BEST HIGH SCHOOL PLAYERS FROM SECTION 4

Guest Guest

Lawrence Taylor played for Seton in the 1980's until he was kicked out for snorting/selling cocaine.

He has to be mentioned even though he was a linebacker. Seriously, the guy was such a great linebacker and so completely unstoppable that it even affeceted the offensive line.

The guy was that good. He was also good at picking up chicks, getting them drunk and letting the nerds and greasers have at them.

LT all the way, baby!

• 2 weeks later...

how about offensive linemen..... lets start there..no one ever really talks about them.... its about time

Ken Zunic ME class of '74. ME was 17-1 in '72 and '73. Ken went on to play at Villanova.

As far as linemen go Mark May was by far the best. Art Jones and all the others mentioned are Pee-Wee players in comparison.

Mark Eric May (born November 2, 1959) is a former American college and professional football player who was an offensive lineman in the National Football League for thirteen seasons during the 1980s and 1990s. May played college football for the University of Pittsburgh, and earned All-American honors. He was selected in the first round of the the 1981 NFL Draft, and played professionally for the Washington Redskins, San Diego Chargers, and Arizona Cardinals of the NFL. He is currently a football analyst for ESPN.

As far as linemen go Mark May was by far the best. Art Jones and all the others mentioned are Pee-Wee players in comparison.

Mark Eric May (born November 2, 1959) is a former American college and professional football player who was an offensive lineman in the National Football League for thirteen seasons during the 1980s and 1990s. May played college football for the University of Pittsburgh, and earned All-American honors. He was selected in the first round of the the 1981 NFL Draft, and played professionally for the Washington Redskins, San Diego Chargers, and Arizona Cardinals of the NFL. He is currently a football analyst for ESPN.

Was he on the Redskin team that the Raiders steamrolled in the Super Bowl?

Was he on the Redskin team that the Raiders steamrolled in the Super Bowl?

Yes, but he does have two Winning Super Bowl rings.

he played guard for the Redskins from 1981 to 1990. He was a member of the famed "Hogs" offensive line, which was instrumental in the Redskins' victories in Super Bowl XVII and XXII (though May was injured for Super Bowl XVII). He was named one of the 70 greatest Redskins of all time.[1]

Guest Ty Cobb

U.E. grad Doc Matisi was the best. He was first team All American, nobody else from SEc4 can claim that.

U.E. grad Doc Matisi was the best. He was first team All American, nobody else from SEc4 can claim that.

Mark May: As a senior in 1980, he was recognized as a consensus first-team All-American and received the Outland Trophy as the nation's top collegiate interior lineman. The university retired May's jersey number (73) in 2001, and he was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2005.

I have never heard of Doc Matisi, what was he a first team All-American in? BS

If he's legit, please fill us in!

Mark May: As a senior in 1980, he was recognized as a consensus first-team All-American and received the Outland Trophy as the nation's top collegiate interior lineman. The university retired May's jersey number (73) in 2001, and he was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2005.

I have never heard of Doc Matisi, what was he a first team All-American in? BS

If he's legit, please fill us in!

Never mind, I find that he was for real. A real old timer! However, I think Mark May's resume is stronger.

Both 1st team All-Americans:

May: 1st round draft pick, College Hall of Fame in 2005, All-Pro [i think] and 9 years in the NFL

Doc M: 4th round draft pick and one year in the NFL.

Never mind, I find that he was for real. A real old timer! However, I think Mark May's resume is stronger.

Both 1st team All-Americans:

May: 1st round draft pick, College Hall of Fame in 2005, All-Pro [i think] and 9 years in the NFL

Doc M: 4th round draft pick and one year in the NFL.

Correction: 9 years with the Redskins, 13 in the NFL.

He was nothing great until he got to the U of Pitt. He was nothing special in high school.

how about offensive linemen..... lets start there..no one ever really talks about them.... its about time

Dan Davis at DE for BHS, then went on to play at Army. Granted Army football is traditionally a lower tier FBS team , but he was one bad axx that could have played anywhere in the country.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived