unkept properties

Guest GuestD

Guest GuestD

Is there such thing as local laws to enforce propertiy owners to clean up there yards? I have heard of the city of binghamton enforcing such a rule. Does West Windsor have such a law? I have watched a beuatiful property get turned into a dump. trash tossed out the doors, broken down cars in the yard. furniture tossed into the yards. It is not only a mess, it attracts the rodents and other critters of the night. The trash is carried into other properties, making those properties look shameful. Not only s it an eye sore, it brings down the value of surrounding properties and make the entire area unsightful. Drive up north road and take a look.

Is there such thing as local laws to enforce propertiy owners to clean up there yards? I have heard of the city of binghamton enforcing such a rule. Does West Windsor have such a law? I have watched a beuatiful property get turned into a dump. trash tossed out the doors, broken down cars in the yard. furniture tossed into the yards. It is not only a mess, it attracts the rodents and other critters of the night. The trash is carried into other properties, making those properties look shameful. Not only s it an eye sore, it brings down the value of surrounding properties and make the entire area unsightful. Drive up north road and take a look.

Just toss a flare in that old car .. That will get some attention ......... ;)

It's called creating habitat. Critters need a place to live too.

Guest Guest-Mick-*

JC FLORIST!

Is Harry Lewis getting a kick back?

The worst dump and it grows and grows by the day. IN the middle of an important business area it is left to see it rot while others around it try to do business. No way can it encourage others to come into the area.. It doesn't speak well for the area nor the Mayor of JC nor Binghamton.

If I were Mayor Lewis and his code enforcement I would dare not target anyone's home or business for being out of code,what a crock that whole code business is..

Guest Trivia Freak

The Town of Union is right up there with no zoning or code enforcement. Go down Airport Rd just past old IBM Glendale and see the sights. One house has a camping trailer sitting on the front lawn old tires strewn all over,garbage and old toy's scattered all over. And if you go by at the right time, you can see two truck's parked on Airport Rd. with trailer's attached,full of old furniture and just a load of crap. Does the town say anything? NO WAY. Then go down 17C just pass Bornt Hill Rd. and you'll see a car lot with a driveway ,running from Bornt Hill Rd.to Endicott Precision.

This company Endicott Precision, apparently thinks that they are above code and zoning laws. The zoning law states that there should be a fence to provide privacy for any private residence next to a service area. Not only is there not a fence, when this guy's people mow the lawn along the3 driveway,they do not mow to the curb as stated in the code. All weed's and any unsightly growth is to be cleaned up.When I filed a complaint with the town ,I got a letter from some peon at the zoning board telling me that it is stated in the zoning law about the fence ,the company doesn't

have to adhere to the code. And that this company is one of the" Premiere Properties" in the town .Nay Nay I say. The owner is a loudmouth,crude,business owner who thinks he can do whatever suits him. Can you say money talks,nobody walks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest
JC FLORIST!

Is Harry Lewis getting a kick back?

The worst dump and it grows and grows by the day. IN the middle of an important business area it is left to see it rot while others around it try to do business. No way can it encourage others to come into the area.. It doesn't speak well for the area nor the Mayor of JC nor Binghamton.

If I were Mayor Lewis and his code enforcement I would dare not target anyone's home or business for being out of code,what a crock that whole code business is..

This property is NOT in the village of JC. It is in the Town Of Union. It is TOU's code departments problem. Check it out, you'll see I'm right.

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
Guest Guest

the term is " umkempt " ---

Guest Guest SIERRA
Guest Guest
good for you. the spelling should help with the growing problem in this area.

oh, i seriously doubt that. there is nothing you can do to stop the way the greater bingamton area is going. it's on a crash course (sadly) with a destiny of decay. it is going to resemble pittsburgh in the 70's. it's going to get worse before it gets better. i love the southern tier and it saddens me to read, on this blog, the stuff that is occurring there now. however your sarcasm is not lost on me, i read right through it. oh, and enjoy it. ( or should i say "en-joie" it ) so, take that, you finger wagger.

@

Archived