Broome basketball.......

Guest Lipsis

Guest Lipsis

I heard Jimmy Evans was leaving for another school and he resigned from BCC earlier this week. Can someone give confirmation whether this is true?

Guest Guest
I heard Jimmy Evans was leaving for another school and he resigned from BCC earlier this week. Can someone give confirmation whether this is true?

I think we would have seen something in the paper if this were true.

Guest ocks

PLEASE WITH THE P&SB BEAT RIGHTERS WE HAVE YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME KEVIN STEVINS AND MORITZ ARE A JOKE THEY WOULDNT KNOW NEWS IF IT PUNCHED THEM AND THE FACE

Guest Guest
PLEASE WITH THE P&SB BEAT RIGHTERS WE HAVE YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME KEVIN STEVINS AND MORITZ ARE A JOKE THEY WOULDNT KNOW NEWS IF IT PUNCHED THEM AND THE FACE

He is leaving

Guest Guest
where is he going?

I heard some Division 2 school in Pennsylvania or something like dat. I wonder who is going to take over?

Guest Guest
I heard some Division 2 school in Pennsylvania or something like dat. I wonder who is going to take over?

Mark Ward should take it we want him out of SV anyway.

Guest Guest

Mark Ward is a great guy-SV should be happy as hell to have him or did they prefer the past politics better!

Guest Guest

Anyone know which school??

Guest Guest

Mark Ward is a great guy-SV should be happy as hell to have him or did they prefer the past politics better!

You must not know him then he is a pompus DELETED I hope he does take the Broome job and they give the coaching job to Mike Ford.

Guest Guest

I though I heard somebody at school talking about Mansfield?

Guest Guest

Bloomsburg?

Guest slasps
Bloomsburg?

Mansfield is division 2 not division 3. Bloomburg is also division 2 i think could be a number of schools does anybody know for sure if he is really leaving and where he is going?

Guest Bob Knight

Good on Jimmy if he can get a full time gig. He's a talented young coach.

BCC is a joke. The only school in the CSAC without a full time basketball coach. The BCC coaches are paid less than a high school coach in the STAC, plus the BCC coaches have to recruit, travel, drive the vans, etc.

Best of luck to Jimmy.

Guest Guest

So, what does the team look like next year? They lost all their good players. Who will be on the team? I would like to know some names if anyone knows.

@

Guest Guest
So, what does the team look like next year? They lost all their good players. Who will be on the team? I would like to know some names if anyone knows.

@

Kjaerholt and Huston were both All-Region and were only Freshman. Definitely 2 of their 3 best players. Who knows if they are returning though Evans might take him with him if he has another job. Clint Foster is at Broome he is very good, and I heard Cartright and Doherty were both going there. If all 3 stay along with Kjaerholt and Huston coming back they will be good again, but I doubt all will stay at Broome now that Evans is moving somewhere else.

Guest Guest
Kjaerholt and Huston were both All-Region and were only Freshman. Definitely 2 of their 3 best players. Who knows if they are returning though Evans might take him with him if he has another job. Clint Foster is at Broome he is very good, and I heard Cartright and Doherty were both going there. If all 3 stay along with Kjaerholt and Huston coming back they will be good again, but I doubt all will stay at Broome now that Evans is moving somewhere else.

He goin to a Division 2 junior college he got full-time jobi cant remember wut the name is but ya he's gone its in da paper.

Guest Guest

I have seen Clint Foster play a couple times and he is terrible. No defense at all, stands still and shoots. I watched him play at a BU pick up game and it was a joke. I heard he get cut from Cortland and he dropped out. If BCC is banking on him, they are in big trouble. The others are ok, but nothing special.

Guest Guest

He was offered the job at Mercyhurst Community College. He has not accepted it like he said in the paper he's my friend I know this as fact.

@

Guest Charlie
He was offered the job at Mercyhurst Community College. He has not accepted it like he said in the paper he's my friend I know this as fact.

@

OBVIOUSLY the BCvoice is a bunch of tired self-worthless teenagers hung up on talking about themselves because other than Jimmy Johnson this is the biggest news story of the year and there is little feedback on it and zero feedback on the pressconnects site. Jimmy Evans is one of 2 professional basketball players from the Broome County area in the last 20-30 years (other than Ralph Bucci, can you name another?????) and his leaving BCC and the B.C. area has recieved little to no attention. That shows me that this site is infested with 15 year old kids talking about themselves instead of what its supposed to be rational people with sophisticated insight discussing Broome County matters. I wish Jimmy good luck he is a great kid with a great future ahead of him in the coaching world and I know for a fact if BCC would have compensated like he deserved he would have never left. We are losing a great human being and a great coach in Jimmys resignation and it deserves to be recognized. I will sing it proudly.

Charlie Engel -- Conklin resident and BCC alum.

Guest Guest

@

He did accept the job I think you are wrong.

@

Guest Guest
OBVIOUSLY the BCvoice is a bunch of tired self-worthless teenagers hung up on talking about themselves because other than Jimmy Johnson this is the biggest news story of the year and there is little feedback on it and zero feedback on the pressconnects site. Jimmy Evans is one of 2 professional basketball players from the Broome County area in the last 20-30 years (other than Ralph Bucci, can you name another?????) and his leaving BCC and the B.C. area has recieved little to no attention. That shows me that this site is infested with 15 year old kids talking about themselves instead of what its supposed to be rational people with sophisticated insight discussing Broome County matters. I wish Jimmy good luck he is a great kid with a great future ahead of him in the coaching world and I know for a fact if BCC would have compensated like he deserved he would have never left. We are losing a great human being and a great coach in Jimmys resignation and it deserves to be recognized. I will sing it proudly.

Charlie Engel -- Conklin resident and BCC alum.

lets not get carried away here Charlie. Jim played overseas for free beer and not much else for a few months. Most of his professional career was with the Washington Generals while touring with the globetrotters... much better college players from the area, who chose not to waste their time in poverty ridden countries playing D3 level pro ball

@

Archived