Nicely said Richard Bucci

Ed Arzouian

I'm no big fan of former Binghamton Mayor Richard Bucci but I will give credit where credit is due.

At the commemoration for the Armenian Genocide at the Southside memorial park Richard Bucci spoke very well. Without notes or a written speech he showed an understanding of what transpired 93 years ago and what the current geopolitical situation today entails.

Bucci observed that by the Turkish government’s continued adamant denial of the Armenian Genocide they prove its truth.

Not bad for an Italian guy!

Mr. Bucci was then able to bring the past into current analogies with Darfur.

I was impressed and pleased. Mr. Bucci didn't have to be there, unless he is planning another mayoral run (he can do that, right?) but he was there.

Thank you for your appearance and your well delivered thoughts, Mr. Bucci.

Guest Guest
I'm no big fan of former Binghamton Mayor Richard Bucci but I will give credit where credit is due.

At the commemoration for the Armenian Genocide at the Southside memorial park Richard Bucci spoke very well. Without notes or a written speech he showed an understanding of what transpired 93 years ago and what the current geopolitical situation today entails.

Bucci observed that by the Turkish government’s continued adamant denial of the Armenian Genocide they prove its truth.

Not bad for an Italian guy!

Mr. Bucci was then able to bring the past into current analogies with Darfur.

I was impressed and pleased. Mr. Bucci didn't have to be there, unless he is planning another mayoral run (he can do that, right?) but he was there.

Thank you for your appearance and your well delivered thoughts, Mr. Bucci.

LUPARDO IS FINISHED.

Guest Guest

How do term limits work in Binghamton?? Buci could not run again for mayor because his term limit was up. I don't see how he could ever run again.

Guest Guest
Eight years and you are out.

But if you skip a term you maybe able to run again and if elected serve another eight years....

I doubt it. That would be like Bill Clinton running again for President.

How do term limits work in Binghamton?? Buci could not run again for mayor because his term limit was up. I don't see how he could ever run aI believe Bucci could run for Mayor again as the terms for Mayor wouldn't be consecutive. He waited a term, then it would be a new thing all over again.

I'm pretty sure that would also cover anyone who might entertain the idea of running again for City Council, as the terms wouldn't be continuous.

All I know is there has to be a lot of Binghamton voters who are kicking themselves for not voting for Drazen. Everything that DWD predicted would happen, has. Hope John, Tony & the rest are listening

post-68-1209351375.jpg

How do term limits work in Binghamton?? Buci could not run again for mayor because his term limit was up. I don't see how he could ever run aI believe Bucci could run for Mayor again as the terms for Mayor wouldn't be consecutive. He waited a term, then it would be a new thing all over again.

I'm pretty sure that would also cover anyone who might entertain the idea of running again for City Council, as the terms wouldn't be continuous.

All I know is there has to be a lot of Binghamton voters who are kicking themselves for not voting for Drazen. Everything that DWD predicted would happen, has. Hope John, Tony & the rest are listening

Doug Drazen cannot be elected in Broome County.

Drazen frightens half the electorate.

He will be a spoiler in any election he runs in. A vote for him will produce the very opposite result desired by the voter, as witnessed in the last Binghamton election.

I fully expect to hear now how he beat Naima for second place.

Big deal, less than 500 votes.

Naima will not run again. Get over it.

If Drazen runs he will split the right and open the door for the left of center candidate.

Guest Guest
If Drazen runs he will split the right and open the door for the left of center candidate.

This is the thinking that got Matt Ryan elected. No one gets a third of the vote in a three way race by "splitting the right". The suggestion that a "split right" elected Matt Ryan in 2005 is 100% false.

The local GOP leadership knew Kradjian could not win weeks before the '05 election. That is why they did not bring in the governor late in the campaign. They did not want his name associated with what they knew was a losing effort. Had they made that to known GOP rank and file voters, Ryan would not have won, but those voters went to the polls thinking a vote for Kradjian would stop Ryan, when it actually was a vote for Ryan.

Guest Guest

Again with Kradjian.

Get over it,she is not runing next year.

It won't matter Drazen will do the same with who ever runs if Drazen runs.

Guest Guest
Again with Kradjian.

Get over it,she is not runing next year.

It won't matter Drazen will do the same with who ever runs if Drazen runs.

It seems the person posting thousands of times about Matt Ryan, as well as thousands of times to himself to create the illusion he has throngs of fans, has some "getting over" to do.

Guest Guest
But back to Bucci.

Very nice to see him back in the public eye.

OK stop patting yourself on the back Nicky! Your not that great or important. Your the fool who quietly endorsed this fool of a Mayor were stuck with!

We have to tell everyone we know you did Booch!

I'm not "Booch."

I simply saw this thread go the route of ridiculous, like so many do here.

I don't believe Bucci, in any way, shape or form, endorsed Matt Ryan for mayor. If you think NOT endorsing Naima Kradjian or Doug Drazen is the equivalent of endorsing Matt Ryan, you're pretty far gone.

Guest Guest

When Burns ran, against Bucci, it was before the Term Limits law was put in place.

Even if the current law was in place then, Burns would have been allowed to run because the term he was seeking wasn't "consecutive."

Doug Drazen cannot be elected in Broome County.

Drazen frightens half the electorate.

He will be a spoiler in any election he runs in. A vote for him will produce the very opposite result desired by the voter, as witnessed in the last Binghamton election.

I fully expect to hear now how he beat Naima for second place.

Big deal, less than 500 votes.

Naima will not run again. Get over it.

Ummmm Ed....If Naima didn't run last time, I do believe you would have seen Drazen as mayor right now....

Guest Guest
I doubt it. That would be like Bill Clinton running again for President.

An amendment to the US Constitution (22nd) and city law are 2 different things

Guest Guest
Ummmm Ed....If Naima didn't run last time, I do believe you would have seen Drazen as mayor right now....

No, you would not because the Republican Party will ALWAYS run a candidate for Mayor so unless that candidate is Doug Drazen Drazen will always split the right of center vote.

Last time it happenned to be Naima.

Next election it wil be someone else.

There will always be a Republican Party Mayoral Candidate for the forseeable future.

Given that fact, any candidate running on a conservative platform will be splitting the Republican and conservative vote.

Even if Drazen were to run unopposed on the right I think many centrists would vote against him because his ideaology scares people.

@

Guest BCVoice Lover
I'm not "Booch."

I simply saw this thread go the route of ridiculous, like so many do here.

I don't believe Bucci, in any way, shape or form, endorsed Matt Ryan for mayor. If you think NOT endorsing Naima Kradjian or Doug Drazen is the equivalent of endorsing Matt Ryan, you're pretty far gone.

Actually your wrong! Bucci's send off party at the end of his term at the Holiday Arena his daughter at the mic said in front of everyone her dad was supporting Ryan that he could support anyone he wanted. This was directed at the Senator since Libous supported Namia Kradjian.

Archived