IT'S OFFICIAL, MULLINS TO BU

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

"Matt Mullins, a Chenango Valley senior and two-time Press & Sun-Bulletin All-Metro selection, will join Binghamton University's basketball program as a walk-on for the 2008-09 season.

Advertisement

"It's always been my goal to play at the Division I level, and I want to thank coach (Kevin) Broadus for giving me the opportunity to achieve that goal," said Mullins, scoring leader for a CV squad that reached the Final Four of Class B state playoffs.

"Walk-on is just a term, it means he doesn't have a scholarship," Broadus said. "But if he plays better than a scholarship player, then he's going to play."

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll...2/1056/SPORTS05

Where is the real sports mind when you need him?

Real sports mind = overrated.

Guest Guest
"Matt Mullins, a Chenango Valley senior and two-time Press & Sun-Bulletin All-Metro selection, will join Binghamton University's basketball program as a walk-on for the 2008-09 season.

Advertisement

"It's always been my goal to play at the Division I level, and I want to thank coach (Kevin) Broadus for giving me the opportunity to achieve that goal," said Mullins, scoring leader for a CV squad that reached the Final Four of Class B state playoffs.

"Walk-on is just a term, it means he doesn't have a scholarship," Broadus said. "But if he plays better than a scholarship player, then he's going to play."

wow he's really goin D1, good for him

Guest Guest

I really couldn't agree more. Great job Matt. It's great to see a great high school athlete make it to that next level. Congratulations

Guest Guest
wow he's really goin D1, good for him

While I wish him the best, let's be honest here. He's a walk on at what is most likely the ONLY D1 program in the country he could have had that opportunity. He's not "goin D1", he's enrolling at a D1 college and they are letting him try out for the team.

Not "hatin'", but not sugar coating it either with a 'wow, he's going D1".

I hope he makes it though.

Guest Guest

he's enrolling as a student, and trying out for the team

he's not "goin DI" like most of the other area athletes that actually get schollys

Guest Guest

It is simple, Mullins is going to be on a D1 roster period. Why, because he was the only real player on the CV team. He is the reason they went to Glens Falls and all the rest of the players are just jokes or wannabee Mullins'.

Mullins = D1 Athlete

Rest of CV Basketball = Overrated

Guest Guest
While I wish him the best, let's be honest here. He's a walk on at what is most likely the ONLY D1 program in the country he could have had that opportunity. He's not "goin D1", he's enrolling at a D1 college and they are letting him try out for the team.

Not "hatin'", but not sugar coating it either with a 'wow, he's going D1".

I hope he makes it though.

Yeah and I'm not trying to start anything, but how many boys basketball players from this area get a DI coach to tell them that they can try out. It's one thing to go and try out on your own, but when the coach says to, that's pretty good too.

Guest conye
It is simple, Mullins is going to be on a D1 roster period. Why, because he was the only real player on the CV team. He is the reason they went to Glens Falls and all the rest of the players are just jokes or wannabee Mullins'.

Mullins = D1 Athlete

Rest of CV Basketball = Overrated

This is so not true....if you actually watched a CV game there were a lot of ppl who were also good such as Fox Hull Mack Bobal Ball Bidwell and Boyce. you just never could watch them play their best bc of mullins who was to busy shooting and missing 20 threes a game. i practiced with the varsity team a couple of times (im on jv) and there was so much more talent than just mullins. when CV played hanibal chris mack had 7 threes. so rethnk what you just said about the whole CV basketball team being overrated

Guest The real sports mind
"Matt Mullins, a Chenango Valley senior and two-time Press & Sun-Bulletin All-Metro selection, will join Binghamton University's basketball program as a walk-on for the 2008-09 season.Advertisement

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. Really goo player, he has to make it as a walk on. So I guess once and for all, drum roll please

Mullins = overrated.

WOW, I play D-1. Binghamton Bearcats. WOW. That is something special. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

by the way

CV= OVERRATED

The real sports mind = still a true talent evaluator

Binghamton University = great education, laughing stock as a D1 school, (95% of real sports minds would agree with that, of course that means no one from CV).

Guest Boogy
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. Really goo player, he has to make it as a walk on. So I guess once and for all, drum roll please

Mullins = overrated.

WOW, I play D-1. Binghamton Bearcats. WOW. That is something special. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

by the way

CV= OVERRATED

The real sports mind = still a true talent evaluator

Binghamton University = great education, laughing stock as a D1 school, (95% of real sports minds would agree with that, of course that means no one from CV).

I agree 100% with that assessment.

Guest Guest
This is so not true....if you actually watched a CV game there were a lot of ppl who were also good such as Fox Hull Mack Bobal Ball Bidwell and Boyce. you just never could watch them play their best bc of mullins who was to busy shooting and missing 20 threes a game. i practiced with the varsity team a couple of times (im on jv) and there was so much more talent than just mullins. when CV played hanibal chris mack had 7 threes. so rethnk what you just said about the whole CV basketball team being overrated

Oh its true, here are the players you mention......Fox had no skills handling the ball and turned the ball over more times than not. Hull was lazy and did not want to play inside just shoot jumpers. Bobal was at least tough but was no offensive threat. Ball was uncoordinated and scared. Bidwell was just an athlete running around on a court and Boyce was scared and could not handle pressure. Okay and yeah Mack got lucky and had a hot hand in one game, but he was nothing all season long. Look at some of the shots he took, he was the ball hog, Lansing game 1 for like 13. I have seen the stats, Mullins had over twice the assists as any other CV guard. Mack could not hold Mullins jock. Mullins is the real deal, I have played with him, trust me he is the real deal. He is gunna play at BU, maybe not first couple years but before he graduates. I am not saying start, but play.

Guest Guest
Yeah and I'm not trying to start anything, but how many boys basketball players from this area get a DI coach to tell them that they can try out. It's one thing to go and try out on your own, but when the coach says to, that's pretty good too.

He's not trying out he's on the team.

Guest Bob Knight

Delusional. Let me help you out, if the coach isn't giving you money and calling with an offered signed letter of intent then he doesn't want you.

Mullins is a great kid and a very good high school athlete, no debate from me here.

This story is a farce and filling the pages with a silly story that didn't need to put any pressure on a local kid who is trying out for the team. He ain't trying out for the Tarheels son. Binghamton isn't exactly what I would call "any" good.

No need to bash the kid, but the story is a joke and an insult.

Guest Charlie

How could he get a scholorship,they give those to people who can't spell,read or write.Not to white boys who can't jump.they should have scholorships based on grade performing levels.Such as 2 for 70 plus students,2 for 80 plus students and 1 for 90 plus students. They coudl give them all to 90 plus but limited on the low end. Forget that they have only athletic skills.When they playground it all day and donot study,that is their choice.Oppression excuse has gone on long enough.

Guest Bob Knight
How could he get a scholorship,they give those to people who can't spell,read or write.Not to white boys who can't jump.they should have scholorships based on grade performing levels.Such as 2 for 70 plus students,2 for 80 plus students and 1 for 90 plus students. They coudl give them all to 90 plus but limited on the low end. Forget that they have only athletic skills.When they playground it all day and donot study,that is their choice.Oppression excuse has gone on long enough.

If you are Mullin's agent, he is screwed.

Guest Guest
Oh its true, here are the players you mention......Fox had no skills handling the ball and turned the ball over more times than not. Hull was lazy and did not want to play inside just shoot jumpers. Bobal was at least tough but was no offensive threat. Ball was uncoordinated and scared. Bidwell was just an athlete running around on a court and Boyce was scared and could not handle pressure. Okay and yeah Mack got lucky and had a hot hand in one game, but he was nothing all season long. Look at some of the shots he took, he was the ball hog, Lansing game 1 for like 13. I have seen the stats, Mullins had over twice the assists as any other CV guard. Mack could not hold Mullins jock. Mullins is the real deal, I have played with him, trust me he is the real deal. He is gunna play at BU, maybe not first couple years but before he graduates. I am not saying start, but play.

come on now man i will say your a little bit right about the other guys on the team but mack is better than mullins he just couldnt play his game because mullins never would pass him the ball, mack is best guard no doubt

Guest Guest
come on now man i will say your a little bit right about the other guys on the team but mack is better than mullins he just couldnt play his game because mullins never would pass him the ball, mack is best guard no doubt

Are you serious, Mack better than Mullins? No way, I mean Mullins to BU Mack to what? BCC? Mack couldn't hold Mullins' jock. Plus Mullins is a good kid on and off the court, Mack, that can't be said.

Guest Guest

What does it matter? Matt is going D1 to a great school and lets not forget that Broadus coached at Georgetown so he most likely has an idea what he's doing. Mullins has a great upside (great potential) which with the help of a D1 coach, it could help him a lot. A walk on doesn't just mean "here try out for the team, i want to see how you play." It just means that he doesn't have any scholarship money left. Mullins is on the team just like any other NYC kid that is getting a scholarship to play except Matt isn't getting any money because there wasn't any left. I'm saying that why does it matter if he goes D1 or D3, anybody on here will rip him apart anything. It's annoying about all these posts.

Guest Guest

What does it matter? Matt is going D1 to a great school and lets not forget that Broadus coached at Georgetown so he most likely has an idea what he's doing. Mullins has a great upside (great potential) which with the help of a D1 coach, it could help him a lot. A walk on doesn't just mean "here try out for the team, i want to see how you play." It just means that he doesn't have any scholarship money left. Mullins is on the team just like any other NYC kid that is getting a scholarship to play except Matt isn't getting any money because there wasn't any left. I'm saying that why does it matter if he goes D1 or D3, anybody on here will rip him apart anything. It's annoying about all these posts.

I personally don't care if Mullins is there or not but your post is ignorant to scholarships, walk ons, Matt would have been way better off going to a D2 or D3 where he might have a chance to play. Trust me he is not like any other NYC kid. If he wanted Mullins that bad he would have gotten him way earlier and given him scholarship money. But, hey its the kids life best of luck to him.....

Guest Guest
every DI team has a short slow white kid on the end of their bench as a walk on

no biggie

Shame it was never you or your kid ya know what I mean.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Guest cade

Rumor has it the Real Sports Mind is Brian Stinson from Chenango Valley. Someone caught him logged in under that name and he has been bashing his OWN FOOTBALL TEAMMATE Mullins for months now. I guess this has caused quite a stir in the CV community and everyone turning on Stinson. Too bad hes such an idiot he could be a good baseball player (not football). My cousin goes to CV Stinson so dont even act like you didnt get busted posing as "REAL SPORTS MIND". And I would think twice before you cross the railroad tracks again bud.

Guest cv4life
Rumor has it the Real Sports Mind is Brian Stinson from Chenango Valley. Someone caught him logged in under that name and he has been bashing his OWN FOOTBALL TEAMMATE Mullins for months now. I guess this has caused quite a stir in the CV community and everyone turning on Stinson. Too bad hes such an idiot he could be a good baseball player (not football). My cousin goes to CV Stinson so dont even act like you didnt get busted posing as "REAL SPORTS MIND". And I would think twice before you cross the railroad tracks again bud.

dude cade shut up. haha that's the dumbest thing i think i've ever read. and don't even bust on stinson about football, you're going to st john fisher dude. what a joke. honestly i dont think you could have picked a bigger shit hole to play for.

Guest Cade
dude cade shut up. haha that's the dumbest thing i think i've ever read. and don't even bust on stinson about football, you're going to st john fisher dude. what a joke. honestly i dont think you could have picked a bigger shit hole to play for.

^^^ Says Brian Stinson. Seriously everyone he sits on this site and waits and prays for somebody to mention his name. EVERYONE at CV knows its him writing about himself on here and thinks he is pathetic. Im going to play College football which is more than you will be able to say for yourself. Why didnt you get the ball again? No carries in the championship game? Because you suck. You will never be good enough to play college football. At least I dont hide behind fake nicknames you douche.

Guest Guest

I personally don't care if Mullins is there or not but your post is ignorant to scholarships, walk ons, Matt would have been way better off going to a D2 or D3 where he might have a chance to play. Trust me he is not like any other NYC kid. If he wanted Mullins that bad he would have gotten him way earlier and given him scholarship money. But, hey its the kids life best of luck to him.....

His dream was to play D1. Even in the article it said that BU is a great school too. Financially BU was a better option for him anyway. I understand that walk ons aren't your number one choice but it is still respectable. Sonny Spera (I don't know how to spell his name if that's not it) went to Syracuse to play ball and never saw any playing time and got a great education there. I bet he could have gotten playing time at a smaller D1 school or a D2 school but he had different priorities.

Archived