Bus to NYC

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I've occasionally heard of special trips arranged for NYC shopping trips/free days for $50.00 roundtrip on a bus. Anybody know of any better deals? There must be special runs for the students at BU, right?

I'd like to take my kids without the hassle of driving, but if it costs $150 or more, maybe it's not the smart way to go.

Thanks in advance for any helpful tips!

I think Shaffers does that but Im not sure of the price, Shortline does Turning Stone but Im not sure if they do the NYC charter other than the $35 one way ticket. I would go the bus rather than driving. With the gas, tolls that just went up and parking your better off.

I think Shaffers does that but Im not sure of the price, Shortline does Turning Stone but Im not sure if they do the NYC charter other than the $35 one way ticket. I would go the bus rather than driving. With the gas, tolls that just went up and parking your better off.

Not to mention possible accidents resulting in your $$ going for repairs. Even $150 may be worth the hassle of not having a hassle. Just a thought. I should probably let it go th :blink: ough.

@

Guest guest

Eastern Travel runs trips to NYC all the time. I thinknit is $40. They serve coffee and juice and donughts in the morning and snacks and soda on the way home. They are clean and the hostess is very well versed on NYC and can tell you how to get around. Call them, you will not be sorry.

Guest Solomon

I just got a spring and summer brochure from Eastern Travel/Oneonta Bus Lines. Their contact info is 607-432-5418 or 1-800-458-1556; www.easterntrav.com. It says their NYC Free Days (drop you off and pick you up in Manhattan, you're free to spend the day as you wish) run the second Wednesday of each month and most Saturdays. $48 per person, leave from Upper Front Street. Also offers "Frequent Rider Cards"; take 4 one-day trips within a 2-year period and your 5th one-day trip is free. Check Shaffers too; I like them both.

Guest NYC traveler
I've occasionally heard of special trips arranged for NYC shopping trips/free days for $50.00 roundtrip on a bus. Anybody know of any better deals? There must be special runs for the students at BU, right?

I'd like to take my kids without the hassle of driving, but if it costs $150 or more, maybe it's not the smart way to go.

Thanks in advance for any helpful tips!

Yes, Roosevelt School in Binghamton has a trip on Saturday, May 3rd. It's $45 and includes bagels and juice for breakfast.

Driving to NYC is very expensive unless you are taking many people. Parking a car is $40 a day and driving in the City is difficult.

A charter bus is the way to go. The last Short Line ticket I bought was almost $90.

@

Archived