CV $3 million deficit

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
Ok.. I am a Freshman at Chenango Valley High School. VOTE YES PEOPLE! Like someone said earlier. I dont want to suffer. They are already startnig to cut athletics. This is redicoulous. Are people really that selfish they cant pay a couple hundred dollars more a year? Most of the people in CV are NOT poor. Considering almost half the no votes are the Elderly. Your children, or your neices and nephews, or your grandkids, or even your friends wont have fun in there High School career. Thats pathetic...

It looks like our tax dollars are being wasted on your education.

Ok.. I am a Freshman at Chenango Valley High School. VOTE YES PEOPLE! Like someone said earlier. I dont want to suffer. They are already startnig to cut athletics. This is redicoulous. Are people really that selfish they cant pay a couple hundred dollars more a year? Most of the people in CV are NOT poor. Considering almost half the no votes are the Elderly. Your children, or your neices and nephews, or your grandkids, or even your friends wont have fun in there High School career. Thats pathetic...

Perhaps you should focus less on athletics, and more on academics and learning the English language.

@

Guest Guest
Perhaps you should focus less on athletics, and more on academics and learning English language.

@

So I take it you agree that our tax dollars are being wasted on that student?

Guest Guest

Why don't you ask your school administration why they choose to cut athletics instead of the 50 assistant superintendents they have?

This is a standard ploy to make cuts that hurt people instead of cuts where they are needed.

They obviously aren't giving you that great of an education if you don't see that.

Guest Guest

Has anyone ever talked to this Carmen Ciullo?

This guy is a total weakling who had NO control over his subordinates or his district.

How on earth can this guy keep his job?

Guest Guest
Why don't you ask your school administration why they choose to cut athletics instead of the 50 assistant superintendents they have?

This is a standard ploy to make cuts that hurt people instead of cuts where they are needed.

They obviously aren't giving you that great of an education if you don't see that.

Chenango Valley has one assisstant superintendent.

Guest Guest

All the schools systems are legally stealing from the tax payers all they need to do is cry "its for the kids" and they get all the money they want. Then they give themselves big fat pay raises and retirement benefits. In the last two years my healt insurance has risen to 485.00 per month but my pension which i put money into hasent. The school system is a sham!

combine them all into a central system with one district and see how much you will save.

@

Guest Guest
All the schools systems are legally stealing from the tax payers all they need to do is cry "its for the kids" and they get all the money they want. Then they give themselves big fat pay raises and retirement benefits. In the last two years my healt insurance has risen to 485.00 per month but my pension which i put money into hasent. The school system is a sham!

combine them all into a central system with one district and see how much you will save.

@

Let's do away with public education. Let it all be private. Let schools compete and bring the price down.

Guest Guest

Before everyone votes no - Please take a look at the facts and actually know what you are and are not voting on when you vote on the budget. Chenango Valley does have some high paid officals but compare them to other districts and you will find they are not as top heavy in administrators as other school districts. Salaries goes with experience and time on the job. Also remember that the board members are not paid. Any who complains should get involved. Most people who vote no either have no kids in school anymore or never did. Also I have a hard time believing that Doug Reed who was quoted in the Press and Sun-bulletin pays $4000.00 in school taxes living in the town of Fenton.

@

Guest guest
Has anyone ever talked to this Carmen Ciullo?

This guy is a total weakling who had NO control over his subordinates or his district.

How on earth can this guy keep his job?

You certainly don't know Mr. Ciullo, I do. He is a caring, compassionate and intelligent Superintendant. The district has been extremely fortunate to have him all of these years. A mistake is made and folks like you come out of the woodwork to point fingers and assign blame. Mr. Ciullo has run this district for years, and he is well respected by the community and staff alike. His primary concern is for the students in this district. I have no doubt that he is more upset and devestated by this than anyone can imagine. Your post is totally nasty and uncalled for.

Guest cv taxpayer

Ok. Yes, someone needs to step up and take responsibility for this windfall at CV, but what is more important is not to eliminate teching positions. What needs to be done is eliminate some of the "desk" jobs and make employees with big paychecks start working for their paycheck. Principles, assts., assts to the assts. are nice, but my retirement isnt looking like theirs.

When the teachers contracts are due, reality needs to set in and they need to start contributing as the rest of the work force does. Come on, a good three months off a year and very little to benefits, needs to be reavaluated here. There are many more teachers out there looking for a job that would pay more to get it instead of working a few years to long to pad their retirements.

Keep the education their for the students, not for the desk jobs.

Chenango Valley better hold the next board meeting at a larger venue, they are going to need it.

Guest Guest
I truly wish people would get the facts straight before they jump to conclusions but I guess that will never happen...

Facts:

1. The bond issue is to replenish the fund balance. This spreads the tax burden out over ten years rather than to have a 40-50% tax jump. Of course this wouldn't have been necessary if they added to the balance all along and made better projections. That is the past and at least now they are thinking of the future.

2. Reactionary no-voting to upcoming budgets will do no good. Even if they go to a state mandated contingency budget, it may end up being more than the original budget anyway. Very few people understand this and many elderly residents vote with their angry hearts and not wth their heads.

3. Just because a teacher doesn't have a classroom means they are not good teachers? Seriously, where do you come up with this stuff?

4. The BoE is the final stop in the district. The buck stops with them and that is a vote you have control over. Find out where the candidates stand and if a seat is unopposed...get off your butts and run for it.

@

I couldn't have said it better myself. Voting no on the budget is not going to help at all and may end up costing taxpayers more. The Doug Reed's of the world obviously don't get it.

@

Archived