The next ice age is approaching

Guest Guest

Just your use of the "Rushonian" form of Al Gore's name cast doubt on your source of information.

Phil Chapman is a geophysicist and astronautical engineer who lives in San Francisco. He was the first Australian to become a NASA astronaut.

You have a problem with this guy as a source of information?

@

Phil Chapman is a geophysicist and astronautical engineer who lives in San Francisco. He was the first Australian to become a NASA astronaut.

You have a problem with this guy as a source of information?

Actually I have two problems with the original post. The first being that the OP presents Mr. Chapman as the final authority on the issue of global warming when there are a multitude of statements by various organizations that contradict his assumptions. And in support of my statement I submit the following links:

My second issue is the use of Mr. Gore's name presented in what I call the "Rushonian" way as a means of belittling Mr. Gore and his well documented thoughts on global warming.

This attempt to ridicule Mr. Gore was contrived by the infamous drug addict, Rush Limbaugh and is perpetuated by those of lesser intellects as they endeavor to emulate him.

Guest Guest
Actually I have two problems with the original post. The first being that the OP presents Mr. Chapman as the final authority on the issue of global warming when there are a multitude of statements by various organizations that contradict his assumptions. And in support of my statement I submit the following links:

My second issue is the use of Mr. Gore's name presented in what I call the "Rushonian" way as a means of belittling Mr. Gore and his well documented thoughts on global warming.

This attempt to ridicule Mr. Gore was contrived by the infamous drug addict, Rush Limbaugh and is perpetuated by those of lesser intellects as they endeavor to emulate him.

Couold not have said it better myself - thanks.

Couold not have said it better myself - thanks.

I could,Al Gore is a retard,global warming is another gimmick to get the stupid voter to vote for them,those links quote the IPCC,Al is the head of the IPCC,Al should let the real scientists handle the Earth's climate,it's not like this winter had record cold temperature or anything.

Guest Guest

Is $4 a gallon gas a gimmick that the Reps are going to use to capture votes in Nov.?

It's coming.

I can't help but notice that whenever the price of gas surges upwards, the attacks on Gore, Hillary, Kerry and others here on BCV follow suit.

What.....you think that if you keep us busy responding to your troll posts that we won't notice the hole in our wallet and the continued historic profits of Exxon??

Most polls will tell you that 3/4 of us aren't as stoopit as you need us to be.

@

I could,Al Gore is a retard,global warming is another gimmick to get the stupid voter to vote for them,those links quote the IPCC,Al is the head of the IPCC,Al should let the real scientists handle the Earth's climate,it's not like this winter had record cold temperature or anything.

Well, basically I guess there is only one thing to say .... You don't know what you're talking about.

For clear and concise information on the IPCC go to http://www.ipcc.ch/about/index.htm ... That is part of their Home Page and I can't find anywhere on it that says Al Gore is the head of the organization.

Also, it will give you tons of information regarding the many scientists involved in its studies.

Well, basically I guess there is only one thing to say .... You don't know what you're talking about.

For clear and concise information on the IPCC go to http://www.ipcc.ch/about/index.htm ... That is part of their Home Page and I can't find anywhere on it that says Al Gore is the head of the organization.

Also, it will give you tons of information regarding the many scientists involved in its studies.

I found this right on that website- Oslo, 10 December 07 - The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and Albert Arnold (Al) Gore Jr. were awarded of the Nobel Peace Prize "for their efforts to build up and disseminate greater knowledge about man-made climate change, and to lay the foundations for the measures that are needed to counteract such change".

I'm sure IPCC will have a good explanation for this winter,and when they do then I'll know what I'm talking about.I was being sarcastic about Al being the head of that organization.

@

I found this right on that website- Oslo, 10 December 07 - The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and Albert Arnold (Al) Gore Jr. were awarded of the Nobel Peace Prize "for their efforts to build up and disseminate greater knowledge about man-made climate change, and to lay the foundations for the measures that are needed to counteract such change".

I'm sure IPCC will have a good explanation for this winter,and when they do then I'll know what I'm talking about.I was being sarcastic about Al being the head of that organization.

@

I didn't recognize your sarcasm re: Al Gore's leadership of the IPCC ... sorry. But it is true that both AG and the IPCC received Nobels.

The way I understand it, and I'll be the first to admit I have limited understanding in this area ... limited to what I read, it isn't so much the coldness of the winters that are a concern but the heat of the rest of the year that's causing problems.

I didn't recognize your sarcasm re: Al Gore's leadership of the IPCC ... sorry. But it is true that both AG and the IPCC received Nobels.

The way I understand it, and I'll be the first to admit I have limited understanding in this area ... limited to what I read, it isn't so much the coldness of the winters that are a concern but the heat of the rest of the year that's causing problems.

Well I pretty sure it's supposed to be hot in the summer,the real concern is if Al says the globe is getting warmer the whole globe all year then why are records for cold temperature broken this year how can this be explained,be careful what you read the Democrats are liars and communists and they prey on the stupid voter.

@

Guest Guest

It goes without saying that climate realists around the world believe Nobel Laureate Al Gore used false information throughout his schlockumentary "An Inconvenient Truth" in order to generate global warming hysteria.

On Friday, it was revealed by ABC News that one of the famous shots of supposed Antarctic ice shelves in the film was actually a computer-generated image from the 2004 science fiction blockbuster "The Day After Tomorrow." [audio available here]

Adding delicious insult to injury, this was presented by one of ABC's foremost global warming alarmists Sam Champion during Friday's "20/20":

Story Continues Below Ad ↓

SAM CHAMPION (ABC NEWS)

(Voiceover) Al Gore's 2006 documentary, 'An Inconvenient Truth," makes the same point with actual video of ice shelves calving. Which shots have more impact?

AL GORE (FORMER UNITED STATES VICE PRESIDENT)

And if you were flying over it in a helicopter, you'd see it's 700 feet tall. They are so majestic.

SAM CHAMPION (ABC NEWS)

(Voiceover) Wait a minute, that shot looks just like the one in the opening credits of "The Day After Tomorrow."

KAREN GOULEKAS (VISUAL EFFECTS SUPERVISOR)

Yeah, that's, that's our shot. That's a fully computer generated shot. There's nothing real in there.

SAM CHAMPION (ABC NEWS)

(Voiceover) Audiences expect Hollywood to twist fact into fiction. But Gore's documentary does the opposite, using a fake shot to make a real point, that ice shelves are disappearing, and vanishing ice means global warming.

Apparently, ABC tried to get a comment from Gore concerning the matter, but none was forthcoming:

(Off-camera) And it raises another question for you to consider. Is it wrong for a documentary to use a fabricated Hollywood shot to make a point, even if there's science behind it? Well, we tried to ask Al Gore and the movie studio, but neither responded to our calls.

I wonder why.

Yet, another mystery here is that ABC posted a video of this segment at its website. However, for some reason, the clip ends BEFORE the discussion of Gore's film.

I wonder why.

And if I thought you would even begin to actually pay attention to the amount of lies that are being told on this subject I could put up literally 100's of post similar to this one about the warmingest in chief.

Guest Guest
It goes without saying that climate realists around the world believe Nobel Laureate Al Gore used false information throughout his schlockumentary "An Inconvenient Truth" in order to generate global warming hysteria.

On Friday, it was revealed by ABC News that one of the famous shots of supposed Antarctic ice shelves in the film was actually a computer-generated image from the 2004 science fiction blockbuster "The Day After Tomorrow." [audio available here]

Adding delicious insult to injury, this was presented by one of ABC's foremost global warming alarmists Sam Champion during Friday's "20/20":

Story Continues Below Ad ↓

SAM CHAMPION (ABC NEWS)

(Voiceover) Al Gore's 2006 documentary, 'An Inconvenient Truth," makes the same point with actual video of ice shelves calving. Which shots have more impact?

AL GORE (FORMER UNITED STATES VICE PRESIDENT)

And if you were flying over it in a helicopter, you'd see it's 700 feet tall. They are so majestic.

SAM CHAMPION (ABC NEWS)

(Voiceover) Wait a minute, that shot looks just like the one in the opening credits of "The Day After Tomorrow."

KAREN GOULEKAS (VISUAL EFFECTS SUPERVISOR)

Yeah, that's, that's our shot. That's a fully computer generated shot. There's nothing real in there.

SAM CHAMPION (ABC NEWS)

(Voiceover) Audiences expect Hollywood to twist fact into fiction. But Gore's documentary does the opposite, using a fake shot to make a real point, that ice shelves are disappearing, and vanishing ice means global warming.

Apparently, ABC tried to get a comment from Gore concerning the matter, but none was forthcoming:

(Off-camera) And it raises another question for you to consider. Is it wrong for a documentary to use a fabricated Hollywood shot to make a point, even if there's science behind it? Well, we tried to ask Al Gore and the movie studio, but neither responded to our calls.

I wonder why.

Yet, another mystery here is that ABC posted a video of this segment at its website. However, for some reason, the clip ends BEFORE the discussion of Gore's film.

I wonder why.

And if I thought you would even begin to actually pay attention to the amount of lies that are being told on this subject I could put up literally 100's of post similar to this one about the warmingest in chief.

Here is a link to the video. Otherwise the Gorebots would not believe it.

http://newsbusters.org/node/20680?q=blogs/...onvenient-truth

@

Guest Guest-Fred-*

I read the thing about the ice age, and remember back in college - 20 years ago, my Geology 101 professor saying Earth was past due for an ice age. If this stuff is right, then all you anti Al Gore folk might want to wish Al was right.

@

I read the thing about the ice age, and remember back in college - 20 years ago, my Geology 101 professor saying Earth was past due for an ice age. If this stuff is right, then all you anti Al Gore folk might want to wish Al was right.

@

Maybe,but Al will never be right about anything,ever.

Guest Guest
avitars?avitars?...avitars?log in next time sucker

Why should I log in, is Galvatron your real name?

Do you sleep on C3PO sheets as well?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling

You see, it is just rehashing of ideas from times past.

Do I think that the Earth is heating up? Yes. Do I think that it is due to human activity? No. Will it cool down again? Yes.

That being said, you don't need to be a pope to figure out that we need to be stewards of the environment and take care of what we have.

TWS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling

You see, it is just rehashing of ideas from times past.

Do I think that the Earth is heating up? Yes. Do I think that it is due to human activity? No. Will it cool down again? Yes.

That being said, you don't need to be a pope to figure out that we need to be stewards of the environment and take care of what we have.

TWS

You don't think we, as humans, are in any way responsible for any of the CO2 put into the air that is causing the climate change?

Archived