Fire in JC

Guest Rookie

Guest Lucky

Fire was right by where I work - the warehouse is the old candy factory - I think maybe an auto repair was doing business out of there. I watched it for a few minutes - it was some nasty smelling smoke/fumes coming out of there

@

Guest Reddi Kilowatt

It was the old candy factory used now to store cars in. Aparently (according to the news), they were trying to start a car that sat all winter in there, and they heard a pop, and all of a sudden, the engine compartment caught on fire. They tried to put it out, but it spread quickly. The news didn't say how much damage was done, but they said more on the news at 11.

@

Guest Guest

Yes, you guys pat your own backs! did i not hear many of the fireman had to leave the building because it was "hot". quote from the chief. have you ever seen a cool fire? they (you) looked like the keystone cops once again. they are a laughing stock of JC. and dont bother with the meetings for the public so we can see how much you dont do. we know how to read the paper, play cards, etc. Kiss your pensions goodbye. you will have to get a readl job soon and it is your own faults!!!!

Guest Guest

It was the old candy factory used now to store cars in. Aparently (according to the news), they were trying to start a car that sat all winter in there, and they heard a pop, and all of a sudden, the engine compartment caught on fire. They tried to put it out, but it spread quickly. The news didn't say how much damage was done, but they said more on the news at 11.

tried to put out an engine fire with water duh...

Yes, you guys pat your own backs! did i not hear many of the fireman had to leave the building because it was "hot". quote from the chief. have you ever seen a cool fire? they (you) looked like the keystone cops once again. they are a laughing stock of JC. and dont bother with the meetings for the public so we can see how much you dont do. we know how to read the paper, play cards, etc. Kiss your pensions goodbye. you will have to get a readl job soon and it is your own faults!!!!

Ya know, its ungratful people like you who give the rest of us a bad name. There are different types of fires that burn different. Yes, there are fires that are "hotter" than others, depends on whats burning. Here's a suggestion, if your house, car, garage, barn, whatever catches fire, make sure you don't call the "Keystone Cops" or the fire department, their to stupid to help you. Maybe you can pee is out. And if they weren't at the station "reading the paper, playing cards, etc" just imagine how much longer it would take them to get to the fire and how much more extensive the damage would be.

Lay off ALL Firemen - they are true heros and lifesavers.

What do you do for a living, oh, get on BCVoice and condemn everyone and collect your welfare checks.

@

Guest Guest

I hate to disappoint you but i make more money than you will ever have.

Keep defending your husband. He will soon be on welfare when the people of JC wake up and get rid of their lazy butts.

I hate to disappoint you but i make more money than you will ever have.

Keep defending your husband. He will soon be on welfare when the people of JC wake up and get rid of their lazy butts.

Well, hate to disappoint you, my husband is NOT a fireman and we don't even live in New York. I just get tired of people slamming the very same people that you might have to someday turn to for help. Boy oh boy, if you need them I'm sure you wouldn't be saying they were lazy and no good then would you? If you need to slam on people, stay away from our public servants, slam the welfarers, drug dealers and scums begging on the streets in downtown Binghamton who won't work. Leave the "good guys" alone.

Guest Guest

OMG! back to the firemen defending themselves.

Lets mjust face something. If they went to a fire, did their job in a professional manner.

Without 10 firemen getting hurt or complaining maybe no one would post about you.

The problem being they are incompetant fools at a fire.

A little less time eating and more training and maybe things would be better for everyone.

Lets mjust face something. If they went to a fire, did their job in a professional manner.

Without 10 firemen getting hurt or complaining maybe no one would post about you.

A little less time eating and more training and maybe things would be better for everyone.

Again, I am not a fireman

If they are so bad, maybe you should go out and become one and make it all better.

Guest Guest

I don't remmber reading about anyone of them getting hurt. Now your just being foolish.

DELETED

Guest pete kchar

My neighbors and I were talking the other day about the Village being dissolved and what the benefits might be without services.

The way you post about the Fire Dept makes it sound like you simply want them on the unemployment line. Thank you, we made our decision, we are now going to vote NOT to dissolve.

No I do not work for the Village simply a tax payer. Are you?

Guest Guest
Ya know, its ungratful people like you who give the rest of us a bad name. There are different types of fires that burn different. Yes, there are fires that are "hotter" than others, depends on whats burning. Here's a suggestion, if your house, car, garage, barn, whatever catches fire, make sure you don't call the "Keystone Cops" or the fire department, their to stupid to help you. Maybe you can pee is out. And if they weren't at the station "reading the paper, playing cards, etc" just imagine how much longer it would take them to get to the fire and how much more extensive the damage would be.

Lay off ALL Firemen - they are true heros and lifesavers.

What do you do for a living, oh, get on BCVoice and condemn everyone and collect your welfare checks.

@

No true heroes help people without getting paid. They are just doing their job. And yes I am a taxpayer.

@

Archived