The Downtown Cowboy

Pepper Johnson

I haven't seen the elderly man who dresses like a cowboy around town in a while. Is he still around? Last time I saw him was on Robinson Street dressed in a blue cowboy outfit. Must have been a couple years ago now.

They moved him to the west Texas town of El Paso.

I haven't seen the elderly man who dresses like a cowboy around town in a while. Is he still around? Last time I saw him was on Robinson Street dressed in a blue cowboy outfit. Must have been a couple years ago now.

He's been around for a lot of years and wears his six guns, cowboy getup etc. He is very harmless.

My wife taught, at the YMCA, aerobics for a while and he used to call her Priscilla, lol. She said he is a little slow but a sweet ol guy. "Hey" he is just doing his thing". Giddy up!!!

Guess he is one of our colorful characters in down town Binghamton.

Guest Guest

A couple of years ago my son was coming out of the Giant on the east side with my grandson when this guy pulled one of his toy six-guns on him. My son had no idea who this guy was. He pushed his son to the ground and threw a bag of groceries at him. If one of the 'locals' didn't step in my son could have done some serious harm to this guy. The guy may be harmless but he needs to be taken away by the Good Humor Man.

A couple of years ago my son was coming out of the Giant on the east side with my grandson when this guy pulled one of his toy six-guns on him. My son had no idea who this guy was. He pushed his son to the ground and threw a bag of groceries at him. If one of the 'locals' didn't step in my son could have done some serious harm to this guy. The guy may be harmless but he needs to be taken away by the Good Humor Man.

I find that a bit hard to believe. If you have ever seen the guy, nobody could take him seriously. He weighs all of 90 lbs. and his outfit including his 6 shooters are visibly fake. Maybe your son is the one who needs to take a tour with the good humor man.

Sounds like another exaggerated story. We need more harmless cowboys with cap guns patrolling the streets .

I find that a bit hard to believe. If you have ever seen the guy, nobody could take him seriously. He weighs all of 90 lbs. and his outfit including his 6 shooters are visibly fake. Maybe your son is the one who needs to take a tour with the good humor man.

Your so CORRECT. The Binghamton Cowboy is totally harmless.

The one person that really made me do a second look was the bald guy in is orange To-To outfit walking down by Tom and Marty's on State Street a few weeks ago. I know it's not polite, but it was one of the hardest times I've ever had not breaking out laughing.

Guest Guest

Sorry, the story is true. It doesn't matter how big the guy is, if you don't know him a he pulls a gun and you don't know it's a toy bad things can happen.

Sorry, the story is true. It doesn't matter how big the guy is, if you don't know him a he pulls a gun and you don't know it's a toy bad things can happen.

I think if that really happened and your son approach the 90 lb. cowboy guy like he was going to assault him, the 90 lb. guy would have beat your son's butt! :lol::lol:

@

Guest Worried and confused

Your son isn't a cop is he :blink:

Guest Guest

he comes into the giant all the time, calls me jacki chan..9im not even asian) all us giant employes love him. he comes in and talks to every one, never causes a problum. yesterday he was telling every one hes goin on a long road trip to PA. lol. he would never pull his guns out on any one. mayb ur sons a liar?

@

he comes into the giant all the time, calls me jacki chan..9im not even asian) all us giant employes love him. he comes in and talks to every one, never causes a problum. yesterday he was telling every one hes goin on a long road trip to PA. lol. he would never pull his guns out on any one. mayb ur sons a liar?

@

No doubt!!! I agree!!!

On a side note, dude investigate the spell check! you know the little abc with a check mark at the top right side of your posting page.

@

Archived