President Obamas Speech

ginger

Guest Guest

We were talking specifically about federal income tax. Sorry if that destroys your arguement but you can't change details like that.

SS was intended to SUPPLEMENT a persons retirement, not totally bankroll it. I agree that it isn't a hand out for most though there are people who benefit from it without having paid into it. Unfortunately it is running out of money. The people who designed it did a poor job. Benefits need to be cut if there is to be any benefit for people who need it down the road.

The average pay out is 12-13k a year. It's solvent using the trust fund until 2037, past that it's solvent making small changes to it.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

You are a true idiot. I am perfectly happy with the top two percent paying half or more of all revenue. I think it is disgusting that 1/2 the country doesn't pay anything but expect all the benefits and priveleges.

That's because you are a puppet of an economic class you aren't a part of. Go Team!

Guest Guest

That's because you are a puppet of an economic class you aren't a part of. Go Team!

I just know that destroying them will destroy our economy. Tough for you to understand, I know. My team is Team America. Not team leech.

Guest Guest

The average pay out is 12-13k a year. It's solvent using the trust fund until 2037, past that it's solvent making small changes to it.

So let's wait until 2037 to change it??? HAHAHA Are you running as a democrat somewhere?

Guest Guest

I just know that destroying them will destroy our economy. Tough for you to understand, I know. My team is Team America. Not team leech.

How will they be destroyed? Seriously? Get your head out of their ass you are losing oxygen to your brain.

Your team is corporate America. Team greed.

Guest Guest

How will they be destroyed? Seriously? Get your head out of their ass you are losing oxygen to your brain.

Your team is corporate America. Team greed.

If you can't understand the simple economics of it then there is no hope for you. When was the last time anyone in the 50% created any jobs? Let me help you: NEVER. You must be team stupid's cheerleader. lol

Guest Guest

If you can't understand the simple economics of it then there is no hope for you. When was the last time anyone in the 50% created any jobs? Let me help you: NEVER. You must be team stupid's cheerleader. lol

No seriously - give some facts and statistics. They have had this tax break for the last 10 years. Where are the jobs?

We are talking about the top 2% who make more than most small business owner who creates the most jobs in this country.

Guest Guest

Come back in 8-10 years after you have gotten your education. Stay in school and just say NO to drugs, junior.

Thanks for confirming you are an ignorant moron who doesn't know what the hell you are talking about and just repeats what others tell you to think.

Dance puppet, dance!

Guest Guest

Maybe if more voted against it we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now. Someone has to pay off Bush's bills.

24editorial_graph2-popup-thumb-560x622-58477.gif

Who's gonna pay off Obama's bills?

Guest Guest

Thanks for confirming you are an ignorant moron who doesn't know what the hell you are talking about and just repeats what others tell you to think.

Dance puppet, dance!

Read a couple books on economics before you post your ignorance for everyone to see. Stay stupid. I figure thats something you can actually accomplish.

Guest Guest

Read a couple books on economics before you post your ignorance for everyone to see. Stay stupid. I figure thats something you can actually accomplish.

You got nothing - go away. :lol: :lol: :lol:

tom is so angry he sees red, so he must be a communist.

More liberal logic at it's finest.:lol: Liberal logic would label me a "commuphobe", meaning that deep down inside I have communist tendencies and would like to try communism but I'm afraid to do so. Similar to being a "homophobe". The bad part about this is most of our elected officials are as irrational as you are. Our country is being run by a bunch of paranoid schizophrenics.

Guest Guest

You got nothing - go away. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy your summer. School will be back in for you before you know it. Try not to get beat up during recess. Children are very unforgiving when they spot a weakling like you.

Guest Guest

Enjoy your summer. School will be back in for you before you know it. Try not to get beat up during recess. Children are very unforgiving when they spot a weakling like you.

Your fact-less, childish rebuttals are getting boring. :rolleyes:

Guest Guest

Why is it Democratic Presidents are always asked to balance Republican checkbooks?

If that were true, then Obama and the democratic senate would have no problem with a balanced budget amendment. We all know that is not the case.

Guest Guest

If that were true, then Obama and the democratic senate would have no problem with a balanced budget amendment. We all know that is not the case.

More political theater designed to delight the Tea Party.

Guest Guest

Can I ask what you're willing to give up for a "balanced" budget?

In 2010, 2.16T was collected.

700 Billion of was declared Defense spending, then another 400 billion or so was defense from discretionary funds. So 1.1T on defense alone.

That leaves 1.16T, SS was 700B. Let's assume we leave that in place because most of the people on it currently paid into it. 200B was interest paid on our debt.

That leaves 200B which you now need to divide up between Medicare, Unemployment benefits, Federal Retirement programs, and all other programs.

Guest Guest

700 Billion of was declared Defense spending, then another 400 billion or so was defense from discretionary funds. So 1.1T on defense alone.

That leaves 1.16T, SS was 700B. Let's assume we leave that in place because most of the people on it currently paid into it. 200B was interest paid on our debt.

That leaves 200B which you now need to divide up between Medicare, Unemployment benefits, Federal Retirement programs, and all other programs.

Is that even a legitimate argument for the left? What makes you think you can avoid giving up anything indefinitely? Do you think we can keep this up with we are 20 trillion in debt? How about 30 trillion? If the government cannot balance a budget (something most responsible Americans personally do every day), then there is no possibility of reducing outstanding debt. Your question might make sense if the Greeks were being asked what they were willing to give up. Except they are at the point now where they are being told what to give up. Sorry, but the math, the facts, and time are on the side of fiscal conservatives. You either load the government up with them now, or later.

Guest Guest

Let's see..how about cutting back on foreign aid, stop subsidizing people who don't want to work, and, oh yeah, stop financing infanticide. Oh that right, taxes don't fund abortion an planned parenthood is really a benevolent organization. Cough cough

Guest Guest

Let's see..how about cutting back on foreign aid, stop subsidizing people who don't want to work, and, oh yeah, stop financing infanticide. Oh that right, taxes don't fund abortion an planned parenthood is really a benevolent organization. Cough cough

Yes. Let's do everything that we possibly can to make crime skyrocket. You might wanna get that cough checked out. Sounds like syphilis of the throat.

Guest Guest

Also to the person complaining about the fact that 47% of Americans pay no income tax, don't forget, 22% of that 47% of those people are elderly who collect social security, social security income is exempt from income taxes.

Guest Guest

Yes. Let's do everything that we possibly can to make crime skyrocket. You might wanna get that cough checked out. Sounds like syphilis of the throat.

How do any of those increase crime?

Is it your opinion that if we don't give money to foreign governments their criminals would come here?

People on welfare will become criminal if they stop getting a check every month?

If a woman who wants an abortion has the child instead does the child automatically become a criminal, the mother, or both?

Your "logic" is pretty fu@#ed up.

Archived