Its official Gallagher new M.E. coach

Guest SPARENT

Guest SPARENT

It is official. Gallagher was announced as the new head football coach. Krise will coach soccer.

It is highly unusual for a JV assistant to get a head coach job.

Guest GUEST
It is official. Gallagher was announced as the new head football coach. Krise will coach soccer.

It is highly unusual for a JV assistant to get a head coach job.

i cannot believe they did not interview for the soccer job and if they did it was just in house people. there were people that applied that were way more qualified than krise not interviewed or considered. whatever happened to best qualified candidates? of course what am i thinking its a school district where teachers get first dibs when they dont have a clue.

Guest Coach
i cannot believe they did not interview for the soccer job and if they did it was just in house people. there were people that applied that were way more qualified than krise not interviewed or considered. whatever happened to best qualified candidates? of course what am i thinking its a school district where teachers get first dibs when they dont have a clue.
I am not defending Krise, but the rules are the rules. No more unqualified people will get coaching jobs at M-E. Want to coach? Get a teaching degree.

Guest Guest

There goes that soccer program. Krise the new head coach? The guy doesn't know anything about the game. Litte playing experience and no licenses, yikes!!

Guest guest
Who should have been considered that wasn't?

there were a few. ask the ad and he will tell you or he probably threw the applications out im sure.

@

Guest Guest

First of all, you can coach if you are not a teacher as long as you have a permanent coaching certification, 2nd, much better candidates were interviewed for the football job that had their teaching certificate. They just got tired of listening to Gallagher and gave the squeaky wheel the grease.

Guest Monday Morning QB
First of all, you can coach if you are not a teacher as long as you have a permanent coaching certification, 2nd, much better candidates were interviewed for the football job that had their teaching certificate. They just got tired of listening to Gallagher and gave the squeaky wheel the grease.
True, but it takes 5 years of coaching anywhere you can get a job (where no teachers want the job) before you can get a permanent coaching certificate. Also, if there were better candidates, did Cook make another bad decision? From what I have heard the interview committee was loaded in Gallaghers favor, just like it was the last time for Connolly's agenda. The big questions are however, who is going to coach with Gallagher and who will be the starting QB??

Guest guest

Joe Powell will start at QB with either tom conoly or max siniki to back him up. conoly has no chance as the starter without daddy to clear the way but should still start at corner. other conoly may lose his startying jobs to barrett who is smarter and a better athlete. should be a good team

Guest Guest

I don't think there is a school district in the Southern Tier that doesn't give teachers first shot at coaching jobs. M-E is no exception.

This is particularly appealing to teachers who are a few years from retirement and use the extra $$ to bump up their last three year's average salary (the rate upon which retirement dollars are based).

There are people who will note that coaching does not pay mega-bucks. However even if it only slightly raises your pension, it is a few dollars that "just keeps on giving".

It is hard for non-teachers to get coaching positions, regardless of their qualifications.

Guest Guest

Time is a problem for non teachers who want to coach football. Your job has to work around the time.

You need to give up two full weeks, all day, at the end of August.

Then you need to have 2-3 hours each week day night.

Saturday morning and afternoon for games.

Sunday for films and planning.

And then off season.

Guest Teacher/ Coach

The problem with 95% of non-teacher coaches is their agenda. The only reason they want to coach is because their kid is on the team, or will be in the near future. The problem at M-E is that regardless of whether or not you are a teacher, if you have kids playing in the program you seem to be a lock to get a coaching job. In each of the last 4-5 cases in which this has happened the results have been very negative. Everyone knows what happened in football, and there is another parent coach whose child will not even talk to them for whatever reason and it carried over into practices and games. Thats NOT whats best for kids!

Guest guest
The problem with 95% of non-teacher coaches is their agenda. The only reason they want to coach is because their kid is on the team, or will be in the near future. The problem at M-E is that regardless of whether or not you are a teacher, if you have kids playing in the program you seem to be a lock to get a coaching job. In each of the last 4-5 cases in which this has happened the results have been very negative. Everyone knows what happened in football, and there is another parent coach whose child will not even talk to them for whatever reason and it carried over into practices and games. Thats NOT whats best for kids!

I agree with you that the AD made a mistake in hiring Galagher, another SPARENT coach to contend with since he has kids coming up throug the football program. Didn't Cook learn a lesson from last Fall? Just goes to show how brain dead he is. He should be tossed just as well. Did Gallagher get approved by the Board because of Al Ewing? Was Ewing serving his own agenda for his son to coach as well?? Hmmmmm.....

Guest guest
I agree with you that the AD made a mistake in hiring Galagher, another SPARENT coach to contend with since he has kids coming up throug the football program. Didn't Cook learn a lesson from last Fall? Just goes to show how brain dead he is. He should be tossed just as well. Did Gallagher get approved by the Board because of Al Ewing? Was Ewing serving his own agenda for his son to coach as well?? Hmmmmm.....

How is Galager now the head football coach? He wasn't even a good youth football coach for the STYFL. Good luck all you varsity football parents, I fell for you. Politics as usual.

@

Guest guest
Time is a problem for non teachers who want to coach football. Your job has to work around the time.

You need to give up two full weeks, all day, at the end of August.

Then you need to have 2-3 hours each week day night.

Saturday morning and afternoon for games.

Sunday for films and planning.

And then off season.

First, I thought teachers work just as many hours as the normal guy that is not a teacher? My teacher buddies tell me they work just as much if not more hours then a non teacher. So, if that is true, your argument is dead.

With that being said, there are plenty of non teachers that work just as hard as a teacher. Do you want a teacher padding his pension or a non teacher that is there to teach kids and has a passion for the sport.

I understand that there are bad non teacher coaches that have kids on the team and I know there are bad coaches that happen to be teachers.

How about we just hire the best person for the job no matter what they do. As long as they are certified.

Guest Guest

The point was, and it is especially true in football, a teacher's schedule is more likely to mesh with the team needs.

You think that isn't true?

Guest Guest
.....Do you want a teacher padding his pension or a non teacher that is there to teach kids and has a passion for the sport.

I understand that there are bad non teacher coaches that have kids on the team and I know there are bad coaches that happen to be teachers.

How about we just hire the best person for the job no matter what they do. As long as they are certified.

Why is it that every teacher-coach is only coaching in order to, "pad their pension?" Sounds like someone is jealous of teachers' benefits. Most teacher-coaches are not near retirement and are not running to the bank working 15-20 hours a week, for three and a half months, for $4,000. You could make more working at Home Depot for criss sakes! Plus, non-teacher coaches get paid as well, so what's the difference? The real crime is parents who ruin the experience of playing high school athletics because they want to micro-manage every move their child makes, or because they want to give their kid more playing time, etc. GO SPARENTS!

Guest guest
Why is it that every teacher-coach is only coaching in order to, "pad their pension?" Sounds like someone is jealous of teachers' benefits. Most teacher-coaches are not near retirement and are not running to the bank working 15-20 hours a week, for three and a half months, for $4,000. You could make more working at Home Depot for criss sakes! Plus, non-teacher coaches get paid as well, so what's the difference? The real crime is parents who ruin the experience of playing high school athletics because they want to micro-manage every move their child makes, or because they want to give their kid more playing time, etc. GO SPARENTS!

Exactly----GALLAGHER!!!!!!

Guest Guest
How is Galager now the head football coach? He wasn't even a good youth football coach for the STYFL. Good luck all you varsity football parents, I fell for you. Politics as usual.

He did lose his modified football coaching job as well. I believe he was fired by Dick Russ. Interesting track record for this guy.

Guest Guest

He did lose his modified football coaching job as well. I believe he was fired by Dick Russ. Interesting track record for this guy.

And why was Dick Russ fired? Hmmmm.................Showing up at school functions with one to many in him? Be careful on who you are judging.....................

Guest Guest
And why was Dick Russ fired? Hmmmm.................Showing up at school functions with one to many in him? Be careful on who you are judging.....................
Just stating facts. And say what you want about Russ, but he was one hell of a football coach!

Guest guest

Just stating facts. And say what you want about Russ, but he was one hell of a football coach!

God I would have put my last dollar on it that some one would have said that!! How come some behaviors are excused then and others aren't? Such hypocritical people living in this district!! So basically what your saying is forgive any indiscretions as long as there a good coach?

Guest Guest

There is no really GOOD reason at this time for Gallagher not to be appointed the football coach....when is kids move into the high school sports program....then he should step aside....but until that time...he will probably be a decent coach....

@

Guest Guest
The point was, and it is especially true in football, a teacher's schedule is more likely to mesh with the team needs.

You think that isn't true?

I know of plenty of people that have the ability to make the time commitment....

I would say the two people that coached at ME that put in a huge amount of time to their programs are Tim Connolly and Sonny Spera. Now compare that to Crooks and Gallagher, who put now time in.....

Guest guest

If you add 8-12K over the years as Crooks has done and your pension and your SS will be greatly enhanced. Just the facts, it happens all the time....Not saying it is wrong...but it happens...

The non-teacher can't paid his pension since he doesn't get one.

Archived