appraiser for china dishes

buccaqueen

need a good appraiser for dishes & such. Can any one give me a name or place to go to have some old china oyster dish appraised?

They are probably not worth much, but take them over to Mapes Auctions just to make certain.

Guest Emporer
Bob Connely at Bob and Sally Connely's Antique shop on State St. in downtown Binghamton. He's a professional appraiser. Good luck!

OH PLEASE..That guy is such a crook...and Mapes won't appraise unless you pay them which might be worth more than the dish.

I suggest going on line, check for a "mark" on the back and search for it. Then go to ebay and look to see if any items are on there that are similar..if people are bidding a good amount then it's probably worth something..if not, it's probably some old kind of transfer wear that was common back in the day.

There are also online appraisal sites that will give you an honest appraisal just for sending them a picture of the object. Anyone in Broom county will screw you big time if you have something worth anything, they'll tell you it's value-less then offer you a few dollars and turn around and sell it in their shops for big bucks (hello-Connelly's)..

OH PLEASE..That guy is such a crook...and Mapes won't appraise unless you pay them which might be worth more than the dish.

I suggest going on line, check for a "mark" on the back and search for it. Then go to ebay and look to see if any items are on there that are similar..if people are bidding a good amount then it's probably worth something..if not, it's probably some old kind of transfer wear that was common back in the day.

There are also online appraisal sites that will give you an honest appraisal just for sending them a picture of the object. Anyone in Broom county will screw you big time if you have something worth anything, they'll tell you it's value-less then offer you a few dollars and turn around and sell it in their shops for big bucks (hello-Connelly's)..

I'm not really just antiques but when somebody comes into my shop I show them completed listings.

A few times I have actually lost money because sometimes theres a bid war and it inflates the actual value.

connelly is a crook - but mapes will not charge you for a vebal appraisal, so you are wrong about that.

need a good appraiser for dishes & such. Can any one give me a name or place to go to have some old china oyster dish appraised?

Actually your best bet is to go to Barnes and Noble and look them up yourself.....If you plan on selling them don't expect to get book value, but you should get anywhere from 50 to 70%...

Archived