Broome basketball.......

Guest Lipsis

Guest Guest

Could someone please tell me why he is taking the mercyhurst job? It is not a step up, in fact they play BCC. Are any current players going with him? Why go from a two year school to a two year school? This makes no sence to me at all.

Guest Guest
Could someone please tell me why he is taking the mercyhurst job? It is not a step up, in fact they play BCC. Are any current players going with him? Why go from a two year school to a two year school? This makes no sence to me at all.

It is a step up when they are giving him a full time job as well. Who is going to stay at BCC getting paid less than a high school coach and not even get a full time job out of the deal? Most JUCO's find a job in admissions or athletics/recreation to make the shitty coaching pay more tolerable.

Guest Guest

Ok well that now makes sence. Are any current players following him? I am not sure why they would go to a different juco school, but maybe some are. I looked up the league he will be coaching in and it looks to be a step down from BCC's league. I mean Ridleylowell? I am glad he has a full time job but this just doesn't seem like a step up other than pay.

Guest Guest

What in the world is a division 2 junior college? Is that like a good jv team? There are division 1,2,3 and juco. I have never heard of division 2 juco's. Please explain.

Guest guest
What in the world is a division 2 junior college? Is that like a good jv team? There are division 1,2,3 and juco. I have never heard of division 2 juco's. Please explain.

Similiar to the NCAA, Junior College is divided into three divisions (1, 2, 3). The northeast extended south is primarily D3 and D2 (NY is loaded from Buffalo/Rochester to the NYC). D2 schools are also throughout the northeast extending west. D1 schools are located throught the nation, however some of the top D1 schools (athletically) are located in the central region of the nation. The Jay-Hawk League has some of the best talent, full time head coaching positions are common.

JUCO D3 schools do not offer any type of athletic scholarships. D2 and D1 schools have scholarships (selected amount of full and/or partial) pending the school and athletic program (the amount of sports offered can impact how much scholarship money is available to basketball). For additional information on Junior College, visit http://www.njcaa.org/.

I hope this helps.

Guest Guest

Well I learned something new today. Thank you. Are any of his players going to follow him there? Cartright and Daugherty are two very good players (but not good students), but as far as I can see, that is it as far as good new players.

Guest ernthal
Ok well that now makes sence. Are any current players following him? I am not sure why they would go to a different juco school, but maybe some are. I looked up the league he will be coaching in and it looks to be a step down from BCC's league. I mean Ridleylowell? I am glad he has a full time job but this just doesn't seem like a step up other than pay.

Actually, it is a big step up. I dont know where you are getting your information from but Ridley Lowell is not in Mercyhurst's conference. They are in the WNYAC conference with Monroe CC, Erie CC, Genesee CC, Alfred St., and a few other schools in Western Pennsylvania. They are all division 2 and all have scholarship money. As the above poster stated there are D-1, 2 and 3 levels of junior college as well and BCC is at the lowest level with no scholarship money and part time pay. Congrats to him for landing a full-time job with some scholarship money available. I actually spoke to him last week and he is trying to get a few of his players and recruits to go with him (although he wouldnt tell me who) so maybe its those BHS kids. And Mercyhurst NE does not play BCC so I dont know where that poster gets his information from I have been to every BCC home game the last 6 years and follow them regularly they have never played NE.

Guest Guest

Going from one juco to another is not a step up. Juco athletics are nothing more than grade 13 and are for kids who have not opened a book in high school and can barely read and act like they are still in high school. Please stop acting like this is a big deal as these players are poor students who want to continue high school but can't. Next thing you will say is that these players will be going d1 in a few years. Give me a break.

Guest Guest
Going from one juco to another is not a step up. Juco athletics are nothing more than grade 13 and are for kids who have not opened a book in high school and can barely read and act like they are still in high school. Please stop acting like this is a big deal as these players are poor students who want to continue high school but can't. Next thing you will say is that these players will be going d1 in a few years. Give me a break.

Well arent you enlightened, sir. Monroe CC lost in the Division 2 National Championship game 2 years ago and sent 4 players on full Division 1 scholarships. Erie and Genesee each sent 3 last year. Mercyhurst had 2 players sign D-1 2 seasons ago and one last year. Check websites once in awhile this is not hard information to gather. Jamestown-Olean regularly sends players to low D-1 high D-2 schools. You are just a negative human being period. Division 2 junior college is a major step up in talent and athleticism from division 3. I come from Western NY and if you say otherwise you simply have never seen the contrast in talent.

Guest Guest

If he is taking kids from BCC to his new school, please don't tell me it is above the d3 level. If these kids were so good, they would be playing for local d3 programs. The truth is, they aren't good enough to play for local d3 programs and now you think they may go d1. This is what some tell these kids and they believe it. It is a sorry tale to tell.

Guest Guest
If he is taking kids from BCC to his new school, please don't tell me it is above the d3 level. If these kids were so good, they would be playing for local d3 programs. The truth is, they aren't good enough to play for local d3 programs and now you think they may go d1. This is what some tell these kids and they believe it. It is a sorry tale to tell.

Did he say all 15 people went division 1? Pulling a few key players from this area to be role players doesnt mean everyone on the team is going Division 1. I think you are just a negative nancy and want to try to bring down these college kids trying to get an education and further themselves in basketball. Go back to your job in the factory and stop hating on young kids. And apparently it IS ABOVE THE D3 LEVEL if its a division 2 junior college slowpoke.

Guest Guest

How did you know my name was Nancy and I work in a factory? Wow, that is wierd. Look at their schedule, they play d3 jv teams. Division 2 juco? Sorry that is almost too funny a term to be real. There are no d1 level basketball players in this area and you know it, yet just follow a juco coach to who knows where and you will play d1. Give me a break.

Guest Guest
How did you know my name was Nancy and I work in a factory? Wow, that is wierd. Look at their schedule, they play d3 jv teams. Division 2 juco? Sorry that is almost too funny a term to be real. There are no d1 level basketball players in this area and you know it, yet just follow a juco coach to who knows where and you will play d1. Give me a break.

Maybe there are no division players in the area because they are surrounded by negative people like u.

@

Guest Guest

What does that last post mean? At what point will we realize that going juco for sports is a joke. It really is. Most of these kids didn't open a book in high school, have no plans to study in juco, and are only going there to continue playing sports. Now, they are going to follow a coach to another state to play a sport. Then, on here, they are treated like heroes. Again, give me a break. Let's start complimenting all those student-athletes that both opened books and went on to good colleges.

Guest Guest
What does that last post mean? At what point will we realize that going juco for sports is a joke. It really is. Most of these kids didn't open a book in high school, have no plans to study in juco, and are only going there to continue playing sports. Now, they are going to follow a coach to another state to play a sport. Then, on here, they are treated like heroes. Again, give me a break. Let's start complimenting all those student-athletes that both opened books and went on to good colleges.

I agree with you. In fact, we should just shut down all junior colleges all together. None of these kids should have a chance to further their education. In fact, why dont we shut down all non-Ivy and Patriot league. I mean if they really wanted to get into those schools they could put in the effort right? Why dont we just limit it to Harvard and Yale, and let every high school student in the country fight it out....

Your logic is both idiotic and ignorant. Juco is a phenomenal way to lessen expense cost of a 4-year institution. Most kids have no plans to study in juco? You have to meet the same exact academic requirements at a 2-year school that you must meet at a 4-year program if you wish to play athletics. So therefore all these Junior College kids who are playing sports across America must be at least doing as much as all the big college stars you see on TV. Who is being treated like a hero? Does it really matter to you if anyone transfers from BCC or if the BHS kids go with the coach who recruited them? Honestly I will sleep fine tonight either way and have to get up early for work tomorrow.

You sound like you have never been a part of a team and I feel sorry for you.

Guest entrhral

Here is a fact for this poster: 62% of American High School students begin their collegiate education at a 2-year school. SIXTY TWO PERCENT!!!!!!! So do you really imply that these kids shouldnt at least have an attempt at a degree and a comfortable life? Whether sports are the reason they attend college or not as the above poster noted they have to follow the same academic rules that athletes at 4-year schools and apparently they must meet the same requirements credit wise.

I guess my question is this to you, what do you propose for these kids? Graduate High School, not get into affordable 4-year schools, and "start the real world"? I think its time for you to get off your high horse and start realizing that kids deserve a chance to succeed. I am just happy none of my kids turned out to be like you.

Guest Guest
Here is a fact for this poster: 62% of American High School students begin their collegiate education at a 2-year school. SIXTY TWO PERCENT!!!!!!! So do you really imply that these kids shouldnt at least have an attempt at a degree and a comfortable life? Whether sports are the reason they attend college or not as the above poster noted they have to follow the same academic rules that athletes at 4-year schools and apparently they must meet the same requirements credit wise.

I guess my question is this to you, what do you propose for these kids? Graduate High School, not get into affordable 4-year schools, and "start the real world"? I think its time for you to get off your high horse and start realizing that kids deserve a chance to succeed. I am just happy none of my kids turned out to be like you.

Pay 3 thousand a year to go to Broome or pay 40 thousand a year to go to Hartwick. Tough choice.

Guest Guest

Seems like I hit a nerve. I never said all kids, I said kids who never opened a book and want to continue grades 13 and 14 to only play sports. I do hope they learn the phrase, "Do you want fries with that?"

Guest Guest

I went to Broome. You can go there and be successfull in this society. I have a great job that I wear a suit and top hat to everyday, eat only the finest foods derived from plants from all over the world, have several pets that love me including birds, horses, gerbals, and miniature snails. I also have a loving family, a 36 inch televsion, and a movie collection that would make you jealous. So how do you like those "fries."

Guest Guest
I went to Broome. You can go there and be successfull in this society. I have a great job that I wear a suit and top hat to everyday, eat only the finest foods derived from plants from all over the world, have several pets that love me including birds, horses, gerbals, and miniature snails. I also have a loving family, a 36 inch televsion, and a movie collection that would make you jealous. So how do you like those "fries."

I wouldnt have mentioned gerbals to this crowd if you want some respect.

Guest Guest

I can't get by the snails part. I can't figure out if he was serious (which I hope he wasn't) or not. If he was serious, he really proved my point. There is nothing wrong with kids going junior college. It provides opportunities for them that would not be there. My complaint is that kids who didn't open a book in high school and then go to juco only to play sports. We continue to put these kids on a pedestal which they don't belong. And when I say that this is a continuation of high school mentality, I get put down for it. Most of these kids going to BCC to play basketball have not opened a book in high school. Some couldn't even make it at a D3 college and dropped out. That speaks volumes about the BCC basketball program.

Guest Guest
I can't get by the snails part. I can't figure out if he was serious (which I hope he wasn't) or not. If he was serious, he really proved my point. There is nothing wrong with kids going junior college. It provides opportunities for them that would not be there. My complaint is that kids who didn't open a book in high school and then go to juco only to play sports. We continue to put these kids on a pedestal which they don't belong. And when I say that this is a continuation of high school mentality, I get put down for it. Most of these kids going to BCC to play basketball have not opened a book in high school. Some couldn't even make it at a D3 college and dropped out. That speaks volumes about the BCC basketball program.

he proved your point if he owns a pet snail? That may make him a little wierd but I hardly think that proves your point. Many kids drop out of schools whether they go to BCC or any other junior college first. Its called a learning process. You want to bury kids who make mistakes. I dont think any of these kids are "being put on pedestals" just trying to talk some sports. This is the Sports forum. You dont like it go somewhere else nobody needs your ignorant comments or negativity. You say "cant even make it at a D3 college". You act like its easy to play division 3 basketball. Did you play? Have you ever seen a game? It takes much hard work and dedication to play at the 4-year level so dont act like its easy. Your implications of kids cant even making it at d3 programs speaks volumes about your knowledge of basketball.

Guest Guest

Why do I prove your point because I own snails? I have them imported from Belgium. They have a life expectancy of between 15-20 years and if they are trained properly can perform a variety of tricks. How are they any worse than your dog that sheds all over your house, licks his private parts, and eats his own poo biscuits. I obtained very high grades in tough courses at Broome and utilized what I learned there to move up the ladder of a highly successful Manufacturing Plant where I currently have my name on my office desk and door. I also wear a tie (usually one with dancing bunnies) to work everyday and live in an upscale neighborhood. I wouldnt try to put me down. I laugh at you while I sip my expensive lemonade in my $65.00 pair of plush slippers. "Fry That."

Guest Guest
Why do I prove your point because I own snails? I have them imported from Belgium. They have a life expectancy of between 15-20 years and if they are trained properly can perform a variety of tricks. How are they any worse than your dog that sheds all over your house, licks his private parts, and eats his own poo biscuits. I obtained very high grades in tough courses at Broome and utilized what I learned there to move up the ladder of a highly successful Manufacturing Plant where I currently have my name on my office desk and door. I also wear a tie (usually one with dancing bunnies) to work everyday and live in an upscale neighborhood. I wouldnt try to put me down. I laugh at you while I sip my expensive lemonade in my $65.00 pair of plush slippers. "Fry That."

This man has a point. I do not see how owning a pet snail makes him less qualified to run a manufactuing plant, and or sip his expensive lemons swhile watching a nice movei or 12, preferably a hit DVD following little furry creautres helping a nice white-caucasian boy and girl find there lost family being held in a cave by a large monster beast. How is it this guy can import snails from belgium, isn't that illegal? Anyway I think the true measure of a man/athlete is not in the level of school, but in the level of courage. In fact, I would bet my special edition ANDERSONVILLE dvd that the guy with pet snails has enough courage to stick his hand into the hole not knowing if it will get bitten by the poisonous beast (Charity Gregoski). Remember all, even a rock can point you in the right direction, that is if you don't throw it away too soon. :blink:

@

Archived