Can and Bottle Drives

BlackKnight

Does anyone know if there is a group or origination in the Kirkwood area that have a can and bottle drive? I refuse to return empties to the store, I will not stand there and shove bottles and cans through a hole in the wall. I have never taken back my empties, just throw them in the trash. I would prefer giving them to a school group or don't the kids do that anymore? When I lived in Norwich some guy had a shed in his backyard which was next to the street the school was on and collected them for the Booster Club. Be nice if someone did that around here.

Does anyone know if there is a group or origination in the Kirkwood area that have a can and bottle drive? I refuse to return empties to the store, I will not stand there and shove bottles and cans through a hole in the wall. I have never taken back my empties, just throw them in the trash. I would prefer giving them to a school group or don't the kids do that anymore? When I lived in Norwich some guy had a shed in his backyard which was next to the street the school was on and collected them for the Booster Club. Be nice if someone did that around here.

Maybe you can start one yourself .. That would be great ........

Guest guest

Either Windsor or SUsquehanna Valley schools seem to have frequent bottle drives and they do pick up if you let them know, May 10th there is one at SV High School.

Maybe you can start one yourself .. That would be great ........

I don't think the owners of my apartment complex would like that much. They already are pitching a fit over people dropping the cigarette butts all over the place and not picking up after their dogs.

I'd bet if you put them out to the curb in clear bags, someone would pick them up and return them for the $$$ themselves.

I'm not sure if they still do this, but The Can Man used to pick up your returnables and pay you. You have to have at least 300.

Either Windsor or SUsquehanna Valley schools seem to have frequent bottle drives and they do pick up if you let them know, May 10th there is one at SV High School.

Thanks, I will ask some of the kids who live around here if they know anything about it.

Guest Guest

The Windsor youth Soccer program will take them! Contact Mark Beaudoin 6551344

You could donate them to my son's gas fund.--lol He collects them from family when he comes home to visit from collage and uses it for gas money. I hate returning them too.

@

Archived