Binghamton/Johnson City Joint Sewage Plant

Guest City Supplier

Guest City Supplier

I am a supplier that handles some of the City of Binghamton needs for parts and service. Up until recently I did a normal amount of business with the Binghamton/JC Sewage Plant and started asking why I wasn't seeing any business from them anymore. It seems that the reins have once again changed at the sewage plant and one of the head maintenance people has decided that it is more convenient to fore go the City Bidding and quoting policy and give the business to one certain business because he claims that it is more convenient than doing business with a City business even though the cost is quite a bit more than what we were charging. Could it be that this Sewage plant employee is either getting a kickback from this supplier or has an interest there?

Isn't there some sort of board that question the operations of these outside departments? Shouldn't this be monitored and the Sewage Plant be forced to follow policy and purchasing laws? Isn't this supposed to be public information on how they followed the rules and shouldn't there be some sort of penalties for employees of the municipality that knowingly break the rules and break the laws?

Guest City Supplier

I have the employee's name and information but don't want to disclose it here. Where can someone file a complaint about this sort of violation. Possibly request the records as they should be public information?

I know it sounds like I have a motive here, but my intentions aren't bad. I supplied them products and services for years and always did my best to give them the least expensive options and the best possible prices that I could afford to give and I have lost the business so that an employee that shouldn't be involved with buying can give the business to someone outside the City of Binghamton and Johnson City and pay more for the products and services. There is something fishy there.

Guest brown trout
I know it sounds like I have a motive here, but my intentions aren't bad. I supplied them products and services for years and always did my best to give them the least expensive options and the best possible prices that I could afford to give and I have lost the business so that an employee that shouldn't be involved with buying can give the business to someone outside the City of Binghamton and Johnson City and pay more for the products and services. There is something fishy there.

is horrigan back ?

I would contact the press - then follow up and make certain they check into it. It would seem that they would be bound by a bidding process.

I would contact the press - then follow up and make certain they check into it. It would seem that they would be bound by a bidding process.

The Press and Sun-Do What The Local Politicians say News Paper? Yeah Right! Besides, just postr it here, this is where they troll for stories anyway.

I am a supplier that handles some of the City of Binghamton needs for parts and service. Up until recently I did a normal amount of business with the Binghamton/JC Sewage Plant and started asking why I wasn't seeing any business from them anymore. It seems that the reins have once again changed at the sewage plant and one of the head maintenance people has decided that it is more convenient to fore go the City Bidding and quoting policy and give the business to one certain business because he claims that it is more convenient than doing business with a City business even though the cost is quite a bit more than what we were charging. Could it be that this Sewage plant employee is either getting a kickback from this supplier or has an interest there?

Isn't there some sort of board that question the operations of these outside departments? Shouldn't this be monitored and the Sewage Plant be forced to follow policy and purchasing laws? Isn't this supposed to be public information on how they followed the rules and shouldn't there be some sort of penalties for employees of the municipality that knowingly break the rules and break the laws?

how can anybody contact you?

Guest Original Poster
how can anybody contact you?

Contact me for what? Who are you and what would you want to contact me for? Leave your info here and I will contact you.

The proper practice is for anything over 5 grand needs to be bid and passed by the board of contract and supply and allways goes to the lowest bidder. If this isnt being done then i suggest you get a lawyer.

Someone needs to go to jail.

Archived