Africa In April Celebration

Hunter

If ya'll aint never seen Africa in April then ya'll need to come down here and see it and visit for a spell. The diversity of humanity would bring tears to the eyes of any true liberal. It sure does bring tears to my eyes!!!!! Find below an e-mail which was sent to a black, orange-haired member of our city council which describes the wonders of Africa in April in somewhat graphic detail.

To: Janis.Fullilove@memphistn.govDate: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 12:57:55 EDTSubject: Downtown Memphis

Janis, I went downtown yesterday to have a good time and enjoy Africa in April. I was driving down Third street and the traffic was bumper to bumper. These young black folks were acting damn fool down there! They were in these late model & other cars with their music loud enough to wake the dead! They were bucking, bouncing their cars and near missing hitting peoples cars. Just mad behavior!

I couldn't begin to put into words what all of this looked like, but decent folks were looking scared as hell and because the traffic, there was no way out! They were weaving and bobbing in and out of traffic and literally driving all up on the sidewalks! They were surfing, which means that they were riding with their car doors open, while hanging out of the door and some of them were also sitting on the passenger window of their cars! Both females and males were doing this. They were getting out of their cars dancing that jucking and bucking crap that they do here in Memphis; just all in the middle of the street dancing. They were just acting like wild animals!

Now here is my issue with all of this; we all know that most of them aren't going downtown to spend any money. Let's just keep it real. But they are potentially scaring off decent people who are going downtown to spend money! All that's bound to happen is that they will end up causing trouble, wrecking someone's car or killing someone or themselves. The police know that this is going on, so why aren't they there to stop this?? I didn't see police presence until I got up to Beale Street. So, from the Fed Ex Forum back, all of this animalistic activity is going on! Am I mistaken in thinking that Memphis City Council had put forth ordinances to stop all of this kind of mess some time back?

If the Mayor and the City Council want to continue to attract visitors and want the citizens of Memphis to feel comfortable and enjoy coming Downtown, law ENFORCEMENT need to get on their job! I want to know what is going to be done about this!!! And speaking of visitors, what would you think if you were visiting Downtown Memphis and saw that the Police weren't doing a thing about something like this? Also, we know that this type of behavior wouldn't be tolerated in Germantown, Collierville and other surrounding areas, so why isn't anything done about it in Memphis?

Guest Porch Monkey
If ya'll aint never seen Africa in April then ya'll need to come down here and see it and visit for a spell. The diversity of humanity would bring tears to the eyes of any true liberal. It sure does bring tears to my eyes!!!!! Find below an e-mail which was sent to a black, orange-haired member of our city council which describes the wonders of Africa in April in somewhat graphic detail.

To: Janis.Fullilove@memphistn.govDate: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 12:57:55 EDTSubject: Downtown Memphis

Janis, I went downtown yesterday to have a good time and enjoy Africa in April. I was driving down Third street and the traffic was bumper to bumper. These young black folks were acting damn fool down there! They were in these late model & other cars with their music loud enough to wake the dead! They were bucking, bouncing their cars and near missing hitting peoples cars. Just mad behavior!

I couldn't begin to put into words what all of this looked like, but decent folks were looking scared as hell and because the traffic, there was no way out! They were weaving and bobbing in and out of traffic and literally driving all up on the sidewalks! They were surfing, which means that they were riding with their car doors open, while hanging out of the door and some of them were also sitting on the passenger window of their cars! Both females and males were doing this. They were getting out of their cars dancing that jucking and bucking crap that they do here in Memphis; just all in the middle of the street dancing. They were just acting like wild animals!

Now here is my issue with all of this; we all know that most of them aren't going downtown to spend any money. Let's just keep it real. But they are potentially scaring off decent people who are going downtown to spend money! All that's bound to happen is that they will end up causing trouble, wrecking someone's car or killing someone or themselves. The police know that this is going on, so why aren't they there to stop this?? I didn't see police presence until I got up to Beale Street. So, from the Fed Ex Forum back, all of this animalistic activity is going on! Am I mistaken in thinking that Memphis City Council had put forth ordinances to stop all of this kind of mess some time back?

If the Mayor and the City Council want to continue to attract visitors and want the citizens of Memphis to feel comfortable and enjoy coming Downtown, law ENFORCEMENT need to get on their job! I want to know what is going to be done about this!!! And speaking of visitors, what would you think if you were visiting Downtown Memphis and saw that the Police weren't doing a thing about something like this? Also, we know that this type of behavior wouldn't be tolerated in Germantown, Collierville and other surrounding areas, so why isn't anything done about it in Memphis?

I thought you were talking about Port O Prince Haiti or some city in Nigeria

:blink:

Archived