The bears are back in Kirkwood

Guest Guest

Guest Guest-Kirkwood

That's right, they will not attack. With all the bears around here now, have you heard of even one??

There isn't one documented case of a black bear attacking a human even in defense of her cubs.

Check it out.

@

Guest Grizz

Like the other guy said, bears are very easy going, before you act, look em up, they will always run from you, I know because I have been watching bears in my back yard on a regular basis for 10 years now, The guy who shot the one chasing his dog, well there is more to that story then he is telling, I think he shot first, and made up the story later, I do agree that the DEC should consider a hunting season for them here, to keep the population under control, for the health of the bears them self.

Guest Guest
i live on perry road too!!! are you serious? no big deal? i have a dog and 3 kids...do you think they are harmless and do you really think they are back this year?

We've had bears on Perry Road for a lot of years, but haven't seen them much - just tracks. The last few years they've taken down bird feeders and broken through screen porches to get at garbage. I know neighbors, including me, who have many pictures of them. Late afternoon seems like a popular time for them. If you don't want to attract them, don't leave out garbage, bird seed, or pet food. The bears were here first.

@

Guest Guest-Windsor

For the past several years we have been fortunate enough to see many bears in our yard. I've tried to get close enough to take good photos but they will always turn away as I approach them; they are very shy. I bought a camera with a 10X zoom so hopefully I can do better this year.

You should be more afraid of a bee.

i think that is a bit out of control for what i am talking about...

your way over doing it there. These are little black bears, who are more afraid of you than you are of them, Unless they feel they are in danger

Guest BC Voice of Reason
That's right, they will not attack. With all the bears around here now, have you heard of even one??

There isn't one documented case of a black bear attacking a human even in defense of her cubs.

Check it out.

@

I checked it out, and it looks like you're very wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal...erica_by_decade

Although rare, black bears do kill people. In the past ten years more people have been killed by black bears than by brown and grizzly bears combined.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
How does being killed by any Bear compare with:

Being killed by a Drunk Driver ?

Being struck and killed by lightning ?

Average of 3 people a year are killed as a result of a bear attack.

Average of 73 people a year are killed as a result of lightning.

Average of 17,000 people a year are killed as a result of drunk driving.

@

Archived