Turkey Hunting

Guest Guest

Anyone get out this morning? Any luck?
three jakes and a hen flew from roost and landed in our setup. had them in our lap for twenty minutes. i've got at least two longbeards that i'll hold out for. my son enjoyed the show but was bummed when i didn't shoot. trying again sun. am. 'ow 'bout you?

Guest Guest

I did'nt get out today. I will saturday morning for sure. I hear them every morning out in the woods when I take my dog out. I see them about every 3 days walking thru the yard. I saw a HUGE tom this morning when I went outside to leave for work. Saw some jakes running at lunch.

Guest Guest

Got mine this morning, 26lb hen. Sitting right in the middle of the old garden. could not help myself. Went upstairs and got the shotgun. Needless to say, now on the way to be fronzen in the new walk in freezer/cooler we put in last fall, joining the deer and rabbits.

Barbque'g right around the corner, and what a summer this is going to be. All this talkis getting me hungry, think I'll go pull some pre-made spedies out of the freezer for tomorrow after work.

Guest Guest

Is it legal to use a blunderbuss? If so, I could nail about a dozen of em with one shot the way they pack across the back field. If I were to sit at the tree line with about 80gr. of FF, a fresh English flint razor sharp, and two handfuls of #5 shot ready to go, I could nail a swath of them.

Hmmm.......Where is my buckskin coat?

Guest Guest

You couldn't hit your foot with a blunderbuss. I have one. They were originally used by the navy as a boarding weapon about the bore as a 12ga shotgun. Does look nice hanging on the wall.

Guest Guest

There is a flock of at least 25 in my son's backyard in Kirkwood right now. They don't seem to be worried about much.

@

good luck on sat. tws. i'm gonna have to wait for sun 'cuz we're running a lax day camp all day saturday in the point. is it me or are there more birds than ever this year?

I have seen/heard quite a few. We'll see tomorrow. Good luck Sunday.

TWS

@

Guest Guest

I do not hunt but I almost got me a big ol gobbler with my car today... thought he would move faster... but he didn't care... I stopped just in time.

Went out today - 5/3/08

I saw four hens. Didn't even here any Toms.

TWS

went out sunday (5/4) with my son. had 2 or maybe three gobbling from roost, when they flew down they were already with hens and out of range. couldn't call em back after that. at least my kid got to see the long beard i've been scouting and hear the gobbles, also got to watch them fly down.

@

That your bird?

If so, when, where and with what?

Any turkey recipes?

TWS

TWS

I took the bird Saturday morning around 6:40am in East Windsor with an O/U Browning 12 gauge. Must be the hens are bred where I’m hunting because the bird came in gobbling and strutting. Get out there and start calling, they’ll come running.

Good Luck to all.

@

Archived