Car Inspection Places

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
Where is the best (and cheapest) place to get your car inspected? I need fast service too.

Waiting untill the last minute? Take it to KOST but it will probably cost you.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
Where is the best (and cheapest) place to get your car inspected? I need fast service too.

NY state inspection prices are regulated. 10 dollars for the safety inspection and 11 dollars for the emission check. Of course, if your vehicle has something that fails either inspection it'll cost you extra to get it fixed.

Guest Breaking News

Cheapest place? NY State put's the price on Inspections.

Waiting untill the last minute? Take it to KOST but it will probably cost you.

I agree. They told me I needed brakes I replaced a year ago. I said "show me". they took me back and said "uh, I guess not". I'll never go to them again.

The only place I've been to that I trust, so far, (No offense BTK, but I'll check you out soon) is the Super Tire Service on Upper Court Street. I work on my cars when it's warm, but when it's cold I take it to someone with a garage. So far, they seem to have been pretty honest.

But that's just my experience.

Guest Benni Booboo

I have had good experience with Clements Tire on Jackson Street off of Tompkins Street. They can also usually get you in pretty quick.

I agree. They told me I needed brakes I replaced a year ago. I said "show me". they took me back and said "uh, I guess not". I'll never go to them again.

The only place I've been to that I trust, so far, (No offense BTK, but I'll check you out soon) is the Super Tire Service on Upper Court Street. I work on my cars when it's warm, but when it's cold I take it to someone with a garage. So far, they seem to have been pretty honest.

I had the same problem with KOST too. Told me a bunch of crap was wrong and needed to be replaced. Asked to speek to the manager, took the receipt out of the glove box and showed him that 2 of the things they said needed to be replaced had just been done the week before. Had a sticker on the windshiel within 10 minutes. NEVER went back.

@

Guest Guest

Another shop that pays their techs commission on what work they bring in. No offense to Barry but that pay Firestone/Goodyear/Etc. pay structure invites enethical behavior. Go to an independent shop that has no affiliation to a chain and is locally owned and operated, you are less likely to get ripped off. Also don't be afraid to ask to see it like the previous poster and let them show you the problem. I have used Super Tire, Kost, ect and I have also had my car repaired at Hillcrest Fleet and found that Hillcrest is honest and very qualified to fix anything.

Guest Guest
I have had good experience with Clements Tire on Jackson Street off of Tompkins Street. They can also usually get you in pretty quick.

Doesn't Fat Jamie work there? Talk about crooked! I wouldn't trust that pile of dung to advise me on anything!

Guest Guest
In Endicott try Endicott Tire. In Kirkwood try Studer's on Rt. 11(about the most honest place I have ever been).

You mean Endicott Tire that was shut down last year for not paying his sales tax? Yeah real honest place! Studer's is a body shop that has recently started changing oil! What kind of quality work and experience can you get out of that place?

Guest Guest
You mean Endicott Tire that was shut down last year for not paying his sales tax? Yeah real honest place! Studer's is a body shop that has recently started changing oil! What kind of quality work and experience can you get out of that place?

I believe Jed did pay his taxes. Studer's must be doing something right, they service a lot of State Police cars.

Guest Guest
I believe Jed did pay his taxes. Studer's must be doing something right, they service a lot of State Police cars.

Jed paid his taxes after the State locked the doors, if he was so honest why did he try to steal the State tax money in the first place? Studers is doing some minor stuff for NYS Police not that that is a prize, Countrytown has the majority of the police work.

Guest Benni Booboo
Doesn't Fat Jamie work there? Talk about crooked! I wouldn't trust that pile of dung to advise me on anything!

There is a person named Jamie there. However, I just recently took two older vehicles in, and they both passed (which I knew they would) and they did not try to tell me differently. They were very professional and told me what to look for in the future months (ie: possible tires and brakes). No pressure to purchase there, which I do usually get my tires there, however, I have my own mechanic for car maintenance and repairs.

@

Guest Guest

I'm a woman and the only place I trust is Mike Shara's on Watson Blvd. They never try to tell me things are wrong w/my car, the most they've said is that I "might think about new tires soon" and give suggestions like that. And they are quick.

Guest Guest
I'm a woman and the only place I trust is Mike Shara's on Watson Blvd. They never try to tell me things are wrong w/my car, the most they've said is that I "might think about new tires soon" and give suggestions like that. And they are quick.

OK Mike, you are right about one thing, you are a woman! You take advantage of every woman that darkens your doorway!

Guest Guest
There is a person named Jamie there. However, I just recently took two older vehicles in, and they both passed (which I knew they would) and they did not try to tell me differently. They were very professional and told me what to look for in the future months (ie: possible tires and brakes). No pressure to purchase there, which I do usually get my tires there, however, I have my own mechanic for car maintenance and repairs.

@

If Jamie works there, avoid the place, he is a thief from way back and nothing good can come out of dealing with him!

Guest Guest

Clements tries to do everything under the table. If he can get you to pay cash and not give you a receipt he will. I could never trust a guy that tries to cheat the government.

Archived