Binghamton: A City Barely Alive - 10/25/05

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

http://www.douglaswalterdrazen.com/barelyalive.shtml

"Binghamton, a city barely alive. Ladies and gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to establish our reputation as the safest, cleanest city in upstate New York. Binghamton will be that city. Better than it was before. Better ... stronger ... faster..."

We are a city on the bubble. This election will determine whether a critical chapter in Binghamton's history ends with the same old story of party machine generated, election year, political opportunism, or whether it signals a genuine opportunity for a new beginning based on talent, merit and ideas.

Make no mistake about it, with the governor leaving office, there are large numbers of patronage appointees, who will be in need of employment. The local Republican machine led by State Senator Libous is looking for a haven in which those people can safely ensconce themselves, and they see a Naima! (Kradjian) led Binghamton as their best opportunity. Given that she is the State Senator's personally anointed candidate, she would not be in much of a position to deny him what he wanted, if she was mayor.

So, if you want the most crony filled administration in the city's history, there is a candidate for you. Just remember, with cronyism tends to come corruption. So, it could also be the most corrupt administration in the city's history.

However the prospect of a Ryan administration is equally unattractive. During the debates he has offered statements like, "We need to make sure...there is no clear cutting, and stuff like that...going on." Mr. Ryan's concern for the rain forests notwithstanding, it seems reasonable to say that in this campaign we ought not be concerned with saving the whole world, just this little piece of it. But it appears Matt Ryan is determined to make national and international hot button issues the centerpieces of his campaign, and there is little reason to believe he would govern any differently.

So, if you would like every day to be St. Patrick's Four Day, if you would like City Hall's welcome mat to be out for every leftist fringe issue that comes down the pike, if you would like what might be the most inept administration in the city's history, there is a candidate for you.

Naturally, I have my own ideas about what is to be done, and I have spoken at length about it for quite some time, which is a major difference between me and my opponents.

What may be the most important difference, is that every day when I leave work I go home to a house in which I actually live, not one that I moved into just so I could run for mayor, or one on which I took an unentitled STAR exemption. When I get home, my wife and child are there. I live the life that most of the people paying the bills in the city live, or have lived and want their children and grandchildren to live. Therefore, I am better suited to shape public policy to meet such people's needs, because I can relate to what they go through.

So, if you want someone that has been speaking out on issues and proposing ways to address them long before an election year, who has real roots and ties to our city, and who understands what it is like to provide for a family, there is a candidate for you.

Some may insist they should vote for whoever they think can win. I disagree. This is not a pari-mutuel wager at Off Track Betting, it is something slightly more important. You should vote for who you think is right, and if you do, the right thing just might happen for our hometown.

Guest Guest

Naima is rejuvenating downtown JC. Already she has reducued police calls in one building from 78 in one year to zero and brouhgt out 5000 peopel in six months to events.

What has Drazen done other than spew more hot air and refuse to work or cooperate with anyone?

Douglas Walter Drazen refuses to beleive he is unelectable in this county in any position. He is a pompous one-man showboat.

Doug Drazen's mayoral term limits boot Bucci out and gave us Ryan.

Good job Doug.

Volunteer for something Doug. Show you can work with others. Show you can do something other than be a spoiler.

Guest Steve Austin

"Binghamton, a city barely alive. Ladies and gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to establish our reputation as the safest, cleanest city in upstate New York. Binghamton will be that city. Better than it was before. Better ... stronger ... faster..."

thesixmilliondollarmanmv1.jpg

I think poor Doug is mistaking Bing-A-Ling for the Six Million Dollar Man.

Guest Guest

We are a city on the bubble. This election will determine whether a critical chapter in Binghamton's history ends with the same old story of party machine generated, election year, political opportunism, or whether it signals a genuine opportunity for a new beginning based on talent, merit and ideas.

Make no mistake about it, with the governor leaving office, there are large numbers of patronage appointees, who will be in need of employment. The local Republican machine led by State Senator Libous is looking for a haven in which those people can safely ensconce themselves, and they see a Naima! (Kradjian) led Binghamton as their best opportunity. Given that she is the State Senator's personally anointed candidate, she would not be in much of a position to deny him what he wanted, if she was mayor.

So, if you want the most crony filled administration in the city's history, there is a candidate for you. Just remember, with cronyism tends to come corruption. So, it could also be the most corrupt administration in the city's history.

However the prospect of a Ryan administration is equally unattractive. During the debates he has offered statements like, "We need to make sure...there is no clear cutting, and stuff like that...going on." Mr. Ryan's concern for the rain forests notwithstanding, it seems reasonable to say that in this campaign we ought not be concerned with saving the whole world, just this little piece of it. But it appears Matt Ryan is determined to make national and international hot button issues the centerpieces of his campaign, and there is little reason to believe he would govern any differently.

So, if you would like every day to be St. Patrick's Four Day, if you would like City Hall's welcome mat to be out for every leftist fringe issue that comes down the pike, if you would like what might be the most inept administration in the city's history, there is a candidate for you.

Naturally, I have my own ideas about what is to be done, and I have spoken at length about it for quite some time, which is a major difference between me and my opponents.

What may be the most important difference, is that every day when I leave work I go home to a house in which I actually live, not one that I moved into just so I could run for mayor, or one on which I took an unentitled STAR exemption. When I get home, my wife and child are there. I live the life that most of the people paying the bills in the city live, or have lived and want their children and grandchildren to live. Therefore, I am better suited to shape public policy to meet such people's needs, because I can relate to what they go through.

So, if you want someone that has been speaking out on issues and proposing ways to address them long before an election year, who has real roots and ties to our city, and who understands what it is like to provide for a family, there is a candidate for you.

Some may insist they should vote for whoever they think can win. I disagree. This is not a pari-mutuel wager at Off Track Betting, it is something slightly more important. You should vote for who you think is right, and if you do, the right thing just might happen for our hometown.

Amazingly prophetic.

Guest Guest
Naima is rejuvenating downtown JC. Already she has reducued police calls in one building from 78 in one year to zero and brouhgt out 5000 peopel in six months to events.

Douglas Walter Drazen refuses to beleive he is unelectable in this county in any position.

Volunteer for something Doug. Show you can work with others. Show you can do something other than be a spoiler.

Sure, she's singlehandedly "rejuvenating" the downtown area.

At what cost to the taxpayers? How much of her own $ did she pony up? None?

How electable is she? She didn't play spoiler either, in a three person race?

Guest Guest
Sure, she's singlehandedly "rejuvenating" the downtown area.

At what cost to the taxpayers? How much of her own $ did she pony up? None?

How electable is she? She didn't play spoiler either, in a three person race?

She is more electable than Drazen who got a one time protest vote. Perhaps you need reminded of the actual nubers. It was a very close race:

Kradjian 3471 votes (27%),

Drazen 3947 votes (31%),

Ryan 5146 (40%)

I'd still like to know of anything Drazen has ever accomplished or managed? When asked about ever doing so or ever managing a budget he went back 25 years to his college frat house or student association.

Drazen is the right wing equivalent of Ryan, another mediocre lawyer with no management experience who has never created a job or anything else for that matter.

As for Naima she has made many personal donations to the theatre and personally guaranteed loans and other expenses. Nobody said she was single-handedly rejuvenating downtown JC but she is contributing and has reduced crime in one block by 78 calls per year. she di away with a drug-infested crime den. Drazen likes to talk a lot about law and order, what has he ever done about it? Has he ever even donated a dime to the police brotherhoods?

What has Douglas Walter Drazen ever contributed to anything? I have been to a half dozen fund raisers at the Jewish Community Center and I have never even seen him there. I haven't seen him at fund raisers for anything anywhere.

What community-minded things does Douglas Walter Drazen ever do?

Guest You guessed it!

And the number one reason why Binghamton is suffering is:

http://bupipedream.com/uploaded_images/4971.jpg

Guest Guest
She is more electable than Drazen who got a one time protest vote. Perhaps you need reminded of the actual nubers. It was a very close race:

Drazen 3947 votes (31%),

Ryan 5146 (40%)

I'd still like to know of anything Drazen has ever accomplished or managed? When asked about ever doing so or ever managing a budget he went back 25 years to his college frat house or student association.

Drazen is the right wing equivalent of Ryan, another mediocre lawyer with no management experience who has never created a job or anything else for that matter.

As for Naima she has made many personal donations to the theatre and personally guaranteed loans and other expenses. Nobody said she was single-handedly rejuvenating downtown JC but she is contributing and has reduced crime in one block by 78 calls per year. she di away with a drug-infested crime den. Drazen likes to talk a lot about law and order, what has he ever done about it? Has he ever even donated a dime to the police brotherhoods?

What has Douglas Walter Drazen ever contributed to anything? I have been to a half dozen fund raisers at the Jewish Community Center and I have never even seen him there. I haven't seen him at fund raisers for anything anywhere.

Who managed that campaign that relegated NORMA! and her $150,000.00 effort to dead last place?

Guest Guest

It was not Ed not allowed. He did not manage the campaign.

But tell us rather than just being negative what has Douglas Walter Drazen ever done????

Drazen likes to talk a lot about law and order, what has he ever done about it? Has he ever even donated a dime to the police brotherhoods? did he ever reduce criem anywhere y doing anything?

Guest Not Advertising!
Is that Ryan standing in front of Uncle Tony's???? :D

Yep, most people believe Binghamton is suffering because of Matt Ryan when the real reason is Uncle Tony's :blink::blink::blink:

Guest Guest

Drazen 3947 votes (31%),

Ryan 5146 (40%)

He accomplished more votes than Kradjian . It's right in front of your eyes .

She has taken credit for stealing tax payers money and building a puppet shack .

Guest Guest
It was not Ed not allowed. He did not manage the campaign.

But tell us rather than just being negative what has Douglas Walter Drazen ever done????

Drazen likes to talk a lot about law and order, what has he ever done about it? Has he ever even donated a dime to the police brotherhoods? did he ever reduce criem anywhere y doing anything?

How about running for mayor?

How about putting in hundreds of hours over a ten year period making the public, their elected Council representatives, and other local government officials aware of problems facing the city and offering solutions to them?

How about taking the time to write guest viewpoints in the newspaper, does that not count as a "contribution", or being "communuity minded"?

Does regularly participating in the Lee Barta Run count for supporting police? Most Binghamton police officers might think so. Who had their support in '05? Was it NORMA!, and her record breaking $150,000.00 flop, "field coordinated" by cyberspace's own Wile E. Coyote Supergenius, Ed not allowed?

Are all Jews required to attend Jewish fundraisers? Will a report be made to the Elders of the Protocols of Zion?

Guest Guest

Does regularly participating in the Lee Barta Run count for supporting police? Most Binghamton police officers might think so. Who had their support in '05? Was it NORMA!, and her record breaking $150,000.00 flop, "field coordinated" by cyberspace's own Wile E. Coyote Supergenius, Ed not allowed?

I just had a fleeting mental video of Naima running in the Barta Race.

Don't EVER do that to me again, dude.

Guest Abbie Linkin

Douglas Walter Drazen has a good plan for this city. If you morons didn't vote for him and are bitching on here about Ryan you deserve everything Ryan and his people are dishing out. Not once was Ryan a bi-weekly attendee at City Council nor did he involve himself in making a change in this city like Drazen and others did. Ryan never came to my home when he was running for mayor but I saw Drazen. He cared enough to come and chat with myself and my neighbors about the changes he wanted for this community.

It was inevitable that Drazen cared about the people and this city while the other two candidates only cared about themselves and how they and their friends could benefit from the position they were running for.

Drazen knows about government. Ryan or Naima don't have the foggiest on how to make this city run. Drazen tells it like it is no punches pulled and he has always been a straight shooter. Naima lies and Ryan continues to lie to the residents of this city. Their deceit is apparent.

Now its going to take years to drag this city out of the grave that Ryan put us in. Anyone who runs this city after the Ryan Administration is long gone will get criticized because thats all a certain few know how to do.

This city could have a fighting chance if men like Drazen are elected to office. You don't have to " restore the pride" in Drazen because he and others like me haven't lost it. We love Binghamton. It's our hometown.

All we need is a wrecking ball to knock out the blighted areas and a beefed up police force to keep the criminals out of this city. And we need an administration who won't create jobs for their friends, raising taxpayers bills so that we could foot the friends salaries.

Guest Guest

Drazen 3947 votes (31%),

Ryan 5146 (40%)

Actually she isn't more electable.

Your own numbers prove it.

Guest Guest

Drazen 3947 votes (31%),

Ryan 5146 (40%)

He actually lived in the city for more than a day before deciding to run for mayor. That seems more community-minded than the two other opportunists who moved into the city just so they could run for mayor.

Guest Guest

What has Drazen done other than spew more hot air and refuse to work or cooperate with anyone?

Douglas Walter Drazen refuses to beleive he is unelectable in this county in any position. He is a pompous one-man showboat.

Good job Doug.

If you have such hatred for the guy, if you really feel this way, Ed....then why... by your own admission, did you invite him to your big party tonight?

@

Guest Guest

I don't know much about Drazen. I wasn't really paying attention during the last election. Ryan came to my house campaigning but I blew him off.

The knock on Drazen here is that he's sorta nuts.

Even if that is somewhat correct, how could he possibly have done a worse job than Ryan has so far?

I need you Drazen bashers to 'splain that to me.

@

Guest Guest
I don't know much about Drazen. I wasn't really paying attention during the last election. Ryan came to my house campaigning but I blew him off.

Even if that is somewhat correct, how could he possibly have done a worse job than Ryan has so far?

@

www.douglaswalterdrazen.com

see what you think...

Guest Guest

@

http://www.douglaswalterdrazen.com

see what you think, take two...

Guest AuschwitzMel

Back in the late 50s or early 60s there was a show on TV called "Fashions for M'Lady". It was put on by the Drazen klan who owned a clothing store, I think on the corner of Court and State streets. One day

there was a fire. The store burned up. The fireman, now dead, in Binghamton said it was the best case of "Jewish Lightning" they ever saw in the area, they just couldn't prove it. The head Jew, A. Murphy Drazen, was thought to have brought in some very good torches from NYC since he had strong ties down there being in the clothing business. Maybe little Walter can explain if this fire was really 'Jewish lightning' and how much insurance money was paid out. There are still many people who would like to know the true story.

Guest Guest
Back in the late 50s or early 60s there was a show on TV called "Fashions for M'Lady". It was put on by the Drazen klan who owned a clothing store, I think on the corner of Court and State streets. One day

there was a fire. The store burned up. The fireman, now dead, in Binghamton said it was the best case of "Jewish Lightning" they ever saw in the area, they just couldn't prove it. The head Jew, A. Murphy Drazen, was thought to have brought in some very good torches from NYC since he had strong ties down there being in the clothing business. Maybe little Walter can explain if this fire was really 'Jewish lightning' and how much insurance money was paid out. There are still many people who would like to know the true story.

The 50's or 60's :blink:

Good job Doug.

Ed we've done business together and for that I thank you....However from what I've seen Naima and family don't pay thier taxes, they scoot around laws to make it work to thier advantage, ie water bills...She's not the type of person to be running anything let alone a city, she's just part of the same old same old style of doing things period...

The way I see it , her and Ryan are one and the same, the only thing they can survive on is some sort of grant or some other hand out from taxpayers pockets, they can't do it on thier own...

I've seen Drazen get involved with serious issues, I've never seen anything from Naima in regards to the real concerns of the community, there's more to life than First Night and the Arts...

Archived