Maybe the NYS Comptroller can help us?

Ed Arzouian

Guest Guest
Would the real Thomas Paine ever make such a flip suggestion? No, only a magalomaniacal phony jerk who got called out would.

The letter is filled with partisan political rantings, and the only editing that would help would be to throw it away.

@

Thomas Paine is dead.

Good thing because he probably would just shoot Ryan.

I don't suppose you could actually point out an example political ranting in the letter, could you?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2008 9:43 PM

To: 'Investigations@osc.state.ny.us'; 'andrew.cuomo@oag.state.ny.us'

Cc: 'sbodner@pressconnects.com'; 'cstovall@pressconnects.com'; 'froessne@binghamt.gannett.com'; 'catlin@wbngtv.com'; 'moss@wbngtv.com'; 'newstips@news10now.com'; 'jimehmke@clearchannel.com'; 'info@news10now.com'; 'comments@news10now.com'; 'fox40@wicz.com'; 'newsdirector@wicz.com'; 'lizahaines@clearchannel.com'; 'actionnews@wbngtv.com'; 'dschneider@pressconnects.com'; 'Jessica Light'; 'karen.lee@news10now.com'; 'jhill@pressconnects.com'; 'jcrupi@timesunion.com'

Subject: Binghamton Water Department concerns & wifi no-bid

Thomas P. DiNapoli, New York State Comptroller

Office of the State Comptroller

Bureau of Investigations,

59 Maiden Lane, 30th Fl.

New York, NY 10038

Division Phone:

(212) 383-2591 (518) 474-4331

Fax:

(212) 383-2594

(518) 408-3364

Investigations@osc.state.ny.us

and

NYS Attorney General Andrew Cuomo,

The Capitol

Albany, NY 12224-0341

(518) 474-7330

&

44 Hawley Street, 17th Floor

Binghamton, NY 13901-4433

(607) 721-8771

Dear NYS Comptroller DiNapoli,

I would respectfully request your office audit or investigate the City of Binghamton and its Water Fund.

The Mayor of Binghamton, Matthew T. Ryan has already taken the water rate from $1.65 per 100 cubic foot units to $2.10 per 100 cubic foot units in a year, a 27% increase. He has now voted a 30% increase for August 2008 and another 10% increase in August 2009. In just a little more than two years Mayor Ryan will have raise water rates 81% ($1.65 to $2.99).

In a normal situation a city council would provide some checks and balances to the Mayor but in Binghamton the City Council is entirely compose of Democrats supported by Citizen Action of NY Southern Tier Chapter/Working Families Party , just like the Mayor. They are basically a rubber stamp.

The day before the vote for the water rate increase Kevin Transue, the Superintendent of the Water Department, and by most accounts a competent man, resigned. (Press & Sun-Bulletin, April 3, 2008 •• 902 words •• ID: bng51100011* BINGHAMTON City water superintendent retires The City of Binghamton's water and sewer superintendent retired on Friday. Kevin Transue's retirement comes about one week after the city announced a 42 percent hike in water rates.)

Last Thursday, April 17, a bipartisan group of about 30 citizens including four or five former city councilmen (a lot of people for a small town of 45,000 on short notice with no advertising ) gathered at an open public meeting to voice their concerns and implement a plan of action. They now hope to meet with Mayor Ryan and City Council at an open and televised public town hall meeting at Binghamton City Hall Chambers.

You can view TV news coverage of this meeting at:

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/17890139.html (CBS affiliate)

http://news10now.com/content/all_news/1144...te/Default.aspx (Time Warner 24 Hour news channel)

http://www.newschannel34.com/mediacenter/l...&navCatId=3 (NBC/ABC affiliate)

Interestingly, the local newspaper The Press & Sun-Bulletin, the only local daily paper in this market, has refused to even mention the meeting or its results, and that despite my speaking to reporter Doug Schneider and the Executive Editor Calvin Stovall calling me the day after the meeting to argue with me and suggest I, rather than his newspaper, should look more closely at this issue.

Among some of the more disturbing aspects of this is a shuffling of funds supposedly from the City’s General Fund to the Water Fund and then from the County that collects taxes and delinquent water rate to the General Fund.

We have no proof the General Funds is fronting the Water Fund for delinquent payment until the county collects them.

We have no idea what is happening to the delinquent payments once they are lumped with taxes and sent to the General Fund by the County.

It is an accounting nightmare and one subject to abuse.

Thing have gotten so bad the Broome County Executive Barbara Fiala wrote to the Mayor of Binghamton to say that this water payment issue risks cancelling the entire tax collection agreement between the City of Binghamton and Broome County. (Water bills spur Broome-city rift, April 11, 2008 •• 639 words •• ID: bng51360645 County threatens action over $1.4 million in debts By John Hill and Doug Schneider jhill@pressconnects.com Press & Sun-Bulletin BINGHAMTON)

Frankly, the concern of many citizen is that Mayor Matthew T, Ryan is raiding the Water Fund to cover other waste and mismanagement. We can see no justification for an 81% water rate increase that will replenish the Water Fund in only one year.

The Water Fund which had a surplus of over $1,000,000 just two years ago now has a deficit of $300,000. We are being told that because of that deficit and rising chemicals costs (only $100,000 more) we have to swallow a rate increase of 81% that will generate a surplus of $1,400,000 to $2,231,000 PER YEAR, EVERY YEAR!

Also of concern to citizens is a no-bid contract for municipal wireless service that was predicated on a matching NYS grant of $29,000 for a total expense of $58,000. However now, eight months after the City Council vote to match the $29,000, we are told the cost for two years will actually be $98,000 or $70,000 from of Binghamton, all on the contract with no-bid.

Frankly, citizens of Binghamton are very concerned. We can no longer believe the Mayor, there is no impartial City Council to oversee him and the local newspaper seems more like an extension of the public relations department of Binghamton City Hall than the Fifth Estate.

We would like to see an audit and/or investigation by your office and perhaps by that of the NYS Attorney General. Citizens of Binghamton seems to have no other options.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Ed not allowed,

You forgot to tell him you dont even live here ed - LOL

Your rants and letters are laughable and are so obviously from a very sick man that they will most certainly end up in the circular file. Don't hold your breath for these "investigations" you request, they will not be forthcoming.

You are truly one whacked out dude!

Guest Guest
You forgot to tell him you dont even live here ed - LOL

Your rants and letters are laughable and are so obviously from a very sick man that they will most certainly end up in the circular file. Don't hold your breath for these "investigations" you request, they will not be forthcoming.

You are truly one whacked out dude!

Keep saying that. Maybe it will be true.

Tell us why you want to pay for 81% increase in water. I'm curious. It flies in the face of common sense, so explain it to us.

Guest Guest

Hey Ed,

Why don't you stop speaking for the people of Binghamton, since you do not even live here with us. Send a letter to the mayor of JC or something. Frankly I would rather have Ryan represent us then you. My mother always said "to mind your own business". Maybe that is a good suggestion for you.

Hey Ed,

Why don't you stop speaking for the people of Binghamton, since you do not even live here with us. Send a letter to the mayor of JC or something. Frankly I would rather have Ryan represent us then you. My mother always said "to mind your own business". Maybe that is a good suggestion for you.

Why do you want to pay an 81% increasse in water rates when it is unnecassary?

City of Binghamton Corporate Council Ken Franks not only speaks for Binghamton but he gets paid by it and he lives in Vestal!!!! Any problem with that?

Guest Guest
Di Napoli got a follow up letter today.

Surely he will snap right to it. After all, you're a man that can call a "city wide" meeting and get 10 people to attend. You didn't forget to copy all local media, did you?

Guest Guest

30 peopll attend the meeting last week, inlcuding WBNG, NewsChannel34 and then News 10 Now. A hundred people will attend the next one mid-May.

Of course the media was copied on the Di Napoli letter jus tliek the one to Controller John Cox. Whty don't you cal the news media ansd ask them.

But you have not answered the questions:

City of Binghamton Corporate Council Ken Franks not only speaks for Binghamton but he gets paid by it and he lives in Vestal!!!! Any problem with that?

Why won't you answer the questions

Guest Guest
30 peopll attend the meeting last week, inlcuding WBNG, NewsChannel34 and then News 10 Now. A hundred people will attend the next one mid-May.

Of course the media was copied on the Di Napoli letter jus tliek the one to Controller John Cox. Whty don't you cal the news media ansd ask them.

But you have not answered the questions:

Why won't you answer the questions

Wow, all of 30 people, was it? That's huge, city wide, man. Your questions are falsely premised, as if the choice is agree with you or support an 81% increase. Asking such questions repeatedly is standard fare for someone like you. It's not honest, but not surprising.

Guest Guest
so you cannot answet the question, can you?

It's a dishonest question from a dishonest individual that is a pawn of one of our area's most dishonest groups.

Guest Guest
It's a dishonest question from a dishonest individual that is a pawn of one of our area's most dishonest groups.

What is dishonest about this:

Why do you want to pay an 81% increase in water rates when it is unnecassary?

Somebody complained about me speaking for Binghamtot becuase I only work there. Ken Franks speaks for Binghamton and draws a salary from Binghamton and he lives in Vestal.

Why the hypocrisy and double standard?

Guest Guest

Somebody complained about me speaking for Binghamtot becuase I only work there. Ken Franks speaks for Binghamton and draws a salary from Binghamton and he lives in Vestal.

What does that tell you about Mayor Matthew T. Ryan who has been an attorney in Binghamton for 18 years but still cannot find one other Binghamton attorney to work with him????

Ryan has to get a Binghamton corporate council from Vestal.....

Ryan, the hypocrite, likes to say how he works with Binghamton University and Broome Community College and how we need to keep their graduates here but none of them will work for Ryan eithe. He has to hire his Community Relations Director A&W Block a guy who is a graduate of Vassar Girl's college and resident of New York City. Block has no ties whatsoever to the City he is handling relations for.

Typical Ryan hypocrisy.

You cannot believe a word the guy says.

Guest Guest

A question that assumes you must agree with Ed Arzoonyan, the Kradjian pawn, or support and 81% water rate increase, is a dishonest question. That you keep repeating the same question, as if it is legitimate, proves that you are extremely dishonest, or incredibly dense. In either case, that is not someone who should be looked to as a leader on this issue.

@

Guest Guest
What does that tell you about Mayor Matthew T. Ryan who has been an attorney in Binghamton for 18 years but still cannot find one other Binghamton attorney to work with him????

Ryan has to get a Binghamton corporate council from Vestal.....

Ryan, the hypocrite, likes to say how he works with Binghamton University and Broome Community College and how we need to keep their graduates here but none of them will work for Ryan eithe. He has to hire his Community Relations Director A&W Block a guy who is a graduate of Vassar Girl's college and resident of New York City. Block has no ties whatsoever to the City he is handling relations for.

Typical Ryan hypocrisy.

You cannot believe a word the guy says.

No replies possible to this, huh!

Hey Ed,

He can speak for me and I know a lot of people who agree. Truth is, your days are numbered! :wacko:

Guest Guest
He can speak for me and I know a lot of people who agree. Truth is, your days are numbered! :wacko:

You and the 9 others at his big He-Man Ryan Hater's Club meeting? Impressive. City wide. Huge.

Guest Guest

30 people, three TV stations....

I guess you can bend over and take Ryan's 81% water rate increase if you like, some of us will do all we can to stop it.

You can thank us later.

Guest Guest
30 people, three TV stations....

I guess you can bend over and take Ryan's 81% water rate increase if you like, some of us will do all we can to stop it.

You can thank us later.

Boy, 30 people. That's way more than 10, and truly rallying the masses.

Thank you for what? None of your stupid letters, Ryan hating sessions, or internet trolling will change squat.

All you will do Ed, is what your bosses the Kradjians tell you to do.

@

Guest Guest

30 people is more than all the neighborhood assemblies got except for the East Side one run by Ed Crumb who basically forced out Citizen Action from there. It is more than most City Council meetings

An "important" North Side Assembly meeting about that still missing grocery store that had in attendance Mayor Ryan, Merry Harris, Jim Dessauer, Lea Webb, and other city officials drew about 6 citizens.....

You call a meeting here and se how many people attend

Guest Guest
30 people is more than all the neighborhood assemblies got except for the East Side one run by Ed Crumb who basically forced out Citizen Action from there. It is more than most City Council meetings

An "important" North Side Assembly meeting about that still missing grocery store that had in attendance Mayor Ryan, Merry Harris, Jim Dessauer, Lea Webb, and other city officials drew about 6 citizens.....

You call a meeting here and se how many people attend

But you are the great leader Ed Arzoonyian. Surely your name recognition alone would bring out hundreds. In fact you posted that your participation would boost attendance. So how much did it increase, from 6 to 10? Maybe you can get Criss Angel to make a hundred people appear at the next meeting of the He-Man Ryan Hater's Club.

Archived