UE best sports program in southern Tier NY

Guest UE fan

Guest Guest
maybe wrestling(Forks at second- but each could make their claim

That's fair. Each has a solid claim to that spot when looking at decades of performance.

Guest Unbiased grappler
That's fair. Each has a solid claim to that spot when looking at decades of performance.

I go with U.E. over Forks in wrestling. U.E. has had many more STAC titles. Winning championships is what it is all about in all sports. It is not about who has more Sectional champs JC has the most and U.E. is in second. if JC wasn't around and CF had won 4 or 5 of those years then Forks would be the choice.

Guest Guest
I go with U.E. over Forks in wrestling. U.E. has had many more STAC titles. Winning championships is what it is all about in all sports. It is not about who has more Sectional champs JC has the most and U.E. is in second. if JC wasn't around and CF had won 4 or 5 of those years then Forks would be the choice.

You might want to double-check your figures as you can really only use the "STAC titles" argument for years they were both in STAC. Since the year Forks joined STAC (1987-1988 season) , each school has just two STAC team titles in wrestling. U-E in 1995 and 1996, Forks in 2006 and 2007.

In the years before CF joined STAC, U-E did win 5 other STAC titles from 1974 to 1986. In that time frame CF won 8 Sus titles. Plus remember, CF does have a winning record head-to-head vs U-E. They had some great battles in the 70s and early 80s when they did meet. Each had wins that could have gone the other way.

STAC Tournament wrestling team titles in last 34 seasons

JC 20

U-E 7

CF 2

1 each for Owego, Vestal, M-E, Ithaca and Norwich

In the CF/U-E argument looking at program history including head-to-head, I'd call it a draw.

Guest Guest
Dan Bertoni won states last year for ue i think that qualifies him as the best in ny state.

Huh? He finished 60th and that was in Class A. Including Class AA, 149 AA and A runners finished ahead of him. 55 Class B runners were faster than him and 39 class C runners were ahead of him. Throw in the 11 Class D runners that were faster and I think that qualifies him as about 255th or so best in NY state.

Guest Guest
Huh? He finished 60th and that was in Class A. Including Class AA, 149 AA and A runners finished ahead of him. 55 Class B runners were faster than him and 39 class C runners were ahead of him. Throw in the 11 Class D runners that were faster and I think that qualifies him as about 255th or so best in NY state.

well first..its pretty random to put him in this thread. he is a talented athlete, but there are tons more athletes to mention too.

but second, what place did you come in??..it is quite the accomplishment to even go to states...and thats some deep info you got on him, esp to take time out of your day to figure out the exact numbers. im assuming you are either jealous of the kid. or just threatened. which is it??

@

• 2 weeks later...

Archived