Pathetic Tarik

Guest Mac

I'm not prepared to say with certainly that this happened, but I don't know how you can say that this doesn't make sense. The fact that Saddam was still holding on to WMD would put him in direct violation of UN Res. 1441. It would make sense on the eve of US invasion to move the weapons nextdoor, ready to be retrieved when the time was right. Syria was not in violation of any UN resolutions and had done nothing to threaten the US or its neighbors. Why would you dismiss this scenario completely?

First of all, if there were enough WMD's to be considered a threat to his neighbors, shipping them somewhere "on the eve of" our invasion would have been impossible. They would have comprised many, many truckloads. Our satellites would have easily been able to detect a major convoy of trucks. Shipping them all out on a few cargo planes....not likely. Again, our intel would have seen that many planes going somewhere.

Am I missing something, or hasn't Syria been on our list of Terrorism Sponsor nations for years? Do you think for a minute that GWB, after invading Iraq under the pretense that Saddam had weapons (which, of course, were never a threat to the US mainland), would allow Syria to keep them?

He would have given them, too, an ultimatum, just as he gave Saddam and his sons. If they didn't comply, he would have gone in to get them. There's no way he would have left the job half done like Daddy did in Desert Storm.

First of all, if there were enough WMD's to be considered a threat to his neighbors, shipping them somewhere "on the eve of" our invasion would have been impossible. They would have comprised many, many truckloads. Our satellites would have easily been able to detect a major convoy of trucks. Shipping them all out on a few cargo planes....not likely. Again, our intel would have seen that many planes going somewhere.

Am I missing something, or hasn't Syria been on our list of Terrorism Sponsor nations for years? Do you think for a minute that GWB, after invading Iraq under the pretense that Saddam had weapons (which, of course, were never a threat to the US mainland), would allow Syria to keep them?

He would have given them, too, an ultimatum, just as he gave Saddam and his sons. If they didn't comply, he would have gone in to get them. There's no way he would have left the job half done like Daddy did in Desert Storm.

Don’t you think Bush didn’t want America to be involved in a war with Syria right after the war in Iraq ?

To admit WMD’s are in Syria = war with Syria. Or war with Lebanon - interestingly, the IDF attacked with NBC uniforms last Summer when they went into Lebanon although Lebanon is said to have no WMD’s capability.

My guess is Bush didn’t want the war with Syria, and preferred to admit mistakes than to make an extensive war with Iraq’s neighbor.

My other guess is probably Iraq was behind 9/11 and that’s why so many people are saying Saddam Hussein had no links with Al-Quaeda (a joke, it contradicts the 9/11 Commission and the iraqi government has the invitation of Al-Zahwiri visiting Baghdad in 1998) or with terrorism (another joke, Saddam supported Hamas and Hezbollah whose offices were in Baghdad) or that its regime was secular ( a complete joke, Saddam ordered to build the greatest - yet unfinished - mosque of the world after Mecca - http://maps.google.fr/maps?f=l&hl=fr&a...m=1&iwloc=G )

Archived