Deer Repellent

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I plan on trying a garden this year. Nothing crazy, squash, beans, tomatoes etc.. I will install a fence but have fears that the deer will still attempt to get in. (I have tons of those rats around) Any products I can try around the perimeter of my garden.Thanks.

That always works.

A little on the crude side, but it does work.

Two years ago we did the cayane pepper trick and it does work, very well. Had to give away tomatoes and cuke's like they were water.

might be because they had a funny aftertaste? ......... had to give them away? .. hehehe

Guest Tired

Do what every idiot here does: get a dog. On the more humane side of things why don't you try planting the perimeter of your garden with plants that deer don't like such as Allium, Artemesia, Baptisia, Buddleia, Clethra, Caryopteris, Digitalis, Festuca, Lavender, Miscanthus, Monarda, Nepeta, Pennisetum, Perovskia, Rugosa roses, Salvia, Santolina and Viburnum.

There's alot of products out there, Deer-off, "Shot-gun" repellent, theres even an all natural one out now Home Depot just received it ( don't know the name ). Also try taking a bar of Ivory hand soap and shaving pieces of it all around the perimeter.

@

Guest guest

Saw a neat motion detector water squirter. You hook it up to a hose and it sprays the deer. Anyone have one? seen one in action?

I plan on trying a garden this year. Nothing crazy, squash, beans, tomatoes etc.. I will install a fence but have fears that the deer will still attempt to get in. (I have tons of those rats around) Any products I can try around the perimeter of my garden.Thanks.

If you sprinkle liberal mulch around just a tad, you will find that the deer will never come around there. Hell, everybody with a brain hates the stench of liberals. Just remember that it takes about 400 dead liberals to make up about 1 lb of liberal mulch.

@

Guest country girl2
If you sprinkle liberal mulch around just a tad, you will find that the deer will never come around there. Hell, everybody with a brain hates the stench of liberals. Just remember that it takes about 400 dead liberals to make up about 1 lb of liberal mulch.

@

:lol:

Archived