Sad situation at BU and again no word from Flower

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

This weekend a BU student about to graduate was killed when the car he was driving hit a tree. Where is a statement from Flower??? Like always, she is too busy trying to remember where the campus is.

Guest Guest

There was a statement or are you just too busy whining that you didn't see it...oh, and I guess they didn't release directly to BCVoice so you couldn't have known there was one. Get a life.

Guest Guest
This weekend a BU student about to graduate was killed when the car he was driving hit a tree. Where is a statement from Flower??? Like always, she is too busy trying to remember where the campus is.

He was driving drunk. What else do you need to know?

He got what he deserved.

Guest Guest

whoa...while i agree that the man took a huge chance because of the shoices he made, that statement is still kind of harsh.

besides, he was "riding" drunk. the man driving the car has been indicted for manslaughter.

totally not the fault of BU. the fault is on the people who got in the car and chose to drive or ride drunk. hwoever, i am not as heartless and brutal to say that he "got what he deserved."

BTW, you should definintely watch yourself, just incase someone decides to drop a house on you, for your choices in life.

@

Guest guest
You have unfortunately taken a tragic incident and used it as your vehicle to go on the attack, without any first hand information. You and your cohorts thrive on this type of ranting, which is abundant on this site, thereby diminishing its appeal. For your information, not only did the BU President provide a statement to the media, she also had an email sent to the parents of BU students alerting them to the situation and to the availability of counseling services which the school is providing. I do not know President Lois DeFleur, but as the parent of a BU student, I am grateful for her compassion to the students at this sad time.

@

Guest Guest

She did make a statement, as well as offered counseling for anyone on campus who needed it. She made some ridiculous statement about what a great loss it was for the campus.

I want to know why the same statement and offer wasn't made 2 weeks ago for the student who died from suffocation after drowning in his own vomit? There wasn't a thing mentioned on campus Do you think there weren't students or staff that grieved his passing as well?

I am sick of the way the campus caters to the Asian students.

Guest Guest

That is what happens when you drink all day at a giant taxpayer funded party like sloap day or whatever that Cornell bash is, and then drive home. First off, they were Asian so they drive like crap anyway. They were drunk and driving Rt. 79. My family drives that road so I am only too happy they only hurt themselves and nobody else.

Yes, they deserve what they got. They could have easily killed anyone else going down that road. I guess you can afford apathy for them, you have never been the victim of a drunk driver.

Guest Guest
He was driving drunk. What else do you need to know?

He got what he deserved.

You stupid MOFO, get your facts straight before stepping in here and making everyone else dumber than they were before for having to read your useless and incoherent response you call a post. He wasn't the driver, he was a passenger in the car. BIG difference.

Guest Guest
That is what happens when you drink all day at a giant taxpayer funded party like sloap day or whatever that Cornell bash is, and then drive home. First off, they were Asian so they drive like crap anyway. They were drunk and driving Rt. 79. My family drives that road so I am only too happy they only hurt themselves and nobody else.

Yes, they deserve what they got. They could have easily killed anyone else going down that road. I guess you can afford apathy for them, you have never been the victim of a drunk driver.

You ignorant fool! Why do you believe that everything is paid for with your taxes? Tuition at Cornell is probably more than what you make in a year. Do you know what "slope day" is? Yes, it is one of those idiotic parties seniors have right before they graduate, what does that have to do with being Asian? What does drinking and driving have to do with race, or your taxes? I don't think that immature kids deserve to die for making a mistake. We all make stupid choices of different kinds at some point. I'm sure you have. The best that you can hope for is that your kids, and your kids friends don't ever do this kind of thing, but you can say that somebody deserves it.

Guest Guest
I'm convinced there should be an IQ exam before being allowed to post....

@

This is a REALLY great idea...instead of a captsha (or whatever its called) they could ask a few questions that could at least signify some brain activity....

imagine all of the incessant hate speach that could prevent!

Guest Guest

So as long as you are RIDING drunk, there's no need to make sure your driver is sober. Is that your point?

The driver is 100% at fault? The kid who died should not have thought twice before getting in, or allowing his friend to drive drunk, is that correct?

You drive drunk, you ride drunk, either way you get what you deserve.

I'll have to start being the passeneger more often. It exempts me from making sound choices in life.

Someones death doesn't bother me. It's all the bleeding hearts that bring on my rage.

Death is death. DELETED happens.

No one deserves this! You’re a racist. I’m surprised you have a family and it makes me wonder exactly what you teach your own children about other cultures. If this were someone in your family would it be “what they deserved?” Is that what you would tell your child? Or perhaps that the person “couldn’t drive because they were Asian” . That’s a great American your raising there…

The only time it is safe to get in to a car when you have consumed any amount of alcohol is when you have a designated driver and that is the only time period. If you have been drinking and don’t have a DD you should plan on staying where you are or don’t drink. It’s very sad when something like this happens, but many times when we’re young we learn the hard way. We think we’re invincible, it won’t happen to me.

Guest Guest
So as long as you are RIDING drunk, there's no need to make sure your driver is sober. Is that your point?

The driver is 100% at fault? The kid who died should not have thought twice before getting in, or allowing his friend to drive drunk, is that correct?

You drive drunk, you ride drunk, either way you get what you deserve.

I'll have to start being the passeneger more often. It exempts me from making sound choices in life.

Someones death doesn't bother me. It's all the bleeding hearts that bring on my rage.

Death is death. DELETED happens.

I'm not too good at quotes, but I think it goes something like this..."Every man's death diminishes me, because I am part of the human race". Kindly enlighten me...is this correct? Who said it?

@

Archived