FOX 40 - BPD Chief's Retirement

Guest Guest

Looks like FOX 40 has decided to cover Chief Tronovitch's departure.

So far The Press & Sun-Bulletin which said it had "heard" about this has said nothing.

Rumors BPD Chief's Retirement

Is Binghamton's Police Chief thinking of leaving his job because of disagreements with the mayor?

Chief Steven Tronovitch says no, but does acknowledge that he is "exploring some options." Tronovitch insists that rumors of a rift between the police department and the Ryan administration are "absolutely false,"

and that the "working relationship with the mayor is excellent."

Even though Tronovitch was appointed chief less than two years ago, he says he's thinking about retirement because he's 54 years old and has been on the force for 33 years.

Go watch the tape:

http://www.wicz.com/news2005/viewarticle.asp?a=5605

The Chief says everything is fine between the Mayor his officers despite them having to file reports on him over many years, despite that fact the police have been wqithout a contract for two years, that the Mayor threatened to dissolve the force and that he has imposed known felons on police surveillance and neighborhood watch groups.

Yup, everything is fine.

After less than two years at the top the Chief wants to retire. Like in the Housing and Planning Department, experienced staff are leaving in droves.

Two police chiefs in two years.

Sure, everythig is fine, keep telling yourselves that.

He knows want is coming down. He wants no part of it and doesn't want to be around to have to try to explain it.

We will have a rudderless group of disgruntled, disrespected, underpaid officers trying to do a job the mayor and his supporters do not want done.

Too bad the chief chose not to tell the truth.

He must have another job lined up and needs a good reference.

trust me, the insiders know the truth. they don't have to worry about what the chief says on television. retiring at 53 my arse!!! hahahahahahahhaaa!

Too bad WBNG covered this days ago!

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Fox 40 is a joke.

I love how they always do stories based on "rumor" (in other words they read it here on BC Voice)!

The Press probably hasn't covered the story because they are waiting for an actual story, like real journalists!

I heard a rumor that Fox 40 sucks, maybe the Press and Sun should cover that story? :rolleyes:

Too bad WBNG covered this days ago!

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Fox 40 is a joke.

Can you provide a link to that story?

Does it strike you as strange that FOX 40 ran the story, somebody claims WBNG ran the story but the Press & Sun-Bulletin has done nothing about it.

Why not?

Isn't that news?

I think it is big news, two police chiefs in three years. Something is very wrong.

Archived