Guardian Angels - Why not here?

The West Sider

Why bring the Guardian Angels here? If the area law enforcement were actually doing their jobs, instead of revenue raising we might be better off!

More like if they were 'allowed' to do their jobs. To be honest, I think that law enforcement does a good job.

My point is that any little thing that you can add as a resource would help.

TWS

More like if they were 'allowed' to do their jobs. To be honest, I think that law enforcement does a good job.

My point is that any little thing that you can add as a resource would help.

TWS

From what I've known about them int he past, they usually only volunteer to come in if things are getting bad. Compared to where I used to live, things to me here aren't that bad, yet. But I guess it's all relative.

Guest Guest

I have said in the past, all people need to do is fight back by doing the same thing the criminal element are. If they hang out on the street corner, you and some of your friends hang out on the opposite corner. Dont antagonize them or anything. Just observe while chatting with your friends. As soon as you see illegal activity, call the police.

Criminals are going to do their activity no matter what. You are the only person that can control your neighborhood. When I lived on State St. years ago, I had a problem with local thugs doing what thugs do. I was in my yard and very visible till the wee hours of the morning. After a few weeks, they moved their activity a few blocks south. If a few representatives from every neighborhood were to step up, you could have a nicer neighborhood in a month.

You are stronger, smarter, have more resources, and have much more motive to take back your neighborhood than they to keep it. Get the Police involved and let them know your intention to organize an ACTIVE neighborhood watch as opposed to a passive one with signs to "tag". They can either be on board and actively help you or they can face the fury of the public.

It is all up to you. You can turn off your computer and do something or you can complain on here.

Personally, if I were you, I would move out of the city as fast as possible. I did and the quality of life improved 500%. I am healthier both mentally and physically and I get such a great night sleep in the summertime which never happened before living in the city.

Archived