Sirius Radio

The West Sider

Any opinions? Likes/Dislikes?

TWS

I have had it for just under a year now. I am overall pleased with it. My only complaint is that they removed The Tony Bruno Show from channel 123. That was one of the reasons I went with Sirius instead XM. Football is the other.

I have XM and like that very much.

I've heard that Sirius and XM are trying to merge, but there are monopoly questions being raised and apparently that is holding up the merge.

I wonder if a merge would jack up the price??

I've heard that Sirius and XM are trying to merge, but there are monopoly questions being raised and apparently that is holding up the merge.

The other question would be: Are you going to get the services that both Sirius and XM offer. For example: Baseball and Football, you know that type of stuff.

Guest sirius listener

I've had sirius since christmas and love it. As an avid fan of punk rock it provides a source of great music that would cost a small fortune to duplicate. It allows me to listen to songs I grew up with, along with a way to discover new bands. I imagine that fans of other specific genres have the same benefits.

The other question would be: Are you going to get the services that both Sirius and XM offer. For example: Baseball and Football, you know that type of stuff.

I would think that maybe with similar music channels one might be replaced by another. But I would assume if one channel offered baseball and the other football that they would then offer both.

@

Guest Guest
Same with my husband and I. I had XM and he has Sirius. We loved Sirius so much better. There is a better selection of music I think.

I second this opinion. I have both. XM was installed in my car before I bought it. Sirius is on my desk at work. The programming is better on Sirius. The XM's antenna reception in the car is horrendous.

If the merge ever does go thru, I don't think you'll get the combination of programming. I heard the two technologies used are totally different.

My vote: Go with Sirius.

Guest Guest

apparently, you don't read the newspaper. the merger was approved by the goverment last week. no the price will not go up and you will have access to both play lists.

I bought a car that had XM and loved the fact that you could listen to MLB anywhere in the USA. Just traded that car for a new one that has Sirius. The music choices are better, reception is significantly better and I hate to admit, I've become a Howard Stern fan.

I look forward to the merger which hopefully will combine everything.

Guest Guest
Any opinions? Likes/Dislikes?

TWS

I am considering one of them. Since we don't have a Top 40 station in town. If you can't get what you want from local radio, this is the way to go.

Guest Guest

i have owned 3 sirius radios for about 4 years now. I love it!!! It is worth the cost....and if you pay attention you can add additional radios for 1/2 price most of the time. Buy it you wont regret it! Howard stern is great also!

Guest Guest
apparently, you don't read the newspaper. the merger was approved by the goverment last week. no the price will not go up and you will have access to both play lists.

Apparently, you don't read everything in the newspaper either. Approval was given by the Dept of Justice. The FCC still has not approved the merger.

If and when the merger is approved, a new receiver will be needed to get the combined broadcasts. At some point the new SIRIUS will offer a basic service for a reduced price with additional charges for add-ons such as NFL, MLB, Howard Stern, and NASCAR. Both Sirius and XM receivers will continue to receive

their present individual programming but not both..

Guest Guest

I prefer XM, but I seem to be very much in the minority here, surprisingly. In general, XM has deeper (less repetitive) playlists, which to me is important if you listen a lot. I do like the jazz on Sirius a little bit more, though, so XM isn't perfect!

Guest Guest

The merger does still need to be approved by the FCC.

XM and Sirius have announced the initial packages and prices if the merger is approved. See http://www.xmmerger.com/site/page/a_la_carte. To net that out a little, for either XM or Sirius, if you keep your current receiver, you have the following options (ignoring the family-friendly ones):

• The "Everything" package (the same as you get today) for $12.95.
  • The "Everything" package plus about ten best-of channels from the other service (still to be determined) for $16.99. The price difference on that one is kind of steep, if you ask me.
  • A mostly-music package for $9.99
  • A mostly-news/sports/talk package for $9.99.

The other options will require a new receiver.

Guest Guest

Sirius and XM both offer free trials of their online versions (which have many but not all of their channels). Try it yourself for a few days and see if you like it.

Guest Guest

Sirius and XM are combining because neither can stay afloat by themselves. This is because they are soon to be obsolete. Within 5 years, you'll be pulling that content off the internet that goes to your cell phone.

@

Archived