The Horror! The Horror!

Guest Satan

Guest Satan

While out on the road recently, I discovered something that is -- shockingly - not being covered by the media.

I stopped at a convenience store and picked up a package of Nutter Butter cookies. Remembering Uncle Geo's avatar, I decided to pair it with a Diet Coke -- to balance out the calorie intake a little.

When I returned to my car, I savagely tore into the box of cookies. (I was quite hungry.) The horror before my eyes was almost too much to bare. Take a deep breath before you continue reading -- you will need it. The cookies were ROUND! Yes, that's right! They were not in the traditional shape of a peanut!

When did this start? Why? Why? Is nothing sacred anymore??????

Guest Benni Booboo

That is because you bought the convenience box. Go to the grocery store and look for the original packaged and I am pretty sure they still make them in peanut shape.

@

Guest Satan
That is because you bought the convenience box. Go to the grocery store and look for the original packaged and I am pretty sure they still make them in peanut shape.

@

But it should not matter whether they are in an inconvenience pack! Where is the consistency? Where is the cookie code? If I cannot rely on the shape of my cookie, what is the point of living?

While out on the road recently, I discovered something that is -- shockingly - not being covered by the media.

I stopped at a convenience store and picked up a package of Nutter Butter cookies. Remembering Uncle Geo's avatar, I decided to pair it with a Diet Coke -- to balance out the calorie intake a little.

When I returned to my car, I savagely tore into the box of cookies. (I was quite hungry.) The horror before my eyes was almost too much to bare. Take a deep breath before you continue reading -- you will need it. The cookies were ROUND! Yes, that's right! They were not in the traditional shape of a peanut!

When did this start? Why? Why? Is nothing sacred anymore??????

This is good news for those of us who are vertically challenged!

It's a scientific fact that round cookies have 25% less calories than peanut shaped ones ... After all, a dozen here and a dozen there does add up in the end!

Guest Satan
This is good news for those of us who are vertically challenged!

It's a scientific fact that round cookies have 25% less calories than peanut shaped ones ... After all, a dozen here and a dozen there does add up in the end!

Yes, and sadly, the "end" is usually where we see those cookies! :lol:

@

Guest Satan
Is this really a major concern in your life? Have you nothing more important to worry about?

Get a life!

Have YOU nothing more important to worry about than what I am worrying about?

Away with you -- be gone!

A Nutter Butter is not a Nutter Butter without the peanut shape. We have to draw the line somewhere. Without the shape it is just a peanut butter sandwich cookie. I'm with you satan, they cannot and should not mess with the Nutter Butter!

Guest Satan
A Nutter Butter is not a Nutter Butter without the peanut shape. We have to draw the line somewhere. Without the shape it is just a peanut butter sandwich cookie. I'm with you satan, they cannot and should not mess with the Nutter Butter!

God Bless you, Kermie! Perhaps we can organize a meeting on this at the American Legion next week!

Guest Satan
Satan, we needed you a few minutes ago. Kelly Clarkson was singing "Ave Maria" to the Pope, and I think my windows were about to shatter!

Glad I missed that one. I am sure my Nutter Butters would have come back up on me! :(

Guest Satan

There were kids selling Girl Scout cookies outside of Walmart yesterday. Normally, I would not hesitate to buy a box or two. But as I started to approach the table, a wave of sadness engulfed me. Apparently, I was still in mourning over the horror I had witnessed with the Nutter Butters earlier this week.

One of the kids noticed my tear-filled eyes and asked what was wrong. I found my throat closing up with emotion. How could I explain to this innocent child the reason for my distress? How could I express the horror I had seen?

It took every ounce of strength within my soul to respond. Haltingly, with tears now spilling down my face, I managed to say the only thing that really mattered. A question had to be asked, even though I knew the answer would shatter the remaining sanity left within me. I felt my mouth opening, and at the same time, I could feel my heart beat pounding so hard it felt as if my entire body was pulsating in rhythm with it. I asked her --"Are your peanut butter cookies round?"

I didn't need to hear the response. The look on her face said it all -- NO! I staggered away from the table, knocking down several cookie box towers in the process.

:(

Archived