Southside Cigarette Shop?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Gross. And why, with the PA border so close, would you put a cigarette store there anyway?

Aren't there enough places within in a 30 yard radius to get cigarettes? The Giant, the Hess, CVS, Mobil, did I miss any?

And with all the recent debate over code enforcement, how are they getting away with that tacky hand lettered sign?

Do they need zoning variances and permits for cigarette sales?

Did I miss a ribbon cutting on the news? This place seems to have popped up overnight.

Guest Guest
Gross. And why, with the PA border so close, would you put a cigarette store there anyway?

Aren't there enough places within in a 30 yard radius to get cigarettes? The Giant, the Hess, CVS, Mobil, did I miss any?

And with all the recent debate over code enforcement, how are they getting away with that tacky hand lettered sign?

Do they need zoning variances and permits for cigarette sales?

Did I miss a ribbon cutting on the news? This place seems to have popped up overnight.

Just another place to get robbed :blink:

Guest Guest

Funny this should come up. A tobacco store is opening on Nanticoke Ave in W Endicott between Franklin & Jennings. Now lets see - there's no parking to speak of, little or no foot traffic & lots of competition right up the road. Can these stores be affiliates of our wonderful 5 Star Barber Shops? Ya gotta wonder .......

Guest south sider

It's not a 'smoke shop', it's a 'head shop'. I walked by before they opened, and all along the walls are bongs of every shape and size. I'm sure the workout place that just opened up next door to it is pretty angry...They never would have picked the spot knowing that disgusting place was going to open. And that hand painted sign about coming in for a smoke? Yeah, that's just great, how nice of them to put it on the sidewalk right where kids from the elementary school walk! I think it's horrible that they're there, if no one goes there they'll be out of there in six months. Just don't walk in the door!

With an in-patient and out-patient drug and alcohol treatment center you wouldn’t think the city of Binghamton would have zoned a head shop that close.

@

Guest South Sider

Oh, C'mon, you think anyone cares that there's an out patient facility close by? To say nothing of an elementary school a block away?

I urge you all, please don't go to the place, and they'll have to close down. We don't need that kind of filth on the South Side. There's enough problems here already!

Archived