Belknap Lumber

Big Brother

I am looking to do some home improvements this spring/summer. I got burned a few years ago by Lowes and an incompetent salesperson. I got a door that I did not want because all the other doors my wife and I liked we were told we could not get. We found out later that the salesperson was fired because he did not know what he was doing.

I have heard Belknap Lumber is pretty good. Anyone have an opinion either way?

Guest guest
I think you may be telling a tale about Lowes but Belknap has a stellar reputation youll just need to spend more

@

Good people, I have been buying material there for 20 years.

Guest Belknap Kitchen

We have done two kitchens with Belknap in the past 5 years (two different homes). We were happy with the salesperson and the quality of the cabinets (Brookhaven). The second time we went to both Lowes and Home Depot just to check prices, and we found that their top of the line cabinets did not offer all of the options that we wanted and the price was only about $1000 less. When you are talking about a whole kitchen remodel that is not a huge price difference. We went with Belknap and used a contracter that they recommended and were extremely pleased. In fact, since our kitchen was completed he has done work for two friends of ours as well. I highly recommend Belknap, at least for kitchens.

Guest construction worker
I am looking to do some home improvements this spring/summer. I got burned a few years ago by Lowes and an incompetent salesperson. I got a door that I did not want because all the other doors my wife and I liked we were told we could not get. We found out later that the salesperson was fired because he did not know what he was doing.

I have heard Belknap Lumber is pretty good. Anyone have an opinion either way?

you get what you pay for...

I have bought a lot of material from Belknap...NEVER had a problem with anything..

VERY smart and know exactly what you would need that you may have forgot

good luck

Guest Barry Goldawter

Belknap rocks!!!! They are much better than Lowes/Home depot because they are a real lumber yard and are local to boot!! I would go there anytime.

@

I think you may be telling a tale about Lowes but Belknap has a stellar reputation youll just need to spend more

@

Actually it is not a tale. It seemed every door we would pick out, he would tell us that we could not get it because our door was a larger door. Other than that door problem, I have had no problems with Lowes.

Thanks to all for your responses.

Guest Guest
We have done two kitchens with Belknap in the past 5 years (two different homes). We were happy with the salesperson and the quality of the cabinets (Brookhaven). The second time we went to both Lowes and Home Depot just to check prices, and we found that their top of the line cabinets did not offer all of the options that we wanted and the price was only about $1000 less. When you are talking about a whole kitchen remodel that is not a huge price difference. We went with Belknap and used a contracter that they recommended and were extremely pleased. In fact, since our kitchen was completed he has done work for two friends of ours as well. I highly recommend Belknap, at least for kitchens.

Yeah, if you could ever get a salesperson to call you back. I actually had a meeting with someone and she never followed up, even though I left two messages for her. I REFUSE to beg someone to be their customer.

@

Never had a problem at Belknap's. Another place you might want to look at is Foland's on Old Front in Binghamton. Both are excellent.

TWS

@

OK, Thanks TWS I will take a look.

Guest Guest

I love Belknap. I needed a part for an old Anderson sliding patio door, which must be 40 years old. Did not know the name of the part. The counter guy went through countless catalogs with me, until we found what I needed. Probably spent an hour or more - for a $5 sale!

When we needed Trex, etc for a deck, back to Belknap!

@

Archived