Deadbeat Dads

Guest FogHorn LegHorn

Guest Guest
I see so many loser guys who don't take care of their offspring in this area. It makes me sick.

Just like any area. Also lots of deadbeat moms who dont take care of their kids.

@

before everbody gets pounding on the dads,(im a woman) there are plenty of deadbeat, alcoholic, drug addicted, moms in this world also!

alot of them ARE using the system too, whether its welfare, rehab, even jail believe it or not.

Guest whatever

Honestly i know of more dead beat mom's than dad's. I think its becoming a trend for young mothers - they think they are gonna have a baby and everything is just going to be exactly the way it was b/4. So after they have the baby instead of taking care of it they go out and party! Lots of them still drink and do drugs while they are pregnant as well. I find it disgusting.

Guest Guest
I see so many loser guys who don't take care of their offspring in this area. It makes me sick.

Let me guess... youre either a dumped ex who has to adjust your standard of living or a spoiled brat who thinks support includes what everthey want.

Just like any area. Also lots of deadbeat moms who dont take care of their kids.

@

I totaly agree. I'm the step-mother to two children that have a dead beat mother. She visits when she feels like it, she only pays support IF she's living in NY, in the last 4 years she has made it to a total of 5 games for the kids (total, not each child) and 1 meeting for a special event for one child. Her support consist of $30.00 a week for two and she thinks that is way too high. (My ex pays $46.00 a week for 1 and he buys alot of extras for our son and all school clothes.)

But the hardest thing is watching their faces when she doesn't show up for visits, doesn't bother calling to let them know, promices them something and then whatever it is doesn't happen. BUT the best part of her being like this is not seeing her for a couple of weeks, not being able to get ahold of her by phone, either at home or work, calling her work and they say she hasn't been in for weeks, her friends haven't seen her, so we file a missing persons on her only to find out, she moved out of state and forgot to tell anyone. That has happened twice.

before everbody gets pounding on the dads,(im a woman) there are plenty of deadbeat, alcoholic, drug addicted, moms in this world also!

alot of them ARE using the system too, whether its welfare, rehab, even jail believe it or not.

I am a single parent of 2 young girls. And I have never seen a Fing DIME from their mother. Plus the court system is so screwed up that I am being sued by medicate because their mother was on it when she was pregnant. Even though I solely take care of them they are only asking ME for the reimbursement of 100% of the cost. Their mother is liable for 0%. Sound fair to you?

Guest Guest-Bobby Baja-*
I am a single parent of 2 young girls. And I have never seen a Fing DIME from their mother. Plus the court system is so screwed up that I am being sued by medicate because their mother was on it when she was pregnant. Even though I solely take care of them they are only asking ME for the reimbursement of 100% of the cost. Their mother is liable for 0%. Sound fair to you?

You picked her. Next time think with your other head.

That is nuts. My brother had the same thing happen to him too. He has always lived with the mother and he's the only one who worked, so he had to pay back to medicaid too. It should be 50/50, but it's nt. The system is way too screwed up.

Guest Guest
I agree, the court should be sued be all the dads they've screwed over!

Guest jimmy crack

get yourself a better lawyer :blink:

Guest Guest

Well I MADE my ex wife pay support - and as a matter of fact the courts made her get off her duff and welfare and go get a job to support her son and daughter. She spent a total of a little over 8 months at different times for non support in the county jail.

OH YEA -- I MADE SURE SHE PAID -- IT WAS FOR HER CHILDREN even if she did not want to visit or have anything to do with them. All support money was put into trust funds so when the children turn 18 and was a high school grad, they had money to help with extra's if then went on to college. If not they had to wait until 25 to get the money. That's how I set it up.

Both went to college and both have great jobs. Yep, I did the right thing ! ! ! !!

Well I MADE my ex wife pay support - and as a matter of fact the courts made her get off her duff and welfare and go get a job to support her son and daughter. She spent a total of a little over 8 months at different times for non support in the county jail.

OH YEA -- I MADE SURE SHE PAID -- IT WAS FOR HER CHILDREN even if she did not want to visit or have anything to do with them. All support money was put into trust funds so when the children turn 18 and was a high school grad, they had money to help with extra's if then went on to college. If not they had to wait until 25 to get the money. That's how I set it up.

Both went to college and both have great jobs. Yep, I did the right thing ! ! ! !!

The judge keeps threatening to send my Husbands EX to jail for non-payment & visitation violations. She's never seen the outside of the jail never mind the inside. Your good dad. Keep up the good work.

@

Guest Guest
That's pretty much the way it works. They go after the one with the money just like you would. What do you think would happen if they tried to get anything out of her? I'm beginning to think that little pic you play at the end of your posts is pretty close to life for you.

@

Guest Guest
But the hardest thing is watching their faces when she doesn't show up for visits, doesn't bother calling to let them know, promices them something and then whatever it is doesn't happen. BUT the best part of her being like this is not seeing her for a couple of weeks, not being able to get ahold of her by phone, either at home or work, calling her work and they say she hasn't been in for weeks, her friends haven't seen her, so we file a missing persons on her only to find out, she moved out of state and forgot to tell anyone. That has happened twice.

I would say that counselling is in order for the kids. I know that my advice doesn't mean much to a stranger but the above happened to my husband as a child and he's totally messed up because of it. I've heard stories from his dad & grandmother about how he used to sit on the steps outside and wait and wait and wait for his mom to arrive and she never did even after promising and several calls to her where she'd say "I'm on my way right now". The hurt he still feels as an adult is something that you can not even imagine.

I would say that counselling is in order for the kids. I know that my advice doesn't mean much to a stranger but the above happened to my husband as a child and he's totally messed up because of it. I've heard stories from his dad & grandmother about how he used to sit on the steps outside and wait and wait and wait for his mom to arrive and she never did even after promising and several calls to her where she'd say "I'm on my way right now". The hurt he still feels as an adult is something that you can not even imagine.

They have both been in counselling for 5 years. DH started it when he got custody. It helps, but what would help them more is having there real mother and not just a step-mother.

@

Archived