!!!

Guest Guest

i stop each and every time because i am supposed to, it's the law. the thing that gets to me is when these bus drivers stop, open the doors and start talking to the mothers of the children about how good little Jimmy was on the bus today. talk on your own time bus driver. and to those mothers, get over it already. how many times a day to you have to have your motherly instincts renforced, even by a low life school bus driver. and yes, most school bus drivers are low life trailer dwellers.

onondaga co. (syracuse) has begun using a decoy school bus for just this reason. this bus will randomly drive different routes at normal school bus times and with video equipment document offenders. i believe there will be local law enforcement nearby to immediately ticket those that do not yield the red flashing lights.

Guest Guest
most school bus drivers are low life trailer dwellers.

They also do not obey the law of the road. Just sit on Upper Court Street by Jack S Toyota and watch how they run the stop sign when making a right onto court. Then follow them down court towards tompkins bridge to make a left and watch how they will run the RED LIGHT or take and block both lanes so the vehicles behind them can not even go streight or make a right.

Got my Cam with me today and am mounting it to the dash and following them....video's don't lie. There are kids on those them dare bus's and these drivers need to remember that.

onondaga co. (syracuse) has begun using a decoy school bus for just this reason. this bus will randomly drive different routes at normal school bus times and with video equipment document offenders. i believe there will be local law enforcement nearby to immediately ticket those that do not yield the red flashing lights.

The press almost got this one right! It isn't a decoy, but it is equipped with a license plate reader. The idea is pictures won't lie.

01lprbus.jpg

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- The Syracuse City School District unveiled new technology to improve bus safety. One bus in the district will be equipped with a license plate reader.

Thanks to a grant from the Governor's Traffic Safety Committee and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the plate reader will identify and apprehend drivers who illegally pass buses.

i stop each and every time because i am supposed to, it's the law. the thing that gets to me is when these bus drivers stop, open the doors and start talking to the mothers of the children about how good little Jimmy was on the bus today. talk on your own time bus driver. and to those mothers, get over it already. how many times a day to you have to have your motherly instincts renforced, even by a low life school bus driver. and yes, most school bus drivers are low life trailer dwellers.

My mother was a school bus driver for a long time BECAUSE SHE LOVES KIDS!!!!!!! My parents own the house they live in,You really shouldnt judge a book by it's cover

And it is the drivers job to UPDATE the parents on a childs actions on the bus

The press almost got this one right! It isn't a decoy, but it is equipped with a license plate reader. The idea is pictures won't lie.

01lprbus.jpg

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- The Syracuse City School District unveiled new technology to improve bus safety. One bus in the district will be equipped with a license plate reader.

Thanks to a grant from the Governor's Traffic Safety Committee and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the plate reader will identify and apprehend drivers who illegally pass buses.

thanks for the clrification. i work in cortland so alot of the news that i here during the day is from syr. i was told by a coworker that it was going to be a decoy so that multiple routes could be covered using the same equipment. not that i want to stick up for the press or anything! but that wasn't my source.

Guest Guest

I followed a school bus all the way down Clinton Street this morning. It's left turn signal was on the entire time. How could the driver not notice?

You beat me to the punch. I like you always stop for the school buses. What idiot would not. Sometimes I have had to wait while the driver or the assistant has a rather long chat with the mothers or fathers, almost daring a person to go around them. I just might start leaning on my horn next time they do that to me again. Two minutes should be ample time to move a few children across a street. I have no proplem with the drivers etc. but the chatting is being ignorant.

Guest Guest
My mother was a school bus driver for a long time BECAUSE SHE LOVES KIDS!!!!!!! My parents own the house they live in,You really shouldnt judge a book by it's cover

And it is the drivers job to UPDATE the parents on a childs actions on the bus

Than tell them to write them a freaken note or call a conference. They don't need to stop traffic when there are no kids crossing. Turn off the lights,pull back the stop sign . Sit there all day if you want, but don't hold up traffic.

Than tell them to write them a freaken note or call a conference. They don't need to stop traffic when there are no kids crossing. Turn off the lights,pull back the stop sign . Sit there all day if you want, but don't hold up traffic.

In my area the kids get driveway to driveway service. They will stop the bus at each house, even if it's next door to the last stop. This is not on a real busy street. What ever happened to everyone meeting at the corner to be picked up?

Guest Guest
In my area the kids get driveway to driveway service. They will stop the bus at each house, even if it's next door to the last stop. This is not on a real busy street. What ever happened to everyone meeting at the corner to be picked up?

New York State sets maximum distances beyond which, the students must be bussed. It varies by grade. However, the school district by a vote of registered voters can decide to reduce the distances all the way to zero.

Guest Guest

When my kids were younger the stop changed based on the age of the children If there was a kid in kindergarten thats where the bus stop was. It changed from year to year. Kids now are lazy and just plain rude Many wont even go outside to wait they wait till the bus pulls up before they go out I hate it when the bus driver stops puts on the flashers and waits for the kids to come out I say if they cant be out waiting, then their parents can take them to school.

Archived