Child Health Care Plus

Guest guest

Guest Guest
I do WORK. I am a professional with a degree, but in this town $35,000 a year is considered a good salary for my field. I pay about $60 a week for my health insurance through work. You do the math.

No need to call people names, but if you think regular working families can afford health insurance, you are living in a fantasy world--moron! This is not the "land of opportunity". My husband and I both work (our a$$es off I might add). Family insurance is around $800 a month. We have student loans, rent, groceries, gas, NYSEG, etc. like everyone else. We do not have cable or shop for crap we do not need. We play with our children and-gasp-read to them. Using CHP does not make us losers or morons. We pay almost $300 a month for it.

it does not make you a moron, but it does make you a loser. i pay 880.00 a month for myself & wife. i have paid for my own benefits for well over 40 years. i have never asked anyone to help pay for the basic necessities in life, of which insurance is one. you have nothing COMING to you. you are sucking off the system. yes, that makes you a LOSER and me a MORON for paying for you. stop having kids you can't afford. pure and simple.

Guest guest
it does not make you a moron, but it does make you a loser. i pay 880.00 a month for myself & wife. i have paid for my own benefits for well over 40 years. i have never asked anyone to help pay for the basic necessities in life, of which insurance is one. you have nothing COMING to you. you are sucking off the system. yes, that makes you a LOSER and me a MORON for paying for you. stop having kids you can't afford. pure and simple.

Not only are you a MORON, you are an insensitive jerk! The poster you were replying to said they have a job, they are not living off the system, but they just can't stretch their pay check that far. If you have been paying for all your own benefits for well over 40 years consider yourself luck - you lived in the good times. I feel sorry for young families in today's world, they are not going to have the advantages you did.

I am the OP, and I did not mean to insult anyone who uses CPH. Thank goodness there is help for those who have children and truly need it. But the TV ad itself is very insulting. It seems to convey that it's free and why should anyone worry as long as there is a state program. While others are struggling just to put food on the table the ad seems to rub our noses in the so called "freebie".

Guest Guest

I know a family that only had to pay $8 a month for their kid for CHP but they didn't want to give up cig money, so no insurance for the kid. Their plan? If the kid gets hurt, they will sue.

Archived