Repulsive

b4unoit

the problem is that first, you have the information wrong on the flag......the picture that represents the sacrifice and bloody battle of iwo jima is in fact the second flag to be placed on mount saribichi. The first one was planted and it immediately gave a sense of pride to those fighting. so it was decided that a larger flag should be put in its place. the famous photo is of the second flag raising. it was not a staged or posed picture. actually joe rosenthal, the photographer, almost missed the picture as he was readying his camera and turned around and just snapped the picture. he then took another picture of the marines posing around the flag that was staged. this is where the misconception of the staged flag raising comes from. irregardless to get back on topic. this picture represents the bloody battle and ultimate sacrifice that 27,909 allied men made. Think about that. 27k men died during that battle from feb 19 to march 26 1945. including over 2k the first day. This is why i object to the picture being used to focus on a possible myth. it disgraces and diminishes the courage and bravery these men showed not only in iwo jima, but all through out the pacific and european theater during ww2.
well said pt.

To be honest with everybody I could care less if the photo was staged or not (I know it was not but that is besides the point). The image gave hundreds of thousands of American soldiers strength, pride, and renewed courage. And that my friends is worth more than any historic photo or relic. Those men were fighting a desperate and incredibly fanatic enemy in the Pacific and stuff like the "raising of the flag over Iwo Jima" was a huge shot in the arm for those Americans in that hell hole. The Times and all those global warming jackas$es should be hung for this abomination.

To be honest with everybody I could care less if the photo was staged or not (I know it was not but that is besides the point). The image gave hundreds of thousands of American soldiers strength, pride, and renewed courage. And that my friends is worth more than any historic photo or relic. Those men were fighting a desperate and incredibly fanatic enemy in the Pacific and stuff like the "raising of the flag over Iwo Jima" was a huge shot in the arm for those Americans in that hell hole. The Times and all those global warming jackas$es should be hung for this abomination.

agreed...thanks marius.

and love the napolean dynomite clip.

Guest alan greenspan
Out of an idiot that doesnt know about the Caps Lock feature on his keyboard.

Hey jerkoff, instead of pounding on your keyboard, why dont you just go ahead and stick a garden hose up your nose, turn it on full blast, and breathe through your nose for 20 minutes. Can you do that for us? At least try.

I COULD SEE WHERE THE PHOTO WOULD BE REALLY DISTURBING TO WAR HEROES SUCH AS GWB, DICK CHENEY, RUMSFIELD, WOLFOWITZ, AND CONDI RICE. IT TAKES GREAT BRAVERY TO BE A DRAFT DODGER AND SEND YOUNG KIDS TO DIE FOR YOUR PERSONAL AND SELF-SERVING REASONS. AND YOU GUYS ARE FOCUSING ON THE INJUSTICE OF A PICTURE? WOW, YOU'RE REALLY DEEP.

Guest alan greenspan
Seriously you are one of the most intelligent people I have EVER known. How do you do it?

IT'S NOT HARD WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU. I SEE YOU'RE OUT OF AMMO SO YOU'VE RESPONDED WITH YOUR 7TH GRADE LEVEL PICTURES ON 3 DIFFERENT THREADS. DESPERATION BRINGS THAT OUT OF YOU, I GUESS.

IT'S NOT HARD WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU. I SEE YOU'RE OUT OF AMMO SO YOU'VE RESPONDED WITH YOUR 7TH GRADE LEVEL PICTURES ON 3 DIFFERENT THREADS. DESPERATION BRINGS THAT OUT OF YOU, I GUESS.

I think you need a hug.....

***BIG BEAR HUG***

There feel better?

Guest alan greenspan
I think you need a hug.....

***BIG BEAR HUG***

There feel better?

SORRY, I DON'T SWING THAT WAY. BUT YOUR PRIVATE LIFE IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS.

Guest Guest

The OP needs to chill. Your over-reaction is equivalent to a muzzies going gaga over the Dutch Mohamed cartoon. In this case the point being made is not about killing innocent civilians with crazed religite fanatics

I think the world is getting warmer and whether or not human are responsible should not make a (deleted)ing difference. Having clean air, water, soil, food, animals should be a goal. NOt just making the rich richer, which seems to be the Repug Mantra.

@

The OP needs to chill. Your over-reaction is equivalent to a muzzies going gaga over the Dutch Mohamed cartoon. In this case the point being made is not about killing innocent civilians with crazed religite fanatics

I think the world is getting warmer and whether or not human are responsible should not make a (deleted)ing difference. Having clean air, water, soil, food, animals should be a goal. NOt just making the rich richer, which seems to be the Repug Mantra.

@

You don't know if man is responsible or not? So lets say for one moment that man is not responsible for the warming period that ENDED by all studies in the meteorological world in 1998. But even though man did not create the cycle that ENDED in 1998 we should take extreme measures not to mention VERY EXPENSIVE measures that will have a very pronounced effect on the world economy which in turn will have a pronounced effect on YOUR economy.

Now we should do all of this because why? Because if man is not capable of changing the temps on this planet (which we are not and it is damn arrogant to think we are that powerful) then what in gods name good will it do to throw a boat load of money and be taxed to death for something that we do not control.

@

I COULD SEE WHERE THE PHOTO WOULD BE REALLY DISTURBING TO WAR HEROES SUCH AS GWB, DICK CHENEY, RUMSFIELD, WOLFOWITZ, AND CONDI RICE. IT TAKES GREAT BRAVERY TO BE A DRAFT DODGER AND SEND YOUNG KIDS TO DIE FOR YOUR PERSONAL AND SELF-SERVING REASONS. AND YOU GUYS ARE FOCUSING ON THE INJUSTICE OF A PICTURE? WOW, YOU'RE REALLY DEEP.

hey troll boy....we give you numerous reasons why this would be insulting to veterans, and then in typical liberal drivel you drag bush and cheney in to an argument that they have nothing to do with. and you have the nerve to call us deep with sarcasam. you act like bush is the only president to send our military and cause soldiers to die. you are a shallow little troll.

Guest Guest

You are incredibly stupid.

The picture in question is a WWII pic of Iwo Jima.

Bush, Cheney, and Rice had NOTHING to do with WWII.

I know you like to blame everything on the administration but there was life before it and there will be life after it.

Take your meds and a deep breath.

@

Ok listen someone tell andrea mitchel to keep her old cow alan inside the fenced area old cattle are a real pain in the arse and we would hate to have to put that old cow down.

Once they get as old as ole alan they are even use less for stud.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Archived