• Other
  2. 2. What is the worst phone service

• Time Warner
    • Vonage
    • Verizon
    • A T & T
    • Telecom
    • Other

Last week, I decided to drop as much of my Time Warner services as possible. I returned my"box" and switched to Vonage phone service. If I could find something with the same speed as Roadrunner (when it's working) I would drop that too. So far, this morning I have been having some problems with my phone service. It's not enough to leave Vonage right away, but I was wondering what ya'll thought.

I dropped my time warner phone service, too. i had problems ALL of the time. i've had my vonage for about 4 or 5 months and it works great. And! my road runner works a lot better now that I've dropped the time warner phone...

good luck!

Unfortunetely, I am minutes from dropping it and going back to Verizon

Unfortunetely, I am minutes from dropping it and going back to Verizon

I have had Vonage since October. I had a little trouble at first too. Called Vonage and they did something over the phone and fixed it right away. Haven't had a problem since.

@

Guest BC Voice of Reason

I pay 200 bucks a year (16.67 per month) with ViaTalk. It's a VOIP service from the Albany area. I've had them for about 10 months and the service is exceptional. I used to have Sunrocket before they went belly up, but ViaTalk QoS blows them away. Also, they have some of the best features of any VOIP provider. They have a two-line feature which has been great when my wife and I both need to use the phone. I probably use the phone 6-8 hours a day (some days more), and can only think of one time early when I couldn't place a call.

We have been using Vonage for about 2 years now. No problems with service. About every 6-9 months TWC will call and ask if we are ready to try TWC Phone... I ask if they offer unlimited calling to North America AND Europe for only $24.95 per month (32.22 with taxes). We have family in England and do not always want to be tied to the computer for a Skype video call (which is free). This is usually when TWC is ready to end the sales pitch.

Good luck!

Question?

If you currently have TIMEWARNER cable phone (2 lines) and switch it to VONAGE? what kind of service fees, first time installs and other fees are you going to have to pay...

if i can go lower than 34.99 first line and 29.99 2nd line.. im going to switch..

Guest Guest
Question?

If you currently have TIMEWARNER cable phone (2 lines) and switch it to VONAGE? what kind of service fees, first time installs and other fees are you going to have to pay...

if i can go lower than 34.99 first line and 29.99 2nd line.. im going to switch..

Vonage will be bankrupt within a year...The stocks down near 1 dollar from the 16 dollars it came public at...Huge debt load and just not enough customers......

jmower71-

Disclaimer: You will still need a broadband Internet connection. (It may seem a given to most, but some people..., well you know the ones)

We we signed up there was a $29.99 activation fee. Shipping for the phone modem was $14.95 and all the other "fees" were the usual recurring monthly fee/taxes associated. There was of course the cost of the phone modem (ours was $149.99 minus a $40 instant rebate). Soup to nuts the entire start-up cost us $168.29

I just checked and to add another line we of course need a different phone modem. I am guessing that if you get the multiple line one to begin with then you would be all set. I do not know the cost. The additional line costs are same prices. There is a 500 minute plan available for $14.99 a month. Just like cellular you will need to figure out how many minutes you will need. If you want unlimited for both my guess there is (and it is an educated/experienced guess)would be $64.44 per month for two lines both unlimited (this includes the taxes).

Install fees - you do it yourself. No one to comes to the house. It is fairly simple to do.

Good luck

@

Archived