Its official Gallagher new M.E. coach

Guest SPARENT

Guest guest
He did lose his modified football coaching job as well. I believe he was fired by Dick Russ. Interesting track record for this guy.

And why was Dick Russ fired? Hmmmm.................Showing up at school functions with one to many in him? Be careful on who you are judging.....................

Where are your facts he showed up like that? Having a son play for him, I can think of no other coach in this area that I would have rather him play for. The guy was passoniate for the sport and worked his butt of for the kids. Coach Russ has forgotten more about football that Gallagher will ever know. Not even close.....

Guest Guest
I know of plenty of people that have the ability to make the time commitment....

I would say the two people that coached at ME that put in a huge amount of time to their programs are Tim Connolly and Sonny Spera. Now compare that to Crooks and Gallagher, who put now time in.....

Does Sonny coach football because they might need him?

Guest Guest

no other coach in this area that I would have rather him play for. The guy was passoniate for the sport and worked his butt of for the kids. Coach Russ has forgotten more about football that Gallagher will ever know. Not even close....

Who didn't know about Russ you must be kidding! Didn't say he didn't know football or wasn't a good coach just saying there was some BIG issues there. What rock were you hiding under?

Guest guest
no other coach in this area that I would have rather him play for. The guy was passoniate for the sport and worked his butt of for the kids. Coach Russ has forgotten more about football that Gallagher will ever know. Not even close....

Who didn't know about Russ you must be kidding! Didn't say he didn't know football or wasn't a good coach just saying there was some BIG issues there. What rock were you hiding under?

Yea I know, he smoked cigarettes on school grounds....huge uproar and had school board members involved. Yet, walk through the parking lot by the technology building and the janitorial staff are puffing away every day at 3pm. But that is not a problem.

Then he football staff got in trouble for going to a bar and watching the game film. I have seen Sonny Spera and Rob Krowiak do the same thing and not a word.

Basically a lot of people spewing about Coach Russ because the kids respected him and would do anything for him. I know my son played for a lot of coaches at ME and he would do anything for Coach Russ.

Now compare all the rumors of the transgressions of Coach Russ and then pit them against Gallagher. I think you will find out you would rather have your son play for Coach Russ.

Guest King of Pheasant Mountain
Yea I know, he smoked cigarettes on school grounds....huge uproar and had school board members involved. Yet, walk through the parking lot by the technology building and the janitorial staff are puffing away every day at 3pm. But that is not a problem.

Then he football staff got in trouble for going to a bar and watching the game film. I have seen Sonny Spera and Rob Krowiak do the same thing and not a word.

Basically a lot of people spewing about Coach Russ because the kids respected him and would do anything for him. I know my son played for a lot of coaches at ME and he would do anything for Coach Russ.

Now compare all the rumors of the transgressions of Coach Russ and then pit them against Gallagher. I think you will find out you would rather have your son play for Coach Russ.

I don't care who my kid plays for as long as he don't go over to your house!!! His mother already knows everything, he don't need to find out there is more than one know at all out there.

Guest Guest

smoked cigarettes on school grounds....huge uproar and had school board members involved. Yet, walk through the parking lot by the technology building and the janitorial staff are puffing away every day at 3pm. But that is not a problem.

Basically a lot of people spewing about Coach Russ because the kids respected him and would do anything for him. I know my son played for a lot of coaches at ME and he would do anything for Coach Russ

There is no comparison between Russ and Gallagher -you obviously don't know what happened with Russ because if you think its smoking cigs or going to a bar your way off. You obviously have no clue and this forum is no place for it but I suggest in the future be careful on who you defend - get the facts first...........

Guest Guest
smoked cigarettes on school grounds....huge uproar and had school board members involved. Yet, walk through the parking lot by the technology building and the janitorial staff are puffing away every day at 3pm. But that is not a problem.

Basically a lot of people spewing about Coach Russ because the kids respected him and would do anything for him. I know my son played for a lot of coaches at ME and he would do anything for Coach Russ

There is no comparison between Russ and Gallagher -you obviously don't know what happened with Russ because if you think its smoking cigs or going to a bar your way off. You obviously have no clue and this forum is no place for it but I suggest in the future be careful on who you defend - get the facts first...........

Unless you were there and saw what happened to Dick, then you don't have the facts either, unless you are Julie Gallgaher??????????

Guest guest
Unless you were there and saw what happened to Dick, then you don't have the facts either, unless you are Julie Gallgaher??????????

Who said I wasn't there you idiot?

Guest guest

Who said I wasn't there you idiot?

First sign of a liar, somebody calls them out and they resort to name calling.

Guest mike mathews
I agree with you that the AD made a mistake in hiring Galagher, another SPARENT coach to contend with since he has kids coming up throug the football program. Didn't Cook learn a lesson from last Fall? Just goes to show how brain dead he is. He should be tossed just as well. Did Gallagher get approved by the Board because of Al Ewing? Was Ewing serving his own agenda for his son to coach as well?? Hmmmmm.....

I had Gallagher as a coach. Great guy, Great coach, good decision.

Cook did the right thing.

Andy would also make a great assistant.

@

Archived