Nicely said Richard Bucci

Ed Arzouian

No, you would not because the Republican Party will ALWAYS run a candidate for Mayor so unless that candidate is Doug Drazen Drazen will always split the right of center vote.

Last time it happenned to be Naima.

Next election it wil be someone else.

There will always be a Republican Party Mayoral Candidate for the forseeable future.

Given that fact, any candidate running on a conservative platform will be splitting the Republican and conservative vote.

Even if Drazen were to run unopposed on the right I think many centrists would vote against him because his ideaology scares people.

@

Ed...What ideology would that be???......Nothing I heard him say scared me, as a matter of fact, if memory serves me right, he was pretty much on the ball with what he had to say...

But now that you bring it up, and I'm not bustin your gonads here, but wasn't one of Naimas big things during her campaign about providing wireless internet service to downtown Binghamton in order to bring in business??.....A bit of the kettle and pot thing don't you think?

@

Ed...What ideology would that be???......Nothing I heard him say scared me, as a matter of fact, if memory serves me right, he was pretty much on the ball with what he had to say...

But now that you bring it up, and I'm not bustin your gonads here, but wasn't one of Naimas big things during her campaign about providing wireless internet service to downtown Binghamton in order to bring in business??.....A bit of the kettle and pot thing don't you think?

Glad you brought that up. Naima did indeed mention wifi in July 2005. Ryan then followed suit and copied her.

By the time I arrived in August, I had already researched and suggested she back away from the idea or at least refrain from stating any costs because even then, August 2005, it was looking like the muni wifi idea was falling part. By 2006 it was more than apparent and by July 2007 it was more than obvious it was dead in the water.

Still Tarik Abdelaizm (did you vote for him) and Matthew T. Ryan went ahead with the idea. Six month later they got a report from Binghamton University Adjunct Lecturer Angelo Mastrangelo ignoring all the failures across the country.

As for Drazen's ideology it is far too right-wing and antiquated to gain any real appeal here. He got a protest vote last time without having to explain himself or submit to any scrunity.

Next election he can tell us about his family's tax problems and how his father lost the family building for startes and then will be more.

So ... Bucci's daughter said her father could support anyone he wanted.

And that equates to Bucci endorsing Ryan?

Bit of a stretch.

Bucci absolutely did NOT endorse Ryan. What Bucci did and said at home nowhere near constitutes an endorsement.

Guest Guest

Right, he just leaked information from City Hall to Ryan to help him along quietly...

Well, Bucci after 12 years has no legacy. Nothing in this town will bear his name until he dies.

He couldn't even get hired in Binghamton he went to work in Vestal.

Hey Ed,as long as he was talking about your roots he is okay but if anyone else says anythign about other nationalities they are scum in your eyes.What a bigot you are.

@

Guest Guest
I'm no big fan of former Binghamton Mayor Richard Bucci but I will give credit where credit is due.

At the commemoration for the Armenian Genocide at the Southside memorial park Richard Bucci spoke very well. Without notes or a written speech he showed an understanding of what transpired 93 years ago and what the current geopolitical situation today entails.

Bucci observed that by the Turkish government’s continued adamant denial of the Armenian Genocide they prove its truth.

Not bad for an Italian guy!

Mr. Bucci was then able to bring the past into current analogies with Darfur.

I was impressed and pleased. Mr. Bucci didn't have to be there, unless he is planning another mayoral run (he can do that, right?) but he was there.

Thank you for your appearance and your well delivered thoughts, Mr. Bucci.

No one likes your posts..........

Guest Guest
I hear Mick " The Quick " Broughton may run for Mayor and the word is he wants not allowed as his campaign manager.
:lol::lol::lol:

I know who Mick is = that's funny

Guest Guest

Bucci observed that by the Turkish government’s continued adamant denial of the Armenian Genocide they prove its truth.

Not bad for an Italian guy!

must be the armenians are better than the italians :rolleyes:

Archived