cv boys soccer horrible

Guest Guest

ithaca?

please

you are missing owego.sv(who crushed ithaca this year)jc and me

i agree with owego and maybe jc but not M-E. M-E hasnt won anything lately and jc has been knocked out of sectionals before the final the past 2 seasons. SV? gimmie a break. when was the last time they beat anyone? owego, me, jc, all beat them up every year and efa beat them 4-0 the last time they played in 2006. i was at the ithaca sv game. ithaca played all their subs to rest injured players cuz the game didn't matter.

sv beat me the last two seasons before and split with owego and they lost all of those games without their leading scorer rathbun

they did NOT split with owego OR maine-endwell either of the last 2 seasons. now your just making things up

sv can't and hasn't beaten anyone in years

they did NOT split with owego OR maine-endwell either of the last 2 seasons. now your just making things up

sv can't and hasn't beaten anyone in years

true, I also know that SV didn't split with ME or Owego. It's pretty sad when someone starts to make up things to make their team look better.

they did not split beacause they only play them once so thats not possible but the year before they did beat me and lost to jc in the last 2 mins and i dont know what they did agaisnt owego but usally sv can win these games or keep it close at least

they did not split beacause they only play them once so thats not possible but the year before they did beat me and lost to jc in the last 2 mins and i dont know what they did agaisnt owego but usally sv can win these games or keep it close at least

M-E is another team that hasn't won anything recently, so it's not that big of a victory. Once SV beats a team like Vestal, Owego, or EFA then people can start talking about them. Here is the last games against those teams for SV

Owego - 4-2 L

Vestal - 8-0 L

EFA - 4-0 L

They've been outscored 16-2

sorry

they lost to jc 2-0 and they didnt score their two goals in the last minute

the year before it was 3-2 but jc scored all their goals way before the last two minutes

what games do you watch?

Agreed if they can't beat any of these teams they shouldn't be in the same conversation with them.

Guest former jv player
get rid of the coach and let the jv coach takeover

Yeah the jv coach is terrible

hes a legacy in his own mind. let him coach manchester, thats were he belongs.

Guest dont worry about it
mike andrew is awful and has no committment to this program. collect a pay check and pad the final average salary.

Well hes not very good. neither is jim mercik. i say you get rid of them both and start fresh with new coaches. mercik knows more about the game, but is a idiot when it comes to detecting talent, playing time, and overall coaching.

andrews doesnt know anything about soccer but is a fair coach,

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest
get rid of the coach and let the jv coach takeover

Well, Andrew should be retiring in a couple of years, so that's one of the two...

@

Guest guest
Jim mercik is the shit and cv has many kids who will be bringing talent to the field

if mercik is as good as you say what has he done with the program to help it grow? does he coach at the club level or encourage cv players to play club? what coaching licenses does he have? if he just coaches 2 months out of the year like andrew then when he takes over the program will remain the same. when you come up with valid proof of the above then maybe this program will win some games in their future.

Guest Guest

if mercik is as good as you say what has he done with the program to help it grow? does he coach at the club level or encourage cv players to play club? what coaching licenses does he have? if he just coaches 2 months out of the year like andrew then when he takes over the program will remain the same. when you come up with valid proof of the above then maybe this program will win some games in their future.

I think chenango valley didnt do that bad last year if im not mistaking they have some good kids with good ability.

Guest guest

I think chenango valley didnt do that bad last year if im not mistaking they have some good kids with good ability.

not sure what cv team you watched last season but there wins were against norwich, windsor, and whitney point. does not take much ability to beat those teams. please dont post on here with no knowledge of the game.

Guest Guest

As someone who knows Mr. Mercik more as a teacher and a neighbor I think you are way off base with your criticism of him. He has three kids at home all under the age of 7, his first duty is to them not to his JV soccer job at a school. If you have ever been a parent you would know that, family comes first for all good parents. He is very involved in our community activities which is far more important than coaching club soccer for CV. He and his wife moved into the CV district to become more involved in our community, thats enough said about his dedictaion to CV.

One day people will realize HS sports is a game and its there to expand kids experience in HS, its not all about winning and making kids into college athletes. Realize that of all HS athletes less than 10% will go on to play the sport in college, if your entire time is spent focus on sports you are missing what the majority of kids are there for.

Guest guest
As someone who knows Mr. Mercik more as a teacher and a neighbor I think you are way off base with your criticism of him. He has three kids at home all under the age of 7, his first duty is to them not to his JV soccer job at a school. If you have ever been a parent you would know that, family comes first for all good parents. He is very involved in our community activities which is far more important than coaching club soccer for CV. He and his wife moved into the CV district to become more involved in our community, thats enough said about his dedictaion to CV.

One day people will realize HS sports is a game and its there to expand kids experience in HS, its not all about winning and making kids into college athletes. Realize that of all HS athletes less than 10% will go on to play the sport in college, if your entire time is spent focus on sports you are missing what the majority of kids are there for.

no one ever questioned his dedication to his family or community. i am sure he is a great father and community supporter. the thread is questioning what he has done along with andrew to make the program better. high school sports are about winning not a feel good story of kids participating. if they cannot make the program better by working outside the season then new coaches are needed. do you think the cv baseball, football, and basketball teams are successful because they only play just during their season?? i think not. those kids and coaches are dedicated at least 10 months a year. thats a reality of running a program and making it successful. no one has anwered the questions in the previous posts because i guess they cant. if you can only come up with a defense like the one above than you prove the point of this thread for me.

Archived