new buses

Guest concerned

Guest concerned

Whye does Broome County need full size buses? Has anyone ever seen any of these full size buses actually full. Iam sure there are times on certain routes where the bus may be full to capacity, but the majority of the time they are empty. Why not purchase smaller type buses and use them on routes where full size buses are not needed.

Guest Guest
Whye does Broome County need full size buses? Has anyone ever seen any of these full size buses actually full. Iam sure there are times on certain routes where the bus may be full to capacity, but the majority of the time they are empty. Why not purchase smaller type buses and use them on routes where full size buses are not needed.

When Binghamton University is in session I have riden on completley full buses with several people standing. But a lot of the time buses are less than full.

Guest Guest

I'm gonna guess here....

The buses that are in use are probably either paid for or partially paid for.

If that's the case, why would we incur the expense of a fleet of new buses?

If the buses came my way I would ride them! $10 a week to drive to and from work sounds a lot better than the $40 it takes to fill my car. If they were truly Broome County Buses they would go from one end of the county to the other. As is there are none at all to the west side of Vestal without having to go to the east past where I work to get to one. Guess I'll be biking it instead.

@

Archived